Selling a hail damaged Subaru Ascent

1,013 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by mefoghorn
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am currently driving a 2021 Subaru Ascent that got beat up last week with hail. No paint or window damage but it hit most panels.

Should I try to get it totaled, fix it and sell it or cash out an ACV check and then sell it? It is in great shape other than the hail. 32k miles.
cityagboy
AG
I owe $12k on the Subaru. I could pay it off if needed but it had zero% financing so I stretched it out
Aggie71013
AG
Why not keep it? Not sure how bad the damage is, but my truck has some hail damage from a storm and I've just kept driving it. No reason imo to replace a vehicle just for hail damage unless it is substantial / beyond cosmetic.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
If you have a loan , you're obligated to. In fact the insurance will likely cut a check to you and the insurance company together
cityagboy
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

If you have a loan , you're obligated to. In fact the insurance will likely cut a check to you and the insurance company together

My question was more should I pay it off before the insurance cuts a check
cityagboy
AG
Aggie71013 said:

Why not keep it? Not sure how bad the damage is, but my truck has some hail damage from a storm and I've just kept driving it. No reason imo to replace a vehicle just for hail damage unless it is substantial / beyond cosmetic.

Ready to go back to a truck. Made another post asking for advice on that

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3455044/replies/67356732#67356732
Craigy
cityagboy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

My question was more should I pay it off before the insurance cuts a check
I would pay it off, keep the insurance check , possibly PDP and then sell it
TXCityGirl
If you fix it, I would be interested in knowing your list price afterwards...
mefoghorn
AG
Your insurance company may total it, and pay you. If you like it and could use it, buy it back for salvage value if it seems like a good use your money. Then at any time, you can go to a paintless dent repair place and get some or all fixed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.