General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,315 Views | 2557 Replies
ChipFTAC01
9:56p, 1/31/23
Following up on a comment kn the Arsenal thread about Brighton's push for Europe, have any of the south coast teams ever qualified for Europe?
Ag Since 83
10:23p, 1/31/23
Portsmouth won the FA Cup back in 2008 so would have been in the UEFA Cup/Europa League the next season
TXAggie2011
10:30p, 1/31/23
Southampton has played in a handful of Europa Leagues
DeangeloVickers
8:31a, 2/1/23
Aston94
9:06a, 2/1/23
In reply to DeangeloVickers
Awesome
wangus12
11:11a, 2/1/23
carl spacklers hat
11:36a, 2/1/23
In reply to wangus12
So does Nottingham just throw s**t against the wall to see what sticks??? 29 signings is 13 more than next closest. Wow
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
11:43a, 2/1/23
In reply to carl spacklers hat
carl spacklers hat said:

So does Nottingham just throw s**t against the wall to see what sticks??? 29 signings is 13 more than next closest. Wow
Sorry, I think you meant Chelsea.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
wangus12
11:56a, 2/1/23
In reply to carl spacklers hat
Yeah I have no idea what they're doing.
TXAggie2011
12:27p, 2/1/23
Well, that includes the summer, and Forest is back in the Premier League after over two decades in lower divisions. And, fwiw, they barely got promoted.

They felt they needed to remake their squad to have a chance to stay up. So far, its working.
wangus12
1:27p, 2/1/23
In reply to TXAggie2011
Its imperative they stay up. That seems like a hedge bet on staying in the top tier to spend what they did
ElCheAg
3:40p, 2/1/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

Broken down by "per signing":

Chelsea $41.66 mil

Man U $29.47 mil

West Ham $21.15 mil

Arsenal $26.22 mil

Newcastle $25.25 mil

Nott Forest $6.92 mil

Tottenham $19.39 mil

Wolves $24.13 mil

Barca $21.53 mil

Man City $27.35 mil

TXAggie2011
2:25p, 2/3/23
The Chelsea F.C. "project"

(1) Spend 100s of millions on new forwards.
(2) Loan out old forward Hakim Ziyech.
(3) **** up paperwork for loan of Hakim Ziyech.
(4) Start Hakim Ziyech in next match.
Rudyjax
2:47p, 2/3/23
Seeing lots of poor finishes by Chelsea. I thought Pulisic was the only one on the team to **** up a finish.
agdoc2001
3:55p, 2/3/23
600 million doesn't buy as many shots on target as it used to
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jeffk
4:22p, 2/3/23
In reply to agdoc2001
American defenders are priceless apparently.
Rudyjax
5:21p, 2/3/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

American defenders are priceless apparently.

They balled. That's for sure.
Showstopper
6:15p, 2/3/23
With another bil or two Chelsea may be ready to win against recently promoted teams like Fulham.
deadbq03
10:43p, 2/3/23
In reply to agdoc2001
agdoc2001 said:

600 million doesn't buy as many shots on target as it used to
666 point something million, you mean.

They really should've just spent 300k more, but now they are officially cursed.
Out in Left Field
9:47a, 2/5/23
So Marsh getting sacked after this one? Leeds haven't had a chance all half.

McKennie not looking great since coming one
DeangeloVickers
9:53a, 2/5/23
McKennie looks out of shape

Forest killed off the game in excruciating fashion....
Engine10
9:54a, 2/5/23
In reply to Out in Left Field
It's gotta be on the table - Leeds looking ready for relegation
DeangeloVickers
9:57a, 2/5/23
Not sure if I've ever seen a team play as bad as Forest, win a match

Bamford is just nowhere close to good enough to be a 9
deadbq03
2:03p, 2/5/23
That first half was one of the most frustrating things I've watched this year. Leeds utterly dominanted in every facet except putting the ball between the sticks.

Marsch has struggled greatly at both Leeds and Leipzig in one area: the team is really unlucky. And while that sounds like it ought not be the head man's fault, we often speak of teams "creating their own luck" … and his teams seem to have really bad luck almost every game.
jeffk
4:39p, 2/5/23
Fun exercise for you guys: go read the first page of each of the official EPL team threads. I just did it and it's hilarious to see how the vibes have flipped for some of them (and as a Liverpool supporter, I say hilarious in like a tragic, dark comedy sense).
deadbq03
7:40p, 2/5/23
It was worth it just to be reminded of Conte v. Tuchel.
Dre_00
2:50a, 2/6/23
Quote:

It can't get any worse can it? (It probably can)

Help us Erik ten Hag, you're our only hope.

I'm sorry, but I have to say that I NAILED it and did so in less than 20 words.

It did get worse to start (Losing to Brighton and Brentford by a combined score of 6-1) but then ETH was allowed to do it is way, benched Ronaldo for the 1st time, beat Liverpool at OT and turned the season completely around (so far).

This is like the 1st thing I've ever said that can be reasonably construed as "correct". Please clap.
DeangeloVickers
7:12a, 2/6/23
I enjoyed reading that Casemiro only took his shirt to his neck...that he didn't actually have his hands around his neck.

Meanwhile

Dre_00
7:39a, 2/6/23
And in that split second, Will Hughes questioned all of his life's decisions that had led him to this moment.
jeffk
8:08a, 2/6/23
In reply to Dre_00
Lol. Someone posted the post-game celebration pictures from Liverpool's Community Shield win over City and I had to go google it to confirm that that happy, winning team was in fact the same one I watched get hammered this past weekend.
DeangeloVickers
8:20a, 2/6/23
Rudyjax
8:22a, 2/6/23
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

Dayum...

I really hope the USMNT doesn't hire him.

wangus12
8:23a, 2/6/23
In reply to Rudyjax
You know it's gonna happen
oh no
8:39a, 2/6/23
Would USA get the Salzburg Marsch or the Leipzig & Leeds Marsch?
deadbq03
8:45a, 2/6/23
I'm torn. He seems like a heck of a good guy and players seem to gravitate to him.

But his tenure at Leipzig really bothered me (not surprising since that's the team I follow most). He was handed the keys to a Corvette and turned it into a Camry. And it wasn't just the change in tactics… our current coach is playing in many ways exactly like Marsch wanted to and succeeding. With both his Leipzig and Leeds teams there's a lack of a killer instinct. It's like A&M's 2011 team - you can tell there's talent and good tactics, and the teams ought to be winning way more than they do, they just can't seem to execute at critical times.

But that said, I honestly can't think of a better caretaker right now. He really is kind of the heir-apparent, and the timing is right. It's early in the cycle - give him a shot and see what happens. I'll cautiously hope for the best.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 32 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings