General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,685 Views | 2562 Replies
jeffk
9:04p, 12/26/23
In reply to Ghost of Andrew Eaton
It was a good match. To decide after the fact that Arsenal played poorly because the grass was wet seems like a pretty big indictment on the quality of your team, but you do you.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
12:05a, 12/27/23
In reply to jeffk
Where did I blame the pitch on how Arsenal played?

The indictment is on Liverpool's thinking you needed to wet the pitch and it ended up costing you a player and three points.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
jeffk
7:22p, 12/27/23
Felt icky rooting for Everton today but I didn't have to endure it for too long.
Showstopper
9:56a, 12/28/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Oh noes! Wet grass!

I agree, pretty pathetic.

Quote:

'I really think the pitch was really tricky. It was like deep, muddy a little bit,' he explained to BT Sport after the game.

Quote:

'Surprisingly, the pitch was not good. I thought a football playing side would have a good pitch.

And sometimes the pitch is too dry:
Quote:

"The attitude was not right in the beginning and then we wanted to fight back but it wasn't easy any more.
"The pitch was dry, stuff like this, we played really in their cards most of the time.

Sometimes it snows (on your own pitch)
Quote:

"The situation was what everybody saw, when we were warming up it started snowing and the pitch was completely okay but then we went in and it was full of hail and wet snow when we came out, it was really difficult.

Sometimes you have cold little piggies
Quote:

In the second goal he just miss-hit the ball," he said. "There's no real reason, maybe he had cold feet. It sounds funny but could be."

Sometimes the wind blows
Quote:

"I know people don't like it when I say it, but the wind came from all different directions, the ball was in the air a lot."

jeffk
11:41a, 12/28/23
In reply to Showstopper
Nice work. Yes, Jurgen is indeed a whiner.
DeangeloVickers
10:30a, 12/31/23
Showstopper
12:18p, 12/31/23
In reply to DeangeloVickers
Pep's new signing. I'm sure in six month's time we will be wondering why our clubs didn't buy him. Then Pep will sell him for 50M, and six months after that the supporters of that club will be saying "why did we buy Pep's used up mouse for 50M?"
jeffk
6:59p, 1/9/24
Is Chelsea okay?
deadbq03
8:57a, 1/10/24
In reply to jeffk
Were they ever? Even under the Russkies they weren't "okay" albeit for entirely different reasons.
Furlock Bones
9:08a, 1/10/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Is Chelsea okay?
i hope not.
ChipFTAC01
3:57p, 1/10/24
Anybody know why Luke Ayling went kn loan to Boro? Seems like a strange move. His contract with Leeds is up in the summer.
deadbq03
9:07p, 1/10/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
Their front office sucks. Which is a shame because their fanbase deserves better.

I just have to add that as a preface to any discussion of Leeds.

But in this case, it looks like he's past his prime and isn't getting playing time anymore. So it can be a win-win to do this sort of thing… get some (or all) of his salary off the books and transition him out gracefully rather than just continuing to have him ride the pine.
jeffk
3:58p, 1/12/24
Burnley just got shafted. Watch the keeper on this goal.

Rudyjax
4:01p, 1/12/24
In reply to jeffk
I was reading the LotG and and butt to dick is a fair challenge.

jeffk
4:09p, 1/12/24
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

Pretty sure the LOTG says "hole to pole."
Aston94
4:09p, 1/12/24
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

Rule 69, obviously.
Forum Troll
7:30p, 1/15/24
Everton and NF might be getting hit with point deductions.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13048863/everton-and-nottingham-forest-charged-with-breaching-premier-league-profitability-and-sustainability-rules
Mathguy64
8:06p, 1/15/24
I would laugh my ass off if the PL popped EVE again in this season.

Then again what else can they do but punish Everton. Man Dhabi just cannot be allowed to cheat year after year and not be punished.
Showstopper
12:03p, 1/16/24
"We are going to punish Everton until they are in the National League. That will really teach City a lesson!"
Furlock Bones
12:16p, 1/16/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

I would laugh my ass off if the PL popped EVE again in this season.

Then again what else can they do but punish Everton. Man Dhabi just cannot be allowed to cheat year after year and not be punished.
Just like the NCAA any time they catch North Carolina egregiously breaking the rules, they have to hammer East Carolina to show they mean business.
DeangeloVickers
5:21a, 1/18/24
Out in Left Field
1:04p, 1/20/24
This jersey matchup
Forum Troll
8:29a, 1/27/24
Maidstone into the next FA cup round.
Rudyjax
8:39a, 1/30/24
Who you watching today?

Faustus
6:15p, 1/30/24
Luton highlights for sure.
E
11:51a, 1/31/24
In reply to Faustus
Faustus said:

Luton highlights for sure.
Probably the first time this has been said on this board
DeangeloVickers
7:30p, 2/1/24
OregonAggie
7:58p, 2/2/24
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

This is amazing hahahahaha
hoosierAG
10:35a, 2/3/24
Holy heck, this Newcastle/Luton match
E
10:40a, 2/3/24
In reply to hoosierAG
hoosierAG said:

Holy heck, this Newcastle/Luton match

C'mon Hatters!!
wangus12
12:17p, 2/3/24
I really want Luton to survive. They've become very entertaining to watch
jeffk
12:22p, 2/3/24
The Hatters gonna hat hat hat hat hat
Dre_00
2:16p, 2/3/24
So the team that literally plays their home games in people's backyards drew 4-4 with the team that is owned by a Middle East Kingdom? Did I get that right?
hoosierAG
3:21p, 2/3/24
Mbappe to join Real Madrid.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/39451576/kylian-mbappe-join-real-madrid-psg-summer
Furlock Bones
7:05p, 2/3/24
In reply to hoosierAG
Until Fabrizio Ramono reports it, I won't believe it.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 65 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings