General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,308 Views | 2557 Replies
Mathguy64
3:22p, 1/19/23
Well that didn't take long for Spurs to go all Spursey.
Aston94
3:44p, 1/19/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

That is amazing!
Mathguy64
3:56p, 1/19/23
I'm not sure I've seen a team so completely and utterly and quickly crap the bed as Spurs in that half. They should be proud of themselves for accomplishing such a feat.
Mathguy64
3:58p, 1/19/23
Holy crap. Some City player just stripped, handed a fan his shorts, and walked off in his jock strap. This game could not have ended in any more weird a way.
KCup17
7:48p, 1/19/23
Spurs literally did the most spursy thing
Furlock Bones
12:57p, 1/21/23
Magpies still having trouble actually putting the ball in the net.
ElCheAg
1:24p, 1/21/23
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

No kidding.
Furlock Bones
1:34p, 1/21/23
In reply to ElCheAg
ElCheAg said:

Furlock Bones said:

No kidding.

They have come as far as their talent level will allow. If they don't do something before the window closes, I'm afraid they could tumble towards the back end of the season.
Aston94
1:53p, 1/21/23
I see Newcastle being much like Arsenal were last year, just not really being sure how to have that killer instinct as of yet. Unlike Arsenal, I think they also need another quality player or two up front.

But I give them credit, they have been methodical in their progression, not overspending or bringing in too many players at once. But they will need to improve the roster if they truly want to compete with the top clubs.
DeangeloVickers
10:50a, 1/22/23
Rashford is on fire, what a goal

At least Partey can't assault anyone on the pitch.

Bruno is such a *****

Arsenal with equalizer and showing everyday they are gonna give Citah trouble
DeangeloVickers
11:43a, 1/22/23
Sakas goal. From there?!?!? Wow
DeangeloVickers
11:49a, 1/22/23
Awesome match
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
12:29p, 1/22/23
Great match, win or lose.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Furlock Bones
9:48a, 1/23/23
Lampard fired. Lol
deadbq03
3:23p, 1/23/23
Rumors swirling that they're going to hire Bielsa.

Will make Feb 18 really interesting for Marsch.
Dre_00
3:02a, 1/24/23
Bielsa is a perfectly good coach for certain situations but this doesn't seem to be one of them. I can't see his style being successful for a team in a relegation battle who needs points yesterday.
Aston94
5:21a, 1/24/23
In reply to Dre_00
Agree completely. Unless Everton board are willing to drop to Championship and let him build from ground up, which seems very unlikely.
Mathguy64
6:16a, 1/24/23
Bielsa's system takes a long time to implement and requires a very high fitness level from the players. He can't just walk in and have the players do it. It would be a disaster.

It would look like what Rangnick tried at United last season except worse. The ManU players weren't prepared for that high press style either.

Everton probably needs to break the glass and pull the emergency handle for Big Sam or someone else like that who will just sit there and play ugly to grind out points one at a time.
Furlock Bones
8:04a, 1/24/23
In reply to Mathguy64
I love that as soon as I saw break the glass i knew you were going to say Big Sam.
ChipFTAC01
12:07p, 1/24/23
If I'm breaking the glass I'd go with Sean Dyche.
Dre_00
1:26p, 1/24/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
Yeah, he seems like the best "just do whatever it takes to keep us up, I don't care how it looks" hire. The problem with those hires is that even if he succeeds, he's probably going to make it more likely that their in a relegation battle again next season.

There are no real good choices for Everton. Clubs should always be planning/hiring for long term success but the consequences of relegation are so steep, they will likely screw themselves for the next 5 years just to try and stay up this year.

Speaking of Burnley coaches...I don't know if he would take it but Vincent Kompany would be an excellent hire that has a realistic chance of serving both goals. He was able to instill his style of football quite quickly at Burnley and it's a style that could lead to success in the EPL. I doubt he would take it because 1) Everton is a **** show and 2) he's already virtually clinched EPL football for 23/24 with Burnley (18 points ahead of 3rd) so...I doubt he would take the risk. But he would be top of my list and I would throw a lot of money at him if I owned Everton.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
3:29p, 1/24/23
Furlock Bones said:

Big Sam
Oh Christ.
eiggA2002
3:36p, 1/24/23
In reply to Dre_00
You're right, there aren't many good options. They've got to stay up. If Everton goes down it's likely that'll they'll be down there for a while. It could be an absolute disaster. Don't forget that they also have a new stadium under construction. They are already in financial distress as it is and they haven't even been relegated. This is going to be so interesting to watch.

Kompany is doing great at Burnley, but why go to Everton when he'll be in the PL next year with Burnley. He's done the impossible in making Burnley look sexy.
Dre_00
3:56p, 1/24/23
As if it couldn't get any crazier, reports that Moshiri has put Everton up for sale.
deadbq03
4:40p, 1/24/23
If they keep trying hard, I'm confident they can pull off a double relegation like Sunderland.
wangus12
4:46p, 1/24/23
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

As if it couldn't get any crazier, reports that Moshiri has put Everton up for sale.

Now those reports are being refuted
ChipFTAC01
5:02p, 1/24/23
In reply to eiggA2002
eiggA2002 said:

You're right, there aren't many good options. They've got to stay up. If Everton goes down it's likely that'll they'll be down there for a while. It could be an absolute disaster. Don't forget that they also have a new stadium under construction. They are already in financial distress as it is and they haven't even been relegated. This is going to be so interesting to watch.

Kompany is doing great at Burnley, but why go to Everton when he'll be in the PL next year with Burnley. He's done the impossible in making Burnley look sexy.

Yeah I see it like Leeds or Wednesday.
Aston94
6:48p, 1/24/23
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

That's the best news yet!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
7:51a, 1/25/23
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

Dre_00 said:

That's the best news yet!
seriously. Please petro state or crazy actual billionaire come buy/save the club!
DeangeloVickers
4:47p, 1/26/23
Mathguy64
12:49p, 1/27/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

If I'm breaking the glass I'd go with Sean Dyche.

Looks like that the glass they broke.
Out in Left Field
2:41p, 1/27/23
Matt Turner in goal vs Man City in the FA cup
Dre_00
4:01p, 1/27/23
In reply to Out in Left Field
He played pretty well. Not much he could have done on Ake's goal (though he might have been a tad slow to react?)

Last 4 goals he's allowed has been to Dutch players.
TXAggie2011
4:04p, 1/27/23
Turner played pretty well. Strong clearances and did the sweeper keeper stuff well.

I don't think he could have done a ton on the goal, and should have gotten more help from his center back Saliba in making that harder on Ake.
DeangeloVickers
7:56a, 1/28/23
I wonder if Parteys MRI will finally reveal he's a rapist.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 31 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings