2024 Masters Tips
31,280 Views | 432 Replies
FirefightAg
6:39p, 4/10/24
In reply to LRB38
No overall means overall. Way too crowded way too many people. They handled the crowd fairly well but still had long lines for everything. They could use more restrooms. The merch line wait was self inflicted though. Bathroom and concession at N gate long everytime but only about a 5-10 wait to get through.

Really it came down to too large a crowd. Also didn't get to see a ton of practice rounds because we were doing the Tourist things. I will give it another shot but only on Tournament day. Lottery here we come again. It took 11 years to draw this time I'll be glad to wait another 11
aginlakeway
6:44p, 4/10/24
In reply to FirefightAg
FirefightAg said:

No overall means overall. Way too crowded way too many people. They handled the crowd fairly well but still had long lines for everything. They could use more restrooms. The merch line wait was self inflicted though. Bathroom and concession at N gate long everytime but only about a 5-10 wait to get through.

Really it came down to too large a crowd. Also didn't get to see a ton of practice rounds because we were doing the Tourist things. I will give it another shot but only on Tournament day. Lottery here we come again. It took 11 years to draw this time I'll be glad to wait another 11

Wow. So your Masters experience was a 4 out of 10. I've never heard of anyone saying such a thing. And I've been going every few years since 1992.

Maybe you should have skipped the tourist things and watched more golf.

What golf tournaments that you have been to are higher?
investorAg83
6:45p, 4/10/24
In reply to FirefightAg
FirefightAg said:

Look…I know everyone gets an opinion. But I have NEVER seen an event run so smoothly. From concessions, to bathrooms, to (yes) the pro shop…it's a well oiled machine. You stand alone on that island of a review.
FirefightAg
6:56p, 4/10/24
The crowd was so large it made it difficult to watch the par 3 it's s tight area already and that many people jammed in there made it rough. I like to follow and not just stake a claim and sit all day. Did see 3 hole in one's.

Truthfully the range was my favorite part.

The facilities all moved through smooth but they just needed more
Aggie Therapist
6:56p, 4/10/24
In reply to FirefightAg
FirefightAg said:

I think this is one of the most bizarre takes I've ever seen on TexAgs.

How is "doing tourist things" Augusta National's fault?
StoopingLow
6:57p, 4/10/24
979Ag and I had a great second day. Arrived at gate at 5AM and were able to get in the first wave to be let in the premise. We were successful in getting the coveted gnome. After hitting the shop, immediately headed to the concession to drink a well earned brew and a delicious chicken biscuit. We then walked the hollowed grounds and settled in at the grandstands by hole 13 & 14 (highly recommend this viewing point). For a few hours we got to watch many of the players as they wrapped up practice before the Par 3. Around 12:30 we headed to the Par 3 course and spent the reminder of the day watching all the groups. Great trip and highly recommend going if you have the opportunity.
Aggie Therapist
6:59p, 4/10/24

Ag_07
7:02p, 4/10/24
Had a great day out there today. Just incredible.

Makes me appreciate the skill it takes to succeed at Augusta. The greens are way smaller than they look on TV. Caddies work their asses off.

I loved watching the players prep and hitting different shots from different spots.

We started at the South Gate at 615 am, went straight to merch shop and found everything we wanted and then some. We then walked straight Amen Corner while no one was there and had the place pretty much to ourselves.

We then bounced around the back nine and made our way to 1 and walked the entire place. Stopped by the Par 3 contest for a bit before we left.

Pro tip...The Crows Nest beer they serve is phenomenal and I wish it was available to the public because I'd buy a shlt ton of it. Unfortunately it's a proprietary brew brewed just for The Masters.
aginlakeway
In reply to FirefightAg
FirefightAg said:

The crowd was so large it made it difficult to watch the par 3 it's s tight area already and that many people jammed in there made it rough. I like to follow and not just stake a claim and sit all day. Did see 3 hole in one's.

Truthfully the range was my favorite part.

The facilities all moved through smooth but they just needed more

Need more what?

What golf tournaments that you have been to are better?
aginlakeway
In reply to Ag_07
Awesome picture.
FirefightAg
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Quote:

Didn't say it was thier fault.

We waited in line for founders circle picture, which we choose to do ourself, after waiting in line for hours to get into merch, which we did on recommendation from everyone. Also not having a way to contact the group we were with once we split up caused a big lull. It was my experience and I said I'd give it another chance on a tournament day where I can do whatever I want. We had 6 people this time, hopefully I'll draw 2 and it will just be me and a buddy to watch golf
aginlakeway
7:03p, 4/10/24
Fyi. We will part with one gnome for a fair price to a fellow Aggie. PM if interested.
FirefightAg
7:05p, 4/10/24
Ok ill say 5 of 10
Ag_07
7:09p, 4/10/24
It's crazy that it's such a beautiful place we found ourselves just staring at holes with no players playing. Wed just stand there and stare.

Oh yeah...It's not an easy walk by any means.

Awesome day!
DargelSkout
7:14p, 4/10/24
In reply to FirefightAg
FirefightAg said:

Quote:

We waited in line for founders circle picture, which we choose to do ourself, after waiting in line for hours to get into merch, which we did on recommendation from everyone. Also not having a way to contact the group we were with once we split up caused a big lull. It was my experience and I said I'd give it another chance on a tournament day where I can do whatever I want. We had 6 people this time, hopefully I'll draw 2 and it will just be me and a buddy to watch golf

Be thankful you drew at all. Myself and 4 other buddies have been putting in for 20 years with no success.
CashinOut
7:14p, 4/10/24
Everything about to lady was perfect. Parking, entry, merch, getting around on the course. Every volunteer we spoke to was more than willing to share absolutely any and all information they had about the place. Bathrooms put the beaver to shame.

Don't know where there wasn't enough room on the Par 3, but if somewhere was crowded we easily found another less crowded spot
Aggie Therapist
7:37p, 4/10/24
In reply to DargelSkout
DargelSkout said:

FirefightAg said:

Quote:

Be thankful you drew at all. Myself and 4 other buddies have been putting in for 20 years with no success.
Project Gemini
7:38p, 4/10/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
Yeah I can if you want to grab them somehow on my way out. Not sure how we would arrange that, I guess I can send you a text if I'm at my car/phone with enough time to do the swap. My wife is pregnant so I'm expecting we are starting later in the morning and staying through til the end though. I'll finalize our schedule Friday night seeing how she's doing. We are heading to Aiken that night if you wanted to wait somewhere close to AN on that route out? I'm just getting to Charleston and have a late dinner, I'll check back here tomorrow and shoot you an email with my number.
Aggie Therapist
7:39p, 4/10/24
In reply to CashinOut
Guy must be real Pinehurst #2 type of guy…..
CashinOut
7:55p, 4/10/24
Some of my favorite pics I've gone through today

DargelSkout
8:01p, 4/10/24
In reply to CashinOut
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing them.
bowhuntr
8:12p, 4/10/24
My favorite spot on the course…right between 16th green and 17th tee box. All the action of the 16th and then turn around and 8 feet from them hitting driver on 17. Constant action.
Aggie Therapist
8:16p, 4/10/24
I know the gallery stadium seats are taken down. But what about those huge camera towers?

They look permanent but It wouldn't surprise me if AN had the money to remove them and put them back every year.

Just don't know if they are bothersome for regular members to look at.
Jock 07
8:20p, 4/10/24
Had an amazing experience today up until the time I got out to the car to find a message from my wife telling me that the water line running to our fridge leaked and we now have a significant amount of water damage in our newly finished basement.

Got there a little later than I wanted (630) and made it in through the gate by 7ish. However they had the queue for the gift shop closed and we didn't feel like sitting around waiting for it to open. I am curious on how much I saved, how much did those gnomes run?

Amazing day, my main objective was to walk the entire course, which I did. I then hung out on the par 3, no issues finding spots and got to see Lucas Glover hit a hole in 1 on 7 from the tee.

Already looking forward to a return trip.
Quinn
8:26p, 4/10/24
I had an amazing time when I went in 2019, but i can see how someone would end up with a frustrating day. It does sound like the merch lines have gotten pretty bad this year. My boss said something similar about waiting over an hour on Monday. Wasting time on that and another hour on a picture would bug me. I didn't spend a lot of time on the Par 3 contest but it does get super crowded over there. The course itself was the draw for me, so I made sure to spend the majority of time seeing the holes I wanted to see and watch whoever passed thru.

Sounds like you will have a better idea of what to do next time if you get another chance to go.
CashinOut
8:30p, 4/10/24
In reply to AgOutsideAustin
AgOutsideAustin said:

CashinOut said:

Gonna offload a badge tomorrow to one of these roadside guys unless there's an Ag who's in Augusta that wants to meet later and buy a Wednesday badge.

Thanks again CashinOut for the Texags hookup. Today was an outstanding day on the course and I'm sure you enjoyed it as much as I did !!

No problem! Glad you enjoyed it as well. What an awesome experience that was. Hopefully I'll get to do it again
Poot
8:31p, 4/10/24
4 out of 10 is astonishing.
CashinOut
8:34p, 4/10/24
In reply to Poot
Poot said:

4 out of 10 is astonishing.

The only thing I'd rank as "meh" was the chicken sandwiches and that's because they're not served warm. They were cold and kinda dry
Aggie Therapist
8:34p, 4/10/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

CashinOut said:

Gonna offload a badge tomorrow to one of these roadside guys unless there's an Ag who's in Augusta that wants to meet later and buy a Wednesday badge.

Thanks again CashinOut for the Texags hookup. Today was an outstanding day on the course and I'm sure you enjoyed it as much as I did !!

No problem! Glad you enjoyed it as well. What an awesome experience that was. Hopefully I'll get to do it again

4/10 and you are going for another 11 years?
CashinOut
8:38p, 4/10/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

CashinOut said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

CashinOut said:

4/10 and you are going for another 11 years?

Wrong rater. I think that dude went to a different Masters tournament. I give it a 100/10
98Ag99Grad
8:41p, 4/10/24
Agree with Ag_07 about the greens. They are much smaller in person I thought.
lazuras_dc
8:53p, 4/10/24
In reply to Project Gemini
Project Gemini said:

Yeah I can if you want to grab them somehow on my way out. Not sure how we would arrange that, I guess I can send you a text if I'm at my car/phone with enough time to do the swap. My wife is pregnant so I'm expecting we are starting later in the morning and staying through til the end though. I'll finalize our schedule Friday night seeing how she's doing. We are heading to Aiken that night if you wanted to wait somewhere close to AN on that route out? I'm just getting to Charleston and have a late dinner, I'll check back here tomorrow and shoot you an email with my number.

I'm happy to wait for you at the gate if you have a time range you'll be leaving - and I'll solicit other folks leaving as well. But yeah shoot me your # and we can kind of coordinate.

Lazurasdc at yahoo (just so u don't have to scroll back to find it)

Jock 07
8:58p, 4/10/24
Oh and forgot to mention, Reinhardts was outstanding. Got the extra seasoning on the shrimp and that hot sauce ranch stuff was damn good.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:31p, 4/10/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

Some of my favorite pics I've gone through today

We sat right by y'all on 16
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:38p, 4/10/24
Also to add on
Rhinehart's was legit. Left property at 5 and had cold beer and a badass poboy by 6:30. Back to the hotel with a shower and shared a few beers with my brother in law talking about the day.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 8 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings