31,399 Views | 432 Replies
Aggie Therapist
9:40p, 4/10/24
In reply to Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Bros being Bros
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:41p, 4/10/24
Almost forgot! I met Greg Norman!

We saw Rory on 5 and watched him hit his approach. As the gallery was following him I saw a tall guy with a shark hat walking towards. My brother in law mumbled to me, "hey that's Greg Norman" , so as he got close I looked him in the eye and said , " hey Greg what's up bud!" Hey looks at me, shakes my hand and says, hey man nice to see you again and then keeps walking.
DannyDuberstein
9:42p, 4/10/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

Agree with Ag_07 about the greens. They are much smaller in person I thought.

Yeah, the ones that really stood out to me the first time were 9 and 18. Basically intimidating tabletops that would be brutal to miss, which doesn't really come across on tv.
bagger05
11:24p, 4/10/24
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Almost forgot! I met Greg Norman!

We saw Rory on 5 and watched him hit his approach. As the gallery was following him I saw a tall guy with a shark hat walking towards. My brother in law mumbled to me, "hey that's Greg Norman" , so as he got close I looked him in the eye and said , " hey Greg what's up bud!" Hey looks at me, shakes my hand and says, hey man nice to see you again and then keeps walking.

For some reason this reminds me of the MLK story from Coming to America.

AgOutsideAustin
5:52a, 4/11/24
In reply to DannyDuberstein
DannyDuberstein said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Yeah, the ones that really stood out to me the first time were 9 and 18. Basically intimidating tabletops that would be brutal to miss, which doesn't really come across on tv.

Yes so many false fronts on the greens and the tv angles are high up so you don't see the undulations. #1 green is crazy what a tough way to start. Hole 6 blew me away and that back right shelf to hit is about the size of a pool table. Also all the blind tee shots surprised me. I think the only par 4 or 5 hole you can see the flag from the tee is #3. What a great short hole.

Being an old and back in the day only having the back nine televised it was awesome to get a better feel for the front nine.

Only celeb type I saw was Dan Orlovsky.
JCA1
6:01a, 4/11/24
In reply to AgOutsideAustin
AgOutsideAustin said:

DannyDuberstein said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Yes so many false fronts on the greens and the tv angles are high up so you don't see the undulations. #1 green is crazy what a tough way to start. Hole 6 blew me away and that back right shelf to hit is about the size of a pool table. Also all the blind tee shots surprised me. I think the only par 4 or 5 hole you can see the flag from the tee is #3. What a great short hole.

Being an old and back in the day only having the back nine televised it was awesome to get a better feel for the front nine.

Only celeb type I saw was Dan Orlovsky.

I can't believe ESPN let Orlovsky out of Bristol. Thought he was contractually obligated to be on TV 16 hours a day.
KC_Ag14
6:24a, 4/11/24
Truly magical day yesterday. Exceeded every expectation. Fortunate to share it with my dad, first time for both of us. Got a little misty walking out. Think the urge of wanting to go back might be worse than wanting to go at all. Wishing all of you who haven't good fortune in the coming years!
213 Grove
6:28a, 4/11/24
We went on Tuesday and just got back. Got in line at 5:15 and hit the merchandise first. Everything is so well run even the bathrooms. We had a blast. Also ran into the Dude Perfect guys doing an interview with Marty Smith near 12 and got a pic with them.

The course is spectacular. Some of those shots and greens are crazy to see in person. Seeing Tiger get to hit shots at Augusta was a dream come true.
lazuras_dc
7:50a, 4/11/24
In reply to 213 Grove
Pretty cool! contrary to some, I love DP - met them at the Former Student Tailgate in SC at the Kenny Trill game.

So you got in line at 515 and everyone just kinda stands there in the dark until they let you in at 7? Just trying to figure out what to expect.
Ag_07
7:56a, 4/11/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
Yep. Just stand in line and wait.

5:15 is pretty damn early though. We got to the south gate at 615 and were still in the first wave that got in.
213 Grove
8:06a, 4/11/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

Pretty cool! contrary to some, I love DP - met them at the Former Student Tailgate in SC at the Kenny Trill game.

So you got in line at 515 and everyone just kinda stands there in the dark until they let you in at 7? Just trying to figure out what to expect.

Yes you stand there till 7 and chat with other fans. We went in NorthGate and was about 40th in line and by 7 I couldn't see the end of the line.

Allowed us to get merch and ship it before lines got long. Shipping wait was an hour wait pretty quickly. We got it all done by time Tiger hit 1st tee
lazuras_dc
8:50a, 4/11/24
There's a secondary gate/rope as well that opens you to the actual course at 8am right? So if you don't hit up merch you can go straight to queue up to enter the grounds at 8?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
8:56a, 4/11/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

There's a secondary gate/rope as well that opens you to the actual course at 8am right? So if you don't hit up merch you can go straight to queue up to enter the grounds at 8?

We were let in at 7 and then I think they dropped the rope to the actual course around 7:29

We were back near 15-16 before 8am
LRB38
9:27a, 4/11/24
This probably my favorite one I got yesterday. Looking across the pond on the 9th on the par 3. It shows just how many people were there, but how well organized it was.

Had a blast and it truly is a tradition like any other. I can't think of anything to complain about there. It was one of those experiences that I was truly in awe of. I really hope there's another chance to go back at some point.
Aggie Therapist
9:35a, 4/11/24
In reply to LRB38
So much pastel haha.

great pic.
CashinOut
9:36a, 4/11/24
Dang..was checking for hats and rings yesterday. We chair hopped a bunch just checking out the course
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:46a, 4/11/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

Dang..was checking for hats and rings yesterday. We chair hopped a bunch just checking out the course

Completely forgot my ring in the hotel and should have worn an Aggie hat
rally-cap
9:49a, 4/11/24

CashinOut said:

I made a comment to my wife on Tuesday about how many decked out tu fans I saw - burnt orange head to toe… I was actually glad that I didn't really see any Ags doing the same, the ones I saw had hats on.
Jock 07
10:04a, 4/11/24
In reply to rally-cap
rally-cap said:

CashinOut said:

I made a comment to my wife on Tuesday about how many decked out tu fans I saw - burnt orange head to toe… I was actually glad that I didn't really see any Ags doing the same, the ones I saw had hats on.

I noticed the same as well. I had a titleist hat on with a small A&M logo on the side and my ring and that's it.
45-70Ag
6:40p, 4/11/24
Jason_Ag98
6:53p, 4/11/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
A gift shop like no other…
AgOutsideAustin
8:28p, 4/11/24
Well very thankfully the weather cleared and another incredible day at The Masters! The pimento sandwiches definitely grew on me. Looking forward to watching from home this weekend and drinking cold ones from my Masters cup collection.

Celebrity sighting today was - Jelly Roll
Ag_07
9:22p, 4/11/24
Hail Mary here...Is anyone gonna be there that wouldn't mind doing me a solid and picking up a couple things in the merch shop that I forgot?

I'll surely make it worth your while.
Aggie Therapist
9:27p, 4/11/24
In reply to Ag_07
You could try looking for a lost and found number?
lazuras_dc
9:34p, 4/11/24
I probably can , no promises bc I don't know what our schedule looks like but email me lazurasdc at yahoo
CashinOut
10:11p, 4/11/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
I for sure helped them achieve that number Wednesday. Told my buddy that went with me I get to experience the Masters all over again find out what all I actually bought on Monday
cr06gis
10:43p, 4/11/24
UPS dropped off my masters box this afternoon. Wife wasn't too thrilled with how big the box was since all she wanted was the tree ornament.
CashinOut
10:44p, 4/11/24
In reply to cr06gis
Remind her of that next time she goes to Target or Hobby Lobby…
Aggie Therapist
3:12a, 4/12/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

I for sure helped them achieve that number Wednesday. Told my buddy that went with me I get to experience the Masters all over again find out what all I actually bought on Monday

As I choose to vicariously live my life through you, please post a photo or multiple photos of your loot when it arrives.
AustinCountyAg
9:07a, 4/12/24
In reply to AgOutsideAustin
AgOutsideAustin said:

Well very thankfully the weather cleared and another incredible day at The Masters! The pimento sandwiches definitely grew on me. Looking forward to watching from home this weekend and drinking cold ones from my Masters cup collection.

Celebrity sighting today was - Jelly Roll
you sure it was him? I feel like he blends in well with crowds.
CashinOut
9:23a, 4/12/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Will do! I'm "at work" right now going through the 3,000 pics I took. I'll try and get a photo dump later today
CashinOut
2:39p, 4/12/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

Will do! I'm "at work" right now going through the 3,000 pics I took. I'll try and get a photo dump later today
Maybe not..I went from 3,000 to 350, now trying to decide between the last 50 on which ones to bring over. What's the limit on pics over here? haha
ScarmardoAg19
5:08p, 4/12/24
Just got back from my first ever Augusta visit today. Place is UNREAL!! Ran into a few Ags on course and got to watch Tiger up close and personal. Looking forward to Saturday and Sunday rounds!!
Aggie Therapist
5:18p, 4/12/24
I wonder if LazurasDC was able to find those Masters Speedos
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
lazuras_dc
5:49p, 4/12/24

Just got in. Enjoying a yuengling at Rineharts. oysters delicious. Fried shrimp coming.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 9 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings