* Liverpool 2023-2024 Thread *
69,716 Views | 1495 Replies
Unemployed
3:22p, 1/26/24
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

YNWA.2013 said:

Klopp is saying that he may never manage again and he will certainly never manage another team in England. I hope we offer him some role now or in the future, whenever he wants it. I'd make him Sporting Director.

I hope FSG don't drop the ball in the next months as we transition to the next era. Klopp has transformed the club and I really hope we don't go back to the Hodgson, Rodgers days.

I bet we definitely sell Salah in the summer now, hopefully for 150M+ GBP. And we use that money for a new CB, LB, and ST.

As much as I love Klopp and as much as this guts me, I think we hire a great coach and keep him out of it. I think him sticking on board in some way will make it harder on the next guy.

I think he needs a break and I can't wait to see him coaching Germany in the near future!
He can live a normal life by coaching the USMNT.
AG@RICE
3:47p, 1/26/24
A big part of me wishes they would just promote Pep and forgo a manager search.

If you watch his press conferences you can tell he has a brilliant football brain. He has been at the heart of most of Liverpool's tactical decisions over the last year of this rebuild and Klopp trusts him more than any other coach. The real question is whether or not he can manage a dressing room, but I think he has the respect of this current squad and especially the rising stars. Normally, I'd be opposed to hanging onto the past, but the team is building something special and Pep might be able to keep it going. Give the man a 3 year contract and see what happens. You might miss out on Xabi, but there is no guarantee there and I'm not really thrilled about any other alternatives.

jeffk
4:02p, 1/26/24
In reply to Unemployed
Unemployed said:

OregonAggie said:

YNWA.2013 said:

Klopp is saying that he may never manage again and he will certainly never manage another team in England. I hope we offer him some role now or in the future, whenever he wants it. I'd make him Sporting Director.

I hope FSG don't drop the ball in the next months as we transition to the next era. Klopp has transformed the club and I really hope we don't go back to the Hodgson, Rodgers days.

I bet we definitely sell Salah in the summer now, hopefully for 150M+ GBP. And we use that money for a new CB, LB, and ST.

As much as I love Klopp and as much as this guts me, I think we hire a great coach and keep him out of it. I think him sticking on board in some way will make it harder on the next guy.

I think he needs a break and I can't wait to see him coaching Germany in the near future!

LOL. He absolutely cannot do those two things at once.
Dre_00
4:28p, 1/26/24
In reply to jeffk
It would take one draw with Jamaica for everyone to start spelling it Klopppp
jeffk
4:45p, 1/26/24
In reply to Dre_00
He would catch a lifetime ban for throttling an official from The Barbados or somewhere.
ChipFTAC01
4:48p, 1/26/24
I think Pep will be a candidate, they just aren't locking him or the club into that at this point.
powerbelly
4:48p, 1/26/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Unemployed said:

OregonAggie said:

YNWA.2013 said:

LOL. He absolutely cannot do those two things at once.
I couldn't tell you the name of the current USMNT coach. Its a way more low profile gig.
jeffk
4:50p, 1/26/24
In reply to powerbelly
Lower profile? Absolutely.

More normal? No way in hell.
OregonAggie
4:59p, 1/26/24
In reply to Unemployed
Unemployed said:

OregonAggie said:

YNWA.2013 said:

MAKE THIS HAPPEN
YNWA.2013
7:56p, 1/26/24
From Men In Blazers:

"On the eve of lifting the coveted first title for Liverpool, I met with Klopp in his office, and asked him, a deeply religious man, if winning is, indeed, the most important thing. Jurgen did not have to wait a beat before telling me, "If life should be judged at the end, when we stand in front of the (heavenly) door, they ask, 'Did you win something or not?' That would be really strange. They should ask, 'Did you try everything to improve the place you have been, the house you have lived in, the mood, the love?' And I will say, 'Yes, I tried it everyday.'"
-FTA c/o 2013
Tx_Aggie15
10:32p, 1/26/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
Freaking incredible!!
RossG_2
11:13p, 1/26/24
Anybody else read the Klopp news this morning and immediately look at the date hoping today was April 1st? I did exactly that.
ChipFTAC01
7:39a, 1/28/24
Let's Go!
ChipFTAC01
7:40a, 1/28/24

jeffk
7:44a, 1/28/24
pkag02
8:38a, 1/28/24
ChipFTAC01
9:17a, 1/28/24
Seems like it's a super dead atmosphere. Not sure if it's cause it's Norwich or it's the ESPN game presentation with the crowd mic'd different.
ChipFTAC01
9:31a, 1/28/24
Winner of Watford/Southampton if we go through. At home. Watford is currently up 1-0
Out in Left Field
9:43a, 1/28/24
hoosierAG
10:15a, 1/28/24
Bradley has been excellent since seeing more pt

Jota doesn't miss….hardly

Great to see Robo, TAA and SZO back

Handball doesn't exist
AG@RICE
1:23p, 1/28/24
Nice to get that last goal while the crowd was singing for Jurgen.

Hopefully much more to come.
YNWA.2013
11:26p, 1/28/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ESPN's coverage of soccer has always sucked. That ESPN FC crew is awful to listen to. NBC does a far superior job, glad they have the rights to the PL and we only have to listen to them for a handful of games a year.
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
4:23p, 1/29/24
AG@RICE
7:30p, 1/29/24
In reply to jeffk
The reason you don't see the same wild celebrations these days is because of VAR.

Quote:

"I don't celebrate goals anymore, obviously, because we have to wait until somebody says it is a goal," he said at a news conference after the game.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37579795/celebrate-liverpool-goals-due-var

VAR is the worst.
jeffk
8:02p, 1/29/24
TXAggie2011
10:44p, 1/29/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

The EPL will certainly be less entertaining without him
FriedTex
11:17p, 1/29/24
The comeback against Barca
jeffk