MASTERS OF THE AIR Official Trailer (2024)

15,498 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by CT'97
TRD-Ferguson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad said a similar thing about becoming a Marine rather than joining the Army Air Force or the Navy.

"Ships sink and planes always end up on the ground"!
ABATTBQ87
AG
jwoodmd said:

They were really lazy and cheap on their CGI. In 1945 those B-17s would have been mostly G models with the chin turret but none had them, They at least moved to the unpainted aluminum which was phased in fully by then.

A video interview with Stephen Rosenbaum, Visual Effects supervisor or MOTA series, and he discusses the criticism of the 1945 bombers not having the chin turret
@ 17minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/live/hl2EYqcFXsE?si=odbASrePa0y8H7VB
BQ78
AG
What did he say or what minute did he say it at?
ABATTBQ87
AG
BQ78 said:

What did he say or what minute did he say it at?

17 minute mark
BQ78
AG
Thanks, a little surprising that they rushed to production when you consider how long it was in production.
CT'97
AG
Interesting, I'll have to watch the whole video.
I had just chalked it up to them making a movie and not a documentary and consistency is important in movies.
Rabid Cougar
AG
NM. duplicate post.
CT'97
AG
BQ78 said:

Thanks, a little surprising that they rushed to production when you consider how long it was in production.
It was in development for a long time, production was actually really hampered by the effects of covid laws and a fear of being shut down at any point and forced to send everyone home by another knee jerk reaction from either the US or UK governments. So I can understand if they were rushing to get filming finished so they could get everything into post production that would be less effected by shut downs and such.
JABQ04
AG
SIAP but this is an awesome site. I've been diving into the minor characters to see what happened, like Cruikshank, Murphy, Ev Blakeley, Hamilton etc…. Lots of articles and interview transcripts.

ETA I guess I should post the link.

https://100thbg.com/

BQ78
AG
Not sure how Covid affected CGI creation but I'll take your word for it.
Gunny456
AG
Watch the video interview and you will understand.
ABATTBQ87
AG
JABQ04 said:

SIAP but this is an awesome site. I've been diving into the minor characters to see what happened, like Cruikshank, Murphy, Ev Blakeley, Hamilton etc…. Lots of articles and interview transcripts.

ETA I guess I should post the link.

https://100thbg.com/

Rosenthals grandson was in MOTA

Interview here:

CT'97
AG
They had a full sized mock up of an F model B-17 they used for most of the filming on and around the hard stand and taxing. Like Gunny said, watch the video.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.