*****Official USMNT vs. Mexico CONCACAF Nations League Finals Match Thread*****

7,745 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rudyjax
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8:15PM. Paramount +, Univision,

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2024/03/concacaf-nations-league-final-usmnt-vs-mexico-match-history-preview-five-things-to-know

Rumors that Gio and Tyler will start.

Are you switching Aggie bball for this?
Rudyjax
AG
This is the most likely lineup based on multiple sources.

tysker
AG
Look at that lineup reminds me how shallow the player pool still is
wangus12
AG
Wife and I will be there
KCup17
AG
I expect it to be a very open game. Get Gio on the ball as much as possible and we will probably do some scoring before the 97th minute.
deadbq03
AG
tysker said:

Partly. I'd say it's only really bad at LB and CB.

Not saying they're right, but plenty of folks on X think we should be rolling with Cardoso instead of Adams, Haji instead of Weah (and flip sides with CP), and Pepi for Balogun. And others want a classic MMA with Musah in for Gio - so that means we have 4 guys on the bench who many people think could/should be starting over this 11. That's a definite improvement over the past.

And I still think Aaronson, Tillman and Scally are quality depth.

With Father Time finally catching up to Ream, I'd argue that CB lacks not only depth but also overall quality… and we desperately need a quality backup for Jedi (or another backup for Dest since Dest plays more on the left now for his club so he's clearly capable of moving over)
jeffk
AG
3-1 America
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Dos a cero again!!!
tysker
AG
Who in the next 5-6 players can change the game when needed? Just like game vs. Jamaica, after Gio, who comes in to break down a team parking the bus?
Pahdz
Since when is Jedi "really bad?"
wangus12
AG
I agree. Jedi has been one of the better LBs in the PL this year and there are rumors of a few of the big teams looking at signing him
Rudyjax
AG
Who said Jedi was really bad?
Aston94
AG
Pahdz said:

I don't think he is saying Jedi is really bad, but the depth behind him is.
PatAg
AG
Will have to watch this after our tourney game.
PatAg
AG
deadbq03 said:

tysker said:

Not saying they're right, but plenty of folks on X think we should be rolling with Cardoso instead of Adams, Haji instead of Weah (and flip sides with CP), and Pepi for Balogun. And others want a classic MMA with Musah in for Gio - so that means we have 4 guys on the bench who many people think could/should be starting over this 11. That's a definite improvement over the past.

With Father Time finally catching up to Ream, I'd argue that CB lacks not only depth but also overall quality… and we desperately need a quality backup for Jedi (or another backup for Dest since Dest plays more on the left now for his club so he's clearly capable of moving over)
Haji is not a winger
Rudyjax
AG
Quick. My Pulisic white jersey is in the laundry. Should I put on my womens road?
Pahdz
Aston94 said:

Pahdz said:

I don't think he is saying Jedi is really bad, but the depth behind him is.

Yep I see that now. He's definitely right there. LB has been bad for as long as I've been watching the MNT
deadbq03
AG
PatAg said:

deadbq03 said:

tysker said:

Haji is not a winger
I'm just reporting what I see on the twitters, I honestly have no idea.

That said, just because an attacker plays on the left, it doesn't mean he has to be a winger.
deadbq03
AG
Rudyjax said:

Who said Jedi was really bad?
Thank you.
Mathguy64
AG
PatAg said:

Will have to watch this after our tourney game.

Start with the tourney game and depending on how things are going, swap over at the kickoff.
TRM
AG
Aston94
AG
Haji has earned the start for sure.

Surprised Ream starting.
SydB92
AG
Back for more…..

Rudyjax
AG
Ready for tonight!

34blast
I am on the minority, but I really like the way things played out after the Trinidad Tobogo disaster. We have a lot of young exciting players that are easy to root for. I think that we have quality depth and good players across the board, but I have only been watching for like 35 years.

We don't have the dominant single player but are not hamstrung by several poor players as part of the 11 as with many seasons.l and previous teams.

Really excited for the game, we might lose a nail biter but will be fun.
wangus12
AG
CP needed to Bury that
Pahdz
Good save by Memo though CP had no chance
Aston94
AG
Was a good save. He got off a good shot.
Pahdz
Aston94 said:

Surprised Ream starting.

Why? He is the best CB the US has at the moment. Not the future, but certainly our best right now.
Rudyjax
AG
American Mexican fans throwing beer at Pulsic.

Such garbage.
Aston94
AG
Pahdz said:

Aston94 said:

Surprised Ream starting.

Why? He is the best CB the US has at the moment. Not the future, but certainly our best right now.

He hasn't been playing for Fulham as of late, Miles Robinson started against Jamaica and assumed he would again. I love Ream, but if you can't get starts for guys who could be a part of the WC roster in an off year Nations League final then when can you?
deadbq03
AG
Yeah I was surprised too. I love Ream but Father Time is catching up.
Pahdz
Fair points. I think I always rate aging CB's who have high soccer IQ and understand angles and all to make up for declining foot speed.
deadbq03
AG
This feed is killing me. I'm watching from a browser which is normally fool-proof for these Paramount turds, but I've had to refresh 3 times already.
wangus12
AG
Silly turnovers in the midfield have given Mexico a few good chances. Have to be more aware

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.