Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Harrell quote

58,745 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by MSCAg
JMR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
"The basis of this offense is the vertical passing game," Harrell said of his favorite target's game-winning score. "That's just a vertical that we threw behind, and we practice that every day in practice. ... On that (last play), the corner wasn't looking, and if he isn't looking, throw it behind his head like Coach Leach says and let your receiver make a play, and that's what he did.

I haven't watched a game this year....do your CBs look for the ball now days? Or did keeping our DBs coach from the last staff keep that no-look coverage in tact?
AnalogyAg
point being, and i've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned.

Almost every CB will have his back turned at some point when you are running a vertical route in man coverage.

When the receiver stops and comes back, he will almost ALWAYS have a huge advantage on the defender.

It's time we start using this a bit more.
AnalogyAg
point being, and i've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned.

Almost every CB will have his back turned at some point when you are running a vertical route in man coverage.

When the receiver stops and comes back, he will almost ALWAYS have a huge advantage on the defender.

AnalogyAg

AnalogyAg
boy,i can say that again!
Greatness
AG

AggieDruggist89
AG

Zobel
AG

boogieman
AG

Jetpilot86
AG
could you repeat that, I don't understand...

Never Fear, Never Quit. - [quote off my favorite ball cap.]
AggieRinger
AG

realstuff
you guys are a bunch a jackass idiots
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
But you can't ALWAYS count on the Safety completely overrunning the play instead of backing the corner up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WhataMaroon88
AG
Let's go Mr. Gallikinokis...
FAST FRED
AG
Point being, Harrell says it works for his WRs against their CBs in practice, so let's do it.

Gig 'em, FAST FRED '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
aurdraco

phatbc

Waltonloads08
AG
you guys are a bunch a jackass idiots
Waltonloads08
AG

Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:

jeepwranglin01
AG
what is the point again?
wheelsoff
cavjock made me laff...
wxguy95
dtkprowler
AG
bbq

Raggy09
AG
In short, just to reiterate: point being, and i've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned.

All for the BBQ

_________________________________________________________________________________
BRING BACK FARMERS FIGHT!!!! BRING BACK BONFIRE!!!!

ZIP '09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nzEFMjkI4

smokeythebear
AG
point being, an' i've said dis here fo' years, dat da hardest route ta defend iz uh come-back when da CB'sback iz turned.

Almost every CB will gots his back turned at some point when ya iz running uh vertical route in nig coverage.

When da receiver stops an' comes back, he will almost ALWAYS gots uh huge advantage on da defender.

It'styme we's start usin' dis here uh bit mo'. what 'chew thinking man?
jag09
Sandman23
AG
you guys are a bunch of jackass idiots
Oldfart2
huh?
AggieRinger
AG
you guys are a bunch of jackass idiots becuase...

AG
Come Again?

quote:

quote:

CrottyKid
AG
What's your point?
whoop2217
S

Hodor

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.