************* Houston Rockets 23-24 Season thread ****************
56,181 Views | 641 Replies
Aggie09Derek
9:43p, 1/31/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Needs to sign with the Texans this offseason
Aggie09Derek
9:44p, 1/31/24
Anyone have the black Rockets shirt Ime and whole staff wear?
Guitarsoup
12:09p, 2/1/24
In reply to Aggie09Derek
Aggie09Derek said:

If he can have 80 catches for 1200 yards and 13 TDs with Baker Mayfield, he should have 150 for 2500 and 25 TDs with CJ.
3B Paul 97
2:25p, 2/1/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Aggie09Derek said:

If he can have 80 catches for 1200 yards and 13 TDs with Baker Mayfield, he should have 150 for 2500 and 25 TDs with CJ.

Are you projecting him for only half a season?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
6:14p, 2/1/24
Rockets get Steven Adam's
Iowaggie
6:21p, 2/1/24
RebAg13
6:23p, 2/1/24
I like that they aren't pushing all the chips in for upgrades this season.
Guitarsoup
6:53p, 2/1/24
In reply to Iowaggie
Iowaggie said:

Solid acquisition to back up Boban.
shano0603
7:20p, 2/1/24
In reply to Iowaggie
Iowaggie said:

I wonder if they are planning to trade someone, or have him play 28 minutes when Jabari or Sengun are on the bench, or Jabari plays a little of the 3 position
superaggie73
7:42p, 2/1/24
In reply to shano0603
shano0603 said:

Iowaggie said:

I wonder if they are planning to trade someone, or have him play 28 minutes when Jabari or Sengun are on the bench, or Jabari plays a little of the 3 position

Jeff Green won't be here next year. He's essentially taking his role as backup center…just a more traditional backup center now instead of a smaller guy.
Guitarsoup
7:44p, 2/1/24
In reply to shano0603
shano0603 said:

Iowaggie said:

He's probably a 25mpg guy next year and if Sengun stays as a 33mpg guy, that is 58mpg for center, but giving each guy rest days, that probably works out about right. I would assume they get limited time together and you have Brooks, Eason, Jabari, Cam rotating at 3/4.
Iowaggie
8:53p, 2/1/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Iowaggie said:

Boban and Adams are 2 guys who have hit 3 Southwest division teams.
I wonder how many other guys there are. Ish Smith probably.
mAgnoliAg
9:59p, 2/1/24
39% FT shooter
Guitarsoup
7:42a, 2/2/24
In reply to Iowaggie
Iowaggie said:

Guitarsoup said:

Iowaggie said:

Boban and Adams are 2 guys who have hit 3 Southwest division teams.
I wonder how many other guys there are. Ish Smith probably.

OKC is in the Northwest Division.

Avery Johnson, Mark Bryant, Kevin Willis, and Boban are the only four players to play for the three Texas teams. Not sure who else would be included if you extended it to the Pellies and Grizz. Chris Paul will probably do it at some point.
Iowaggie
1:33p, 2/2/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Yes, OKC is in Northwest Division, but Adams has now been with the Pelicans, Grizzlies, and Rockets.
SeanDaAg2005
8:56p, 2/2/24
Whitmore is a bit of a ball hog but he's so fun to watch
AG@RICE
9:13p, 2/2/24
Boban getting garbage time minutes and Landale glued to the bench. I wonder if there is a trade brewing.
shano0603
6:28p, 2/3/24
In reply to AG@RICE
AG@RICE said:

Boban getting garbage time minutes and Landale glued to the bench. I wonder if there is a trade brewing.

I would be ecstatic if we got him off our books.
Guitarsoup
11:19p, 2/3/24
In reply to shano0603
shano0603 said:

AG@RICE said:

I would be ecstatic if we got him off our books.
Jock's contract is unguaranteed after this season, so he won't hurt at all even if he isn't traded.
AG@RICE
12:27p, 2/5/24
Jock got some run last night so that pokes holes in my theory. Apparently he had a small injury keeping him on the bench in the prior game.

I think we might be stuck with this squad for the remainder of the season unless some GM gets really horny for Tate and his 29% 3pt field goal percentage.
WES2006AG
1:48p, 2/5/24
Being reported that we were ready to include Jalen in a package for Mikhail Bridges. That may have been before Ime lit a fire under Jalen that has led to some improvement recently.
Guitarsoup
1:54p, 2/5/24
In reply to WES2006AG
WES2006AG said:

Being reported that we were ready to include Jalen in a package for Mikhail Bridges. That may have been before Ime lit a fire under Jalen that has led to some improvement recently.
How many firsts? Hearing that Brooklyn wants like 5 first for him.
CFTXAG10
2:08p, 2/5/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

WES2006AG said:

I think Bridges is a good player, but imo he's not worth what Brooklyn is asking
Guitarsoup
2:14p, 2/5/24
In reply to CFTXAG10
CFTXAG10 said:

Guitarsoup said:

WES2006AG said:

I think Bridges is a good player, but imo he's not worth what Brooklyn is asking
Yeah, I don't think he is a #1 player on a championship team. He's a great piece to build with and I think he would fit well on the Rockets. New Orleans is apparently pushing for him as well.
AG@RICE
8:13a, 2/6/24
FVV out with a shoulder injury, no timetable for return. My guess it will be at least 2 weeks.

I like Amen but he can't shoot. Opposing teams will just pack the paint against us. FVV wasn't the most efficient shooter, but at least he had some street cred to keep the defense semi-honest. I think this is where the season falls apart...
Ags #1
6:42p, 2/6/24
Wow!!!! That ally opp to green will be top 10.
WES2006AG
8:18p, 2/6/24
Rockets have made this a game and Jalen is cooking here in the 4th.
Guitarsoup
8:35p, 2/6/24
Should be ROY.

Guitarsoup
8:35p, 2/6/24
Guitarsoup
8:54a, 2/7/24
According to Lowe, Rockets offering Brooklyn their picks back in exchange for Bridges.

Brooklyn not ready to blow it up, but they should do it.

AG@RICE
9:21p, 2/9/24
Jalen has grabbed a total of 15 rebounds in the last 5 games.

It's safe to say he did not turn a corner.

His inconsistency and lack of growth is maddening.
Johnsy3
8:57p, 2/12/24
Down for the count with Covid and I have the time to watch my first rockets game in a while

1. Watching the Aggies so much, it's hard to see my team get out-rebounded and out-hustled
2. There's too many knicks fans at this game. Audible cheers on the TV when they score and MVP chants for Brunson
The D
9:37p, 2/12/24
What an ending !
WES2006AG
9:37p, 2/12/24
That's one way to get a W
CFTXAG10
9:47p, 2/12/24
Definitely a foul. Thibbs and Brunson tears for night cap, delicious!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 13 of 19
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings