General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,314 Views | 2557 Replies
Furlock Bones
8:35a, 5/2/23
In reply to jeffk
This is why they are bringing him in. Got to protect that goal differential.
jeffk
8:35a, 5/2/23
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

I just have a real hard time believing a 4th official is risking his future by calling Klopp a kraut. Lol.

I don't think he did either. But I also have a hard time believing that Klopp would just up and lie about it when he knows there's recordings of everything said by the officials throughout the game.

Of course, as I say this, I'm remembering that we had an AR throw an elbow at Robertson (who admittedly is super annoying) less than a month ago so I guess anything is possible.
Mathguy64
8:52a, 5/2/23
If the PL would empower their officials to deal with this stuff on the field they wouldn't have these issues.

Klopp had been insane most of the season. Running way out of his technical area screaming at ARs or in this case the 4O.

Pep with just horrific public dissent. Witness the behavior just in the last match early when he didn't like a foul call against City. He waving inciting the crowd gesturing and screaming like a mad man.

Arteta is the worst. Not only really bad dissent but he has a nasty habit of grabbing a ball out of touch and throwing it away as the opposing team is going to grab it to throw it in. He does it almost every match. That's supposed to be an auto red. I mean they even wrote it in the Laws a couple of years ago when they listed things to send off a team official for.

Mourinho would have been sent packing multiple times for all this. These guys are getting away with it.

But then again FIFA let's guys rip balls into benches with no repercussions so I guess it's all fair in love and war.
Aston94
9:02a, 5/2/23
In reply to Mathguy64
I think you are missing the point, the PL likes the drama on the sidelines, it is great for television.
wangus12
9:13a, 5/2/23
Quote:

If the PL would empower their officials to deal with this stuff on the field they wouldn't have these issues.
I'd be fine giving them more power if they were actually competent in the first place. However, it feels like every week there are a multitude of **** ups that suggest they can't do the job properly in the first place.
Mathguy64
9:23a, 5/2/23
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

I think you are missing the point, the PL likes the drama on the sidelines, it is great for television.

I don't disagree.
jeffk
9:35a, 5/2/23
So are we taking bets on Klopp getting a ban? Mathguy (aka Vegasguy) want to set an O/U on games? Maybe a prop bet on whether the ban is for his behavior towards the 4th official or for allegations of improper communication?
Mathguy64
9:48a, 5/2/23
Meh. He gets a 1 match touchline ban. Slap on the wrist.
Dre_00
1:00p, 5/2/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Agree he needs to be suspended, but for the behavior on the sidelines not the accusation of hearing something improper from the official.

Either he just decided to fabricate/lie about it hoping his bluff would never be called or he misheard. Seems really stupid to just lie to the press when you know there's proof of the lie available.

Oh I agree. I also don't think he knowingly lied about hearing something. If the recording vindicates the ref, then I would assume that Klopp heard either misheard or he got the person wrong (maybe it was a Spurs coach who said what he heard, for example).

The behavior is inexcusable regardless of whether he heard something correctly or not. But I do think the punishment would be a little lighter if in fact something inappropriate was said.
Dre_00
1:03p, 5/2/23
In reply to Mathguy64
Pretty sure he was already suspended 1 game for comments made after beating City in October. You have to tack on at least one additional game for a 2nd offence.

I'll say 2 games mostly because the FA doesn't have the guts to do 3 when there are only 4 games left in the season.
jeffk
1:32p, 5/2/23
Yeah, he's been banned once already this season. And the FA announced a bit ago that he's been formally charged with "improper conduct" and are waiting for him to respond. I guess they want him to recant and say he didn't hear anything? IDK. If you're going to charge him, just announce the length of suspension along with the charge.
Furlock Bones
1:44p, 5/2/23
CP10 not in the 18.
Rudyjax
2:17p, 5/2/23
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

CP10 not in the 18.
20, but yeah.

****ing ridiculous and I'm pissed.
Rudyjax
2:19p, 5/2/23
I hope the gooners win 9 nil.
TXAggie2011
2:26p, 5/2/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Chuck Cunningham said:

I hope the gooners win 9 nil.
Good lad, you are
Mathguy64
2:33p, 5/2/23
Does Frank 2.0 make the end of the season?
Dre_00
2:48p, 5/2/23
In reply to Mathguy64
I think he will only because they have no threat of relegation so who cares if they lose their last 5 and finish 16th or win their last 5 and finish 10th?

But I don't know how his managerial career survives this season. Well, actually I know exactly how it does and I know that it will...but no serious club should ever hire him.
TXAggie2011
3:56p, 5/2/23
What's more disrespectful?

Juergen Klopp doing the chicken dance to the 4th official? Or Mikel Arteta rolling with Rob Holding and Jakob Kiwior for 15 minutes?
DeangeloVickers
4:02p, 5/2/23
Misery loves company with Chelsea and Tottenham .....I have no idea how you can have that many players and be 12th
wangus12
4:19p, 5/2/23
In reply to TXAggie2011
In a title race no less. But hey. According to Ten Hag, Arsenal have been completely injury free this season
wangus12
4:25p, 5/2/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Chuck Cunningham said:

Furlock Bones said:

CP10 not in the 18.
20, but yeah.

****ing ridiculous and I'm pissed.

Do yall think Frank walked back into that locker room last month when he was hired and his first words were, "How the **** is CP still here"
Mathguy64
12:02p, 5/7/23
The amount of ****housery in this NEW v ARS match is amazing. Both teams are acting like children and the referee is accommodating them.
DeangeloVickers
1:18p, 5/7/23
1. Bruno
2. Xhaka
3. Richarlison

These three couldn't be more annoying if they tried
GabJesus was acting like an 11 year old today

Liverpool and Man City don't have any noticeable ****housery professionals off the top of my head
texagbeliever
1:33p, 5/7/23
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

1. Bruno
2. Xhaka
3. Richarlison

Liverpool and Man City don't have any noticeable ****housery professionals off the top of my head

Um what? City ref surround as a team better than any other club. Pep is their guy.

Also, biased of course as an arsenal fan, but xhaka is not in the same league as bruno and Richarlison. Xhaka is a fighter and a hot head which is different than those other 2.
DeangeloVickers
1:36p, 5/7/23
In reply to texagbeliever
texagbeliever said:

DeangeloVickers said:

1. Bruno
2. Xhaka
3. Richarlison

Um what? City ref surround as a team better than any other club. Pep is their guy.

Also, biased of course as an arsenal fan, but xhaka is not in the same league as bruno and Richarlison. Xhaka is a fighter and a hot head which is different than those other 2.
Did you even watch the game today? Xhaka is a clown
DeangeloVickers
1:39p, 5/7/23
In reply to texagbeliever
texagbeliever said:

DeangeloVickers said:

1. Bruno
2. Xhaka
3. Richarlison

Whiners and surround ref yes...but fake injury, sit on ground like a petulant child when nothing happened.

No one touches the three above
TXAggie2011
1:43p, 5/7/23
DeangeloVickers
1:46p, 5/7/23
No doubt on Richarlison ....sad thing on him is his game doesn't even back it up at this point

And Bruno is in a league of his own. King of the ****house
AustinScubaAg
1:56p, 5/7/23
DeangeloVickers said:

No doubt on Richarlison ....sad thing on him is his game doesn't even back it up at this point

And Bruno is in a league of his own. King of the ****house
Xhaka is originally from Albania. The Abanians and Serbians hate each other. Is you ever wonder why he and Shaqiri were constantly taunting etc in that game that is why. Xhaka can be a hot head no doubt though.
gougler08
2:52p, 5/7/23
DeangeloVickers said:

1. Bruno
2. Xhaka
3. Richarlison

Jack Grealish would like a word
TXAggie2011
10:05p, 5/7/23
DeangeloVickers
8:08a, 5/8/23

wangus12
8:34a, 5/8/23
Still no doubt that European football fans are pretty much total trash that have to be completely separated before/during/after matches
deadbq03
9:18a, 5/10/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

Still no doubt that European football fans are pretty much total trash that have to be completely separated before/during/after matches
It's crazy that they have to tarp off seats close to the pitch or build fences, etc.

And it's not just Europe. Latin America is worse.

Sidebar here, and I'm obviously biased, but I read an article on how RB Leipzig being built from nothing created a "neutral" fan culture that many in the city are flocking to. Their city had clubs where ultras ran the show and were frequently tied to opposing extreme political positions. Normal people hated that, stopped going to games and the clubs withered into obscurity despite Leipzig being a large city. Coming from nothing, RB Leipzig had no history or fan culture, so they actively crafted a family friendly environment which the city has embraced. A friend of mine who lived in the city for a year said his family loved to go to games, it was cheaper, safer, and more fun than US sporting events (and he's not a big soccer guy).

I think clubs can and should do more.
carl spacklers hat
2:30p, 5/10/23
Sure sign of high intelligence: get drunk, go to a soccer match, sit in the opposition side and start sh*t. What a moran.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 47 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings