General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
163,202 Views | 2611 Replies
DeangeloVickers
11:56a, 8/26/22
In reply to Dre_00
To Dre_00:
Stubborn group.
4 separate national pundits state he should've got a 2nd yellow, but again you know more

Spuds fan says it. He's a moron
Pundits say it...they have to say something they do t even believe what they say.

Hell, you didnt even listen to em and still say they are wrong

Quote:

Tottenham vs Nottingham Forest will have all the neutrals cheering for Nottingham Forest. If for no other reason than out of spite of having to read a multiple page debate on time wasting second yellows. (USA)
well done
Dre_00
12:04p, 8/26/22
In reply to DeangeloVickers
I didn't say they were wrong. I said if they said "X" then they're wrong. Unless you're indirectly confirming that they did say X by saying that under my terms, I would dismiss them as wrong.

But by all means, keep banging the national pundit drum like it matters and every topic they discuss is meant to be a dissection of fact and law while being completely devoid of personal opinion. Do you know how many national pundits there are? Do you actually think they are all meant to inform with fact? My god man, where have you been the last 30 years?
KCup17
12:19p, 8/26/22
This thread has really delivered.
Should we impose an Encanto rule and not talk about Bruno? He seems to be very divisive.
PatAg
12:57p, 8/26/22
DeangeloVickers said:

I'd pay money to see you call Tim Howard a moron

Look we get it...it's the 2nd yellow...we see it every week...the ref doesn't get it out of his pocket...if it would've been his 1st yellow do we see a yellow....I say absolutely.

But IS the argument. It should've been a 2nd yellow. A 1st yellow and a 2nd yellow SHOULD be the same. SHOULD. We are all tired of Bruno. He single handedly gives Americans fuel for hating soccer.

But some of you are blaming Salah...which is even crazier. Bruno the ***** has the ball. You think he's gonna hurry or even have any semblance of dignity.

Yeah right. Salah knows better, I know better, Thunder doesn't seem to know better...but he does seem to have a stopwatch on how fast kickoffs will take...and I'm ready to give him that hill. He is the expert on that.

Salah is the one that is causing the interaction to happen. There is no rule that the opposing team gets to run the ball to center spot because they are losing. If anyone should get a yellow it's him
wangus12
1:10p, 8/26/22
In reply to KCup17
KCup17 said:

This thread has really delivered.
Should we impose an Encanto rule and not talk about Bruno? He seems to be very divisive.
jeffk
1:31p, 8/26/22
I would never advise using pundits as proof of the soundness of your argument.

I'm an LFC fan and agree that Bruno is incredibly annoying, but by the letter of the law he shouldn't get a card here. Had Mo backed off immediately and made it so the only person delaying the restart was Bruno, then sure, but that's not what happened.
Rudyjax
1:36p, 8/26/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

I would never advise using pundits as proof of the soundness of your argument.

The wisest words written on this thread.

Many of them aren't even aware of law changes from when they played.

And if anyone should've gotten a card, it was Salah for delaying the restart.
carl spacklers hat
1:48p, 8/26/22
Well it only took 12 pages but I'm glad to see the s__t-housery has finally started.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jeffk
1:50p, 8/26/22
In reply to carl spacklers hat
We had some earlier but then everyone started apologizing like a bunch of Canucks.
AggieRob93
2:31p, 8/26/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

We had some earlier but then everyone started apologizing like a bunch of Canucks.
Yeah, feck the Canucks. And the spuds.
texagbeliever
11:32a, 8/27/22
BHA has only allowed 1 goal. Scored just 5. Sits 2nd with 10 points. Could be a dark horse for a Euorpa League spot.
OregonAggie
12:46p, 8/27/22
Damn this Fulham team isn't playing around this year. Don't think they're getting relegated again.
wangus12
3:59p, 8/27/22
I don't think they're gonna go down either. They seem to have a good tactical set up. I thought Jedi did a great job shutting down Saka. Ream was good as well
Dre_00
10:01a, 8/28/22
Aston94
12:10p, 8/28/22
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

Damn! That is awesome!

Those Newcastle kits are terrible!
jeffk
12:14p, 8/28/22
In reply to Aston94
The Saudi royalty seem to love them.
Aston94
12:22p, 8/28/22
In reply to jeffk
Very green and white…
Mathguy64
12:38p, 8/28/22
Ladies and gentlemen this is what happens to you when you act like an idiot in a professional match.

https://streamja.com/nz22e
ElCheAg
12:57p, 8/28/22
In reply to Dre_00
That was awesome.

Anyone know what "injury" kept Bruno Guimaraes out of today's game?
DeangeloVickers
1:03p, 8/28/22
In reply to ElCheAg
ElCheAg said:

That was awesome.

Anyone know what "injury" kept Bruno Guimaraes out of today's game?
Injury
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eddie-howe-issues-bruno-guimaraes-24876528
ElCheAg
1:06p, 8/28/22
Thanks.
joemeister
1:06p, 8/28/22
In reply to Mathguy64
Nice to see Richarlson hasn't changed. Also nice to see Nico give him a taste of the "people's elbow."
KCup17
11:16a, 8/29/22
Richarlison has upped Tottenham's housery level by 5 since his introduction to the squad.

Also ASM has the goal of the season so far. That was amazing.
BookNerd
12:49p, 8/29/22
Oh my goodness, he juggled for 2 seconds...the worst thing Ive seen on the pitch

What a ****

Sure glad he didn't head butt like Darwin, kill someone like a Chelsea defender....heck, maybe he can get some oil, slaves, kill some gays and own a club like City or Newcastle

Down with jugglers!
TXAggie2011
12:54p, 8/29/22
In reply to BookNerd
DeangeloVickers
12:57p, 8/29/22
The Seinfeld rooting for laundry comes into play with someone like Richarlison
Richarlison is a ****, but he's our **** COYS
jeffk
1:10p, 8/29/22
A few minutes earlier Richarlison took a heel to the groin, continued play for several seconds until the ball was out of bounds, then rolled around on the ground for several minutes wasting time.

He's a footballing Rorschach test.
KCup17
1:20p, 8/29/22
In reply to jeffk
Best part about the whole thing is that after he juggled it he immediately gave the ball away.
Hey...so.. um
6:29p, 8/29/22
In reply to KCup17
The best part is we still won and all yall can do is ***** on a message board.
texagbeliever
6:48p, 8/29/22
In reply to Hey...so.. um
Hey...so.. um said:

Yeah how dare we have the gall to make fun of a player being a dumb showboat who is then immediately clattered and clobbered. Sorry a message board thread with the purpose of making fun of stupidity and trash talk isn't a safe space for a Spud.
Hey...so.. um
6:56p, 8/29/22
In reply to texagbeliever
texagbeliever said:

Hey...so.. um said:

Yeah how dare we have the gall to make fun of a player being a dumb showboat who is then immediately clattered and clobbered. Sorry a message board thread with the purpose of making fun of stupidity and trash talk isn't a safe space for a Spud.

Yall are all soft. I bet yall are favor of the taunting rule in the NFL too. He is in yalls head bad. RDS. You got it.

BTW, I love the trash talk. Exposes yall for the hypocrites you are. If he was on yalls team you wouldn't care.
jeffk
6:59p, 8/29/22
We need an Everton fan to confirm this Richarlison theory.
texagbeliever
7:03p, 8/29/22
Hey...so.. um said:

texagbeliever said:

Hey...so.. um said:

Yall are all soft. I bet yall are favor of the taunting rule in the NFL too. He is in yalls head bad. RDS. You got it.

BTW, I love the trash talk. Exposes yall for the hypocrites you are. If he was on yalls team you wouldn't care.
Well yeah if he was on Arsenal I wouldn't care. Mainly because he wouldn't be good enough to get on the field outside of the caribou cup. City & Liverpool fans would be in the same boat. Man U has Bruno so Richarlson would probably raise the class on their team.
jeffk
7:04p, 8/29/22
Hey...so.. um said:

The more enjoyable flip side of this is just gloating on a message board. So I guess I agree. But without this we really don't have anything to do, so…
Thunder18
7:27p, 8/29/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

We need an Everton fan to confirm this Richarlison theory.

There aren't any
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 14 of 75
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off