General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,695 Views | 2562 Replies
ThunderCougarFalconBird
3:13p, 5/10/23
In reply to deadbq03
Quasi-exception is merseyside derby. Since so many families are randomly divided between red and blue they will sit together. There isn't a hard line divide between the "Protestant" club and the "catholic" club so to speak.
wangus12
3:22p, 5/10/23
In reply to carl spacklers hat
carl spacklers hat said:

Sure sign of high intelligence: get drunk, go to a soccer match, sit in the opposition side and start sh*t. What a moran.
Oh really?
agdoc2001
3:35p, 5/10/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Sure sign of high intelligence: get drunk, go to a soccer match, sit in the opposition side and start sh*t. What a moran.
Oh really?

Moran is the 2nd oldest texags joke
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rudyjax
4:12p, 5/10/23
In reply to agdoc2001
agdoc2001 said:

wangus12 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Oh really?

Is it older than Buckley or stocker?
deadbq03
4:15p, 5/10/23
In reply to ThunderCougarFalconBird
Oh I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions.

I've heard Fulham has very well-mannered fans and is a very safe atmosphere.
TXAggie2011
4:19p, 5/10/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

Still no doubt that European football fans are pretty much total trash that have to be completely separated before/during/after matches

Grown men behaving like that in front their sons and others' sons is such trash.

Cell phones and social media should help clubs continue better identify miscreants and ban them from their stadia
TXAggie2011
4:21p, 5/10/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions.

I've heard Fulham has very well-mannered fans and is a very safe atmosphere.

I've heard the the lack of real fans and the many empty seats contributes to a safe atmosphere at the Etihad, as well
carl spacklers hat
4:23p, 5/10/23
deadbq03
6:10p, 5/12/23
I'm usually not a big fan of coaches coming in and demanding changes to management, but in the case of Spurs, after 15 years - maybe a shake up would be worthwhile.

FILO505
6:54p, 5/12/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

I'm usually not a big fan of coaches coming in and demanding changes to management, but in the case of Spurs, after 15 years - maybe a shake up would be worthwhile.

I'm usually not a big fan of coaches coming in and demanding changes to management, but in the case of Spurs I hope they sputter and crash

That seems better. **** the spuds
agdoc2001
8:42p, 5/12/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Chuck Cunningham said:

agdoc2001 said:

wangus12 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Oh really?

Is it older than Buckley or stocker?

It's older than the comeback route
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mathguy64
12:19p, 5/14/23
That may be one of the more interesting ways to give up all hope for the trophy.

When playing out the back goes badly.
Furlock Bones
12:38p, 5/14/23
Arsenal fans streaming out before the end of the match. Quite pathetic.
jeffk
2:19p, 5/14/23
Too bad. I was hoping City wouldn't win the title.
Thunder18
2:22p, 5/14/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Me too
Mathguy64
3:01p, 5/14/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

I was hoping a team with a fake "budget" run by a sovereign sportswashing fund wouldn't win the title. I guess those days are gone.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
3:40p, 5/14/23
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

jeffk said:

I was hoping a team with a fake "budget" run by a sovereign sportswashing fund wouldn't win the title. I guess those days are gone.
hopefully the European cup can continue to elude them. Weird rooting for Real Madrid Wednesday.
FILO505
3:46p, 5/14/23
In reply to ThunderCougarFalconBird
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Mathguy64 said:

jeffk said:

hopefully the European cup can continue to elude them. Weird rooting for Real Madrid Wednesday.

Don't let Nuño hear you say that
Texaggie7nine
3:59p, 5/14/23
Come on guys we all knew who was going to walk away with the league cup.
7nine
jeffk
5:54p, 5/14/23
In reply to Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine said:

Come on guys we all knew who was going to buy the league cup.
34blast
10:40p, 5/14/23
Choke job by Arsenal this year
jeffk
6:13a, 5/15/23
Good read on 4th officials here:

Mathguy64
2:05p, 5/15/23
3 minutes in and the ****housery had already started. Maddison had been involved in both ends of it.
Dre_00
2:09p, 5/15/23
Did the FA ever make a ruling on Klopp's craziness from a few weeks ago? Feels like they should've done something by now if they were going to.
Mathguy64
2:11p, 5/15/23
In reply to Dre_00
Nope. And hes already been demonstrative here about a back and forth offside call.

Dre_00
2:17p, 5/15/23
Super weird that they've let it go this long especially if they have a "smoking gun" as they claim they do.
Mathguy64
2:39p, 5/15/23
The home crowd is booing them. I don't blame them. Down 2-0 and about to be sent down.
Dre_00
3:03p, 5/15/23
Liverpool gave them the City treatment. Gave them a glimmer of hope for 35 minutes and then killed it in 3 minutes.
jeffk
3:23p, 5/15/23
In reply to Dre_00
Haaland ain't got nothing on that Curtis Jones kid.
jeffk
3:28p, 5/15/23
King Power Stadium rocking to the Bobby Firmino song.
Mathguy64
3:36p, 5/15/23
Ref literally just mercy ruled LC.
Dre_00
3:44p, 5/15/23
It's absurd how good Allison is. Great shot stopper. Very comfortable on the ball and away from goal. Makes great split second decisions. So much of what Liverpool can do is only because he's their goalie.
jeffk
4:31p, 5/15/23
In reply to Dre_00
He was given the team's MVP earlier this week. Extremely deserving.

Edit to add that selling Coutinho and using those funds to add VVD and Alisson may have been the best piece of business in team history.
Furlock Bones
10:10a, 5/16/23
In reply to Dre_00
As many have said, the tv networks like it and thus the EPl likes it. Unfortunately it sets a miserable example especially in an era where we have a dearth of refs at all levels.
KCup17
10:42a, 5/16/23
Liverpool making CL is inevitable at this point.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 48 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings