Tiger dumps Foley!

9,069 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HouAggie
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tiger is awesome. Get well Tiger!

[This message has been edited by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB (edited 8/26/2014 2:21p).]
HouAggie
AG
I'm sure in your opinion the guy doesn't have a conscience. So why do you think he cares about any of that s**t?
Unemployed
AG
nm

[This message has been edited by RealTalk (edited 8/25/2014 3:54p).]
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

[This message has been edited by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB (edited 8/26/2014 2:21p).]
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wonder how long it would take for this guy to get on here and speak out of both sides of his mouth, a la Bob Stoops.
Chipotlemonger
AG
we made it to page 2 before someone brought up the affairs of Tiger off the course. A miracle!!!
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

[This message has been edited by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB (edited 8/26/2014 2:22p).]
Unemployed
AG
nm

God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

[This message has been edited by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB (edited 8/26/2014 2:22p).]
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

jonj101
Oooorr, it could be for the reasons mentioned earlier on here - because hes getting older and has put his body under years of punishment that most golfers haven't.

Get over the infidelity issue. As mentioned before, if that was such a big deal, he wouldn't have won 5 times in 2013. For all we know he is back to screwing around. For sensitive morons who put athletes on pedestals, this may be devastating. But for someone like me who only looks at the sport being played and does not get attached to the persona, this whole "he cant win because hes been exposed as a pervert" is stupid.
antman8504
AG
Every time we talk about Tiger and GOLF, GFF brings up stuff that happened 5 years ago. GET OVER IT DUDE. He cheated on his wife and there were consequences. Did he bang your wife?

I agree that GOD family and friends is a worse troll then tomme.

[This message has been edited by antman8504 (edited 8/25/2014 3:28p).]
aggiedent
AG
It's hysterical that the subject can generate such intense feelings either way.
antman8504
98Ag99Grad
AG
Back on topic. He should call Chuck Cook, who currently works with Keegan, Duf, and luke Donald. Simple approach to the game and those 3 guys seem pretty chill. I think they could handle Tiger coming on board.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I'll be watching to see if he can replicate 2013 again. I would even enjoy it because I think the mindset overall on the tour now is different and it will be unbelievable theatre if he can do it with some of the hotshots now.

I just think with a body getting older and lack of intimidation, his two most valuable weapons are gone. He has had consistent nagging injuries sprinkled in with his major ones, that is a huge concern.

I don't even consider his life off the course, he never had a problem tuning out that crap.
jonj101
Its a long shot/low probability, but maybe he should just go at it without an instructor.

I mean, he's Tiger Woods. Go out, hit shots, shape shots, work out the driver, eliminate misses to one side, etc.

As one of the best (if not the best) player in history, Im pretty sure he can determine effective shot making without a little voice telling him the mechanics and saying, "do this, do that."
Unemployed
AG
nm

DannyDuberstein
AG
Tiger doesn't have anything wrong that a Medicus driver and an Inside Approach couldn't fix.

Seriously though, I do think it's a ****storm of (1) a guy that has always and will always be a "tinkerer", (2) finding himself in a rut - likely due to tinkering and injury, and (3) completely losing confidence off the tee. #1 and #3 become a death spiral. And from where I sit, Foley only served to exacerbate #1 vs. solve issues.

[This message has been edited by DannyDuberstein (edited 8/25/2014 4:07p).]
CapCity12thMan
AG
There is no upside for Harmon to coach Woods again.

He coached him to 8 majors in how many years? Keep that on the resume and move on. Tiger seems to be a train wreck right now, so why would Harmon want to speculate on that horse? He will gain more from people flocking to him thinking they will turn into tiger than tiger coming to him, padding his ego.
Unemployed
AG
Tiger should hire Brandel Chamblee as his swing coach.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

HouAggie
AG
I'm not offended, but I think it's all physical. Now, the physical issues might have caused a lack in confidence in his golf game, but nothing about his infidelity or marriage has affected his decline in any way.
wad86
I think Chris Como is a good fit for tiger. Might not be as big a name but the guy is good
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

DannyDuberstein
AG
I'll go on record that I don't really give a **** what happens to him, good or bad.

I also cannot say what impact his marital issues had on his game. All I can say is they wouldn't be the only reason he isn't winning as much, but they could be one reason. Superman got gutted in a lot of ways in that timeframe - YE Yang, his wife, his injuries, and his swing flaws. He spent a decade looking invincible in every way, and it all turned on him pretty quickly.

[This message has been edited by DannyDuberstein (edited 8/25/2014 5:37p).]
LeFraud
It's really simple

Tiger struggled to win tournaments because of injuries and the infedilty, it took him 3 years to overcome that.

Tiger can't win majors because of YE Yang, he took his mojo. Tiger use to enter majors knowing everyone else was playing for 2nd. Now he enters majors with the mind sight and pressure of someone like Sergio.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Tiger is not winning because of chipping and putting. Period.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB

[This message has been edited by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB (edited 8/26/2014 2:23p).]
Chipotlemonger
AG
Maybe you should do more research before you go on another Holier than Thou post rant GOD, if you don't know what we're referring to.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Tiger is not winning because of chipping and putting. Period.

The balky putter is playing a role, but stone cold killer confidence helps in a clutch flatstick. And that level of confidence is gone. His wayward driver is so far off that it's become tougher to scramble his ass off. Especially when you consider it relative to a driver like Rory's.

[This message has been edited by DannyDuberstein (edited 8/25/2014 7:15p).]
jj9000
AG
Chipotle...I read your post in a Monte Python character voice...with someone actually scolding the man upstairs. It was funny in my head.

Oh, and I couldn't agree more.
dbtexasag05
You can't blame YE Yang, but you can blame tiger missing 8 putts inside of 10 feet that day.
BarryProfit
Again, he won 5 times last year and very likely wins at augusta without that bad break on 15.

And yeah he's getting older but guys like Phil and Furyk and Ernie are proving that doesn't really matter.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Been a while since I watched MP The Holy Grail, need to change that!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.