General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,253 Views | 2557 Replies
texagbeliever
8:05a, 8/16/22
Liverpool and ManU will be looking to snap out of their funk on Monday. Liverpool has a favorable matchup against the bottom of the league opponent. ManU faces a winless squad that is struggling with key missing pieces. Since they are playing each other one of them will be getting a favorable result!

I'd wager a Salah brace and 3-1 win for Liverpool.
jeffk
8:15a, 8/16/22
In reply to texagbeliever
Yeah, taking two points from two games against teams who will likely not finish in the top six was the perfect start to our rope-a-dope Man City plan.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
8:20a, 8/16/22
texagbeliever said:

Liverpool and ManU will be looking to snap out of their funk on Monday. Liverpool has a favorable matchup against the bottom of the league opponent. ManU faces a winless squad that is struggling with key missing pieces. Since they are playing each other one of them will be getting a favorable result!

I'd wager a Salah brace and 3-1 win for Liverpool.
You have lots of faith in ManU scoring.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
jeffk
8:21a, 8/16/22
In reply to Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Lately, LFC has been unbelievable great at dominating possession, pelting the opposing keeper with shots, yet somehow still being down 1-0 30' into the match.
wangus12
8:30a, 8/16/22
In reply to jeffk
You're just lulling them into complacency. The bigger question is how many reds does Nunez get because he gets angry at every little thing
jeffk
8:30a, 8/16/22
In reply to wangus12
They're trying to drive me insane and it's working.
KCup17
8:58a, 8/16/22
I'm hoping for a tie on Monday. That would really rustle some feathers.
Rudyjax
9:14a, 8/16/22
I'm a long term Leeds United fan.

My fandom goes all the way back to June of 2022.

4 points in 2 games, same as Chelsea and Tottenham.

Way better than Liverpool, and WAY better than Man U.

jeffk
9:26a, 8/16/22
In reply to KCup17
KCup17 said:

I'm hoping for a tie on Monday. That would really rustle some feathers.

I'm expecting it at this point.
deadbq03
1:07p, 8/16/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Ken Scarborough said:

I'm a long term Leeds United fan.

My fandom goes all the way back to June of 2022.

4 points in 2 games, same as Chelsea and Tottenham.

Way better than Liverpool, and WAY better than Man U.

I'm not quite there with you but I'm getting close.

I'm not only intrigued by Leeds due to the Americans there, but I'm also very surprised by the high volume of comments from Leeds fans on social media where they are welcoming new US fans with open arms. I suppose when you're not Big 6 you might take what you can get, but they seem to have a fanbase that is both extremely rabid, yet don't act like exclusive *****s to newcomers. It's a rare thing, if true.
Dre_00
3:47a, 8/17/22
In reply to Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I'll have you know that Own Goal is a scoring machine. I expect him to strike on Monday once Liverpool have taken their 4-0 lead.
jeffk
8:01a, 8/17/22
tysker
8:16a, 8/17/22
In reply to jeffk
Quote:

1427. Insurance Management Bears FC
I'm only the only guy that hates those over-30 teams which rely on one really good mid-20 something?
jeffk
8:41a, 8/17/22
In reply to tysker
I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.
Mustang1
2:03p, 8/17/22
Juicy flight offer from Houston to Manchester:

Furlock Bones
9:46a, 8/18/22
Whoa sounds like Leicester are screwed.

deadbq03
11:11a, 8/19/22
Aston94
1:54p, 8/19/22
I love Jesse Marsch, absolutely love him.

Mathguy64
1:57p, 8/19/22
That's a shot to E-2 and he hit and sunk a battleship. To Tuchel and the FA. Good for him.
Mathguy64
2:06p, 8/19/22
By the way, the FA handed out the actual punishments.

Tuchel got a 35000 fine and a 1 game touchline ban. Conte got a 15000 fine and no ban. They are both appealing and the penalties are suspended pending the appeal.

They are getting off light.
gougler08
2:39p, 8/19/22
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

By the way, the FA handed out the actual punishments.

Tuchel got a 35000 fine and a 1 game touchline ban. Conte got a 15000 fine and no ban. They are both appealing and the penalties are suspended pending the appeal.

They are getting off light.

Didn't conte get a red card? Why no ban at least before appeal?
Mathguy64
3:05p, 8/19/22
It's not required for staff.

I would have given Tuchel a 3 game stadium ban and Conte a 1 game stadium ban. Tuchel should have seen a second yellow for running through the opposing technical area on the 2nd goal. And then the red for VC on the handshake. Conte a second yellow for his part.
Teacher_Ag
6:38p, 8/19/22
Probably a fair ruling but anyone would lose their **** a little witnessing blatant cheating. Spuds gifted an undeserved point (again) and Chelsea lost two, and it's on the officials. Multiple of them should be looking for a new job.
DeangeloVickers
6:56p, 8/19/22

Gosh I love Arsenals love for us
gougler08
9:15p, 8/19/22
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

You guys are pretty uppity after beating a **** team and getting a draw against the run of play
DeangeloVickers
9:20p, 8/19/22
In reply to gougler08
gougler08 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

You guys are pretty uppity after beating a **** team and getting a draw against the run of play
It's the Champions League money.
Conte
And Harry Kane
Teacher_Ag
8:01a, 8/20/22
texagbeliever
9:02a, 8/20/22
Why is Aston Villa wearing a man city kit? How hard is it to stick to a teams colors.

Has been a fun game. Neither team has a midfield providing any defensive resistance
ptothemo
9:14a, 8/20/22
Light blue is an Aston Villa color and has been for a long time.
jeffk
9:17a, 8/20/22
texagbeliever said:

Why is Aston Villa wearing a man city kit? How hard is it to stick to a teams colors.

Has been a fun game. Neither team has a midfield providing any defensive resistance

It's funny because City has a red and black kit this year.
Hey...so.. um
9:21a, 8/20/22
Teacher is more obsessed with spurs than anyone in F16 is with Trump. It is sad really.
jeffk
9:24a, 8/20/22
I will say that Kane picking up a yellow for ahithousery seconds after setting a scoring record was just perfection.
DeangeloVickers
9:32a, 8/20/22
Fulham 2-0 on Brentford
wangus12
9:53a, 8/20/22
In reply to DeangeloVickers
Fulham may actually stay up for once and not yo-yo. If that happens and Norwich gets promoted, we will know that the apocalypse is nigh
gougler08
9:53a, 8/20/22
Fulham playing way better than expected so far this season
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 7 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE