2024 Masters Tips
31,264 Views | 432 Replies
AgOutsideAustin
6:29p, 4/12/24
Rhinehart's

He chose……..wisely.
cab559
7:04p, 4/12/24
What time should I plan to arrive tomorrow?
'03ag
7:42p, 4/12/24
In reply to AgOutsideAustin
AgOutsideAustin said:

Rhinehart's

He chose……..wisely.
What's up with this place? I'm assuming August will be insane Sunday night? That's the only free time I'll have in Augusta
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
7:56p, 4/12/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

Just got in. Enjoying a yuengling at Rineharts. oysters delicious. Fried shrimp coming.

Place is legit
And I don't know where the 40k patrons go every day to eat but it's not there. Plenty of room, great food, cold beer and cocktail sauce is legit
lazuras_dc
8:15p, 4/12/24
Yep. Didn't have to wait for a table, friendly service, good food, met some fellow Texans. Great experience. I give a 4/10
CashinOut
8:20p, 4/12/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

Yep. Didn't have to wait for a table, friendly service, good food, met some fellow Texans. Great experience. I give a 4/10
Aggie Therapist
8:25p, 4/12/24
In reply to CashinOut
Where dem photos
E
8:31p, 4/12/24
In reply to Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Almost forgot! I met Greg Norman!

We saw Rory on 5 and watched him hit his approach. As the gallery was following him I saw a tall guy with a shark hat walking towards. My brother in law mumbled to me, "hey that's Greg Norman" , so as he got close I looked him in the eye and said , " hey Greg what's up bud!" Hey looks at me, shakes my hand and says, hey man nice to see you again and then keeps walking.

I think I met you as you were walking out, you mentioned this story to me. My brother and your brother in law live in same neighborhood?
E
8:34p, 4/12/24
Was able to go Wednesday and Thursday. Wed the pro shop was jam packed with long line all day. Thursday the line was stupid long at 11am when we got there but at 5:45 we literally walked right in with 0 line, everyone must have thought to go between when they opened gates at 9:30am and first tee time at 10:30.

On Thursday saw Josh Allen at 4 tee box and Nate Bargatze on the practice putting green next to driving range, he was talking with Finau.
Ag_07
8:40p, 4/12/24

lazuras_dc said:

Just got in. Enjoying a yuengling at Rineharts. oysters delicious. Fried shrimp coming.

Place is legit

And I don't know where the 40k patrons go every day to eat but it's not there. Plenty of room, great food, cold beer and cocktail sauce is legit

Can confirm all of the above

Also the hot honey fried shrimp and mahi bites were incredible.
cab559
8:56p, 4/12/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

Underrated
CashinOut
9:06p, 4/12/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

Where dem photos

On my phone. I keep getting a "failed to create reply" message when I post them
CashinOut
9:10p, 4/12/24
Trying just one
CashinOut
9:12p, 4/12/24
Appears that one at a time is my limit
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:40p, 4/12/24
In reply to E
E said:

Almost forgot! I met Greg Norman!

We saw Rory on 5 and watched him hit his approach. As the gallery was following him I saw a tall guy with a shark hat walking towards. My brother in law mumbled to me, "hey that's Greg Norman" , so as he got close I looked him in the eye and said , " hey Greg what's up bud!" Hey looks at me, shakes my hand and says, hey man nice to see you again and then keeps walking.

I think I met you as you were walking out, you mentioned this story to me. My brother and your brother in law live in same neighborhood?

Yes!
Tailgate88
9:48p, 4/12/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

CashinOut
9:58p, 4/12/24
Hands down my best pick up of the week. Augusta Hooters shirt and a John Daly autographed pack of Red 100s
lazuras_dc
11:48a, 4/13/24
Drove by Magnolia Ln.

JD1 at Hooters
Jock 07
4:15p, 4/13/24

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
5:31p, 4/13/24
My splurge was limited edition Oakleys

CN
5:39p, 4/13/24
Late to post about experience and I'm on mobile so I'll keep it short.

Got to south gate at 5:50 Friday morning and there were easily 100 people in line in front of us. Left through north gate and that was quite the trek. I couldn't imagine trying to speed walk from north gate to put down chairs.

Skipped merch and went straight to ropes for 16. Beat to 16 green by people who were on the ropes for amen corner I think so I only got second row. If I could do it over again, I'd have my daughter go get merch while I worked on putting down chairs.

Better selection at main shop. BBQ sandwich was good, pimento cheese was meh.

Daughter was standing 6 feet from Tiger on 16 as he was taking practice swings and she was totally star struck. Were in our chairs for Tiger's second time through 16 and he was 20 feet from us. Daughter got ball from Hovland. Dechambeau hit into our chairs on 16 while we were away. My daughter can be seen on the broadcast as Sheffler was leaving 9.

Rineharts was good and surprisingly not busy. Spoke to a guy who had been to masters before and he knew nothing of it.

The whole experience was awesome.
'03ag
5:47p, 4/13/24
I can't believe this is happening
lazuras_dc
6:24p, 4/13/24
In reply to CN
When you say beat to 16. How many people beat you ? How many available spaces were there for front row ?

I have a similar strategy tomorrow to you but for a diff area.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
7:46p, 4/13/24
In reply to '03ag
'03ag said:

I can't believe this is happening

$450 per what are these tix?

The lottery general admin was $100 per

'03ag
7:54p, 4/13/24
These are passes for the whole week
Aggie Therapist
7:56p, 4/13/24
These look like 4 day passes. Not day passes.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
8:47p, 4/13/24
In reply to '03ag
'03ag said:

These are passes for the whole week

How does one get these?
'03ag
8:52p, 4/13/24
They won a lottery in the 90s. Annual passes for life
Aggie Therapist
8:55p, 4/13/24
In reply to '03ag
'03ag said:

They won a lottery in the 90s. Annual passes for life

Well damn. I was 5 in 1995
CN
11:03a, 4/14/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

When you say beat to 16. How many people beat you ? How many available spaces were there for front row ?

I have a similar strategy tomorrow to you but for a diff area.

Sorry, I just now noticed this but for future reference for others, all the front rows were gone but we easily got second row. We had to go down steps from the 16 rope and the people from amen corner ropes were able to speed walk by while we were still on the steps. And that was with only 10 people in front of us at the ropes.

We actually wanted the 16 tee box but had gone the wrong way so we tried to hurry to the green instead.

Although I'm sure the walk through the north gate would've been cool for my first time, I don't regret going through the south to get our awesome spots at all. There was definitely a lot less walking to get to our spots.
lazuras_dc
7:19p, 4/14/24
Masters Sunday Trip Report

Holy Cow, I have to say being at ANGC on a Sunday was a once in a lifetime opportunity. It wasn't lost on me how special it was and how lucky I am, and how everyone I know probably hates me but I'm rooting for everyone to be able to experience it once.

We pulled in at 6am and North gate had about 300 people in front of us. They let us through before 7 and about a third of the people went for merch. (Side note: I handed a girl who looked cold, some hand warmers I brought and it turns out it was Spud Ag and his wife who happened to be in line next to us. We ended up seeing them multiple times through the day. I also popped in Booradley on 16 to say hi and thank him for all his Texags tips. )

When we all entered the course, rest of the folks who didn't go to merch and I went to the main rope. I was hoping for a mad dash to the 18 green to put my two camo chairs down to reserve a spot. Everyone else had the same idea. Multiple people got yelled out for running but we secured a spot four rows back on the left side of the green by the bunker.

From there we took a pic at founders circle with about a 10min wait.

We then hit up the seventh tee box to and saw there were some primo areas that were wide open. We bought two chairs and secured spots there. We spent the morning bouncing between 7 tee box and 6th green.

Gig Em Tiger

We hit up merch and spent about 20min waiting but got all the stuff I wanted and we shipped it all home.

Back at 7. We hung out until After the leaders came through. Then we spent the rest of the time catching Tiger finish 18 and followed the leaders around until they finished 14. Then we went to our seats on 18 to catch the end.

Biggest takeaways were 1.) how beautiful the course was and especially amen corner. 2.) how awesome all the patrons were- we had multiple convos with folks we sat by and everyone was so cool. 3.) Tiger in Sunday red at his 100th masters round was special to me. 4.) Scottie is a surgeon around these greens that are so much smaller and undulated than the TV could ever translate. He is an unstoppable force.

Food casualty count: 1 breakfast sandwich, 1 chicken biscuit, 2 pimento cheese , 1 egg salad, 1 bbq , 1 masters club , 1 Arnold Palmer, 1 crows nest beer.

Again, Overall score 4/10
spudag
8:51p, 4/14/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
It was great meeting you guys today, and seeing you around the course. I'll second everything you said about the course and the day. Absolutely incredible.

Oh, and thanks for the hand warmers!
Tailgate88
9:17p, 4/14/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
I love that 4/10 is the new 10/10, at least on the Golf board.
Poot
10:13p, 4/14/24
In reply to Tailgate88
Tailgate88 said:

I love that 4/10 is the new 10/10, at least on the Golf board.

Totally, 40% agree with you.
Matsui
7:59a, 4/15/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
This is awesome thanks for sharing
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 10 of 13
Verify your student status Register