2024 Masters Tips
31,271 Views | 432 Replies
booradley
9:29a, 3/21/24
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

When you say Main Gate and Back Gate I'm assuming that's the same as North Gate and South Gate?

North and South are the only ones they show on the parking map so I just wanna make sure my assumption is right.

You are correct. Main is north and back gate is the South Gate.

Back in the day - the main entrance was on Washington before the front parking lot was turned into the new driving range.
booradley
9:31a, 3/21/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

Always good advice.

Maybe my memory isn't accurate, but didn't pretty much everyone lay up on 15 last year after they lengthened it? Curious if they move it back up some. As a stock, 3-shot par 5, it loses a lot of its luster.

Last year included a lot of rain which certainly shortened drives on 13 and 15.

Also reminds me of how great Rahm played as he drew the worst weather on the first 2 days.
booradley
9:34a, 3/21/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

Quote:

Lastly if youre there for a tournament round, come by and see me. I'm on 16 on the right side of the green above the bunker. I enjoy talking to Ags every year…

Are you at a station? Standing there ? Marooned out? I'll come say hi !

I sit in a small roped off box on top of the right bunker that's on the 16th green. We are required to wear khakis and a masters shirt / hat.
But always see Aggies everywhere at the masters
JCA1
9:36a, 3/21/24
In reply to booradley
booradley said:

JCA1 said:

Always good advice.

Maybe my memory isn't accurate, but didn't pretty much everyone lay up on 15 last year after they lengthened it? Curious if they move it back up some. As a stock, 3-shot par 5, it loses a lot of its luster.

Last year included a lot of rain which certainly shortened drives on 13 and 15.

Also reminds me of how great Rahm played as he drew the worst weather on the first 2 days.
Good point.

Hopefully, the risk/reward will be in play more this year.
booradley
9:38a, 3/21/24
In reply to Saucerito
Saucerito said:

Boo,

I see you recommended the right side stands on 15 to see both 15 and 16. Would you need to sit on the far right side of these to see 16 green?

I've also seen the left side stands as being really good for seeing 15 and 16. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the left side stands would provide a better angle to see both holes but they're further away from 16 green. Thoughts?

The link below talks about the left side stands (not sure how to post the image).

https://www.si.com/golf/news/the-best-spot-at-augusta-national-to-watch-a-ton-of-shots-might-surprise-you

Apologies for the confusion.

The left and right side stands on 15 are both great viewing areas. But to see 16, you need to be in the far right section of the stands that are left of the 15 green

Or you must be in the far left side of the stands that are right of the 15 green. Kinda confusing with side of green and side of stands.
Marauder Blue 6
11:04a, 3/21/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Tiger officially in the field.

I'm not sure this is 100% accurate. Tiger usually announces when/if he's going to play in an event. That's how he's handled it the last few Masters.

I think this is ANGC just saying he's in the field. But I don't think this means he's officially playing. I doubt we know that either way until right before the tournament.
At the top of the players page on masters.com, you can look at the list of 2024 Invitees and 2024 Players (committed). Tiger is listed on both.

https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/invitees_2024.html

https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/player_list.htmla
aginlakeway
11:22a, 3/21/24
In reply to Marauder Blue 6
Marauder Blue 6 said:

aginlakeway said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

I'm not sure this is 100% accurate. Tiger usually announces when/if he's going to play in an event. That's how he's handled it the last few Masters.

I think this is ANGC just saying he's in the field. But I don't think this means he's officially playing. I doubt we know that either way until right before the tournament.
At the top of the players page on masters.com, you can look at the list of 2024 Invitees and 2024 Players (committed). Tiger is listed on both.

For most of his later part of his career, he commits to tournaments officially via his social media. He has not committed officially. This is ANGC just saying he's officially in the field. But I don't think this means he's officially playing. I doubt we know that either way until right before the tournament.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Marauder Blue 6
11:23a, 3/21/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

aginlakeway said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

For most of his later part of his career, he commits to tournaments officially via his social media. He has not committed officially. This is ANGC just saying he's officially in the field. But I don't think this means he's officially playing. I doubt we know that either way until right before the tournament.
Which is exactly what my post said.
aginlakeway
11:26a, 3/21/24
In reply to Marauder Blue 6
Marauder Blue 6 said:

aginlakeway said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

aginlakeway said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Which is exactly what my post said.

My bad. Correct. He is officially in the field. We'll see if he tees it up.

My apologizes. You were 100% correct!
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
cab559
12:34p, 3/21/24
In reply to Poot
First time
CCred92
12:45p, 3/21/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
I hate all of yall.
aggiederelict
3:35p, 3/21/24
In reply to CCred92
I got a practice round ticket for sale for Monday if you are interested.
Jock 07
8:10p, 3/21/24
In reply to booradley
Thanks so much for this, it'll be super helpful for my first time going. Haven't been this excited for a trip in a long time.
Jock 07
9:18p, 3/21/24
Anyone ever stayed at Ft Gordon? Staying there with my father in law, assuming there's nothing out of the ordinary about sponsoring folks at the gate?
CashinOut
11:07a, 3/22/24
Tickets just got delivered!!!!!
aginlakeway
1:11p, 3/22/24

Ag_07
1:34p, 3/22/24
Got mine as well

aggiederelict
1:36p, 3/22/24
Same here. She's a real beaut Clark!!!
E
1:55p, 3/22/24
Wait, we get mailed a copy of the tix?!?!

Been a long time since I was excited to check the mail...

Edit: It came via UPS, just got the notification
Project Gemini
5:29p, 3/22/24
Arrival of tickets
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
7:33p, 3/22/24
Look what just showed up
rally-cap
7:53p, 3/22/24

bagger05
7:54p, 3/22/24
I hate all of you
Jock 07
7:55p, 3/22/24
Got mine, let's goooooo!!!
98Ag99Grad
8:07p, 3/22/24

Jock 07
8:25p, 3/22/24
In reply to booradley
My FIL has a heart condition but should be good to walk mostly. However if he starts getting overly tired are there scooters or anything to rent to maximize what he can see?
bagger05
9:53p, 3/22/24
In reply to Jock 07
I don't recall seeing any
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
10:48p, 3/22/24
In reply to Jock 07
Jock 07 said:

My FIL has a heart condition but should be good to walk mostly. However if he starts getting overly tired are there scooters or anything to rent to maximize what he can see?

I'm taking my dad, he is highly handicapped. Not like wheel chair ridden but he def has a mobility scooter on the regular

I rented one for him that I'm picking up in Augusta while we are there

I think it was $200 ish a day

I'll see if I can find the company. But recently Augusta allows mobility scooters and has some pathways. Not a ton but some.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
10:51p, 3/22/24
In reply to Jock 07
Augustamobility.com

And to answer your question, no there is nothing to rent on sight, they are allowed on property however. Hence the rental conpany.
DeBoss
7:49p, 3/24/24
Anyone going from the DFW area? Need to replace my quarter zip that I got in 2015. Apparently I'm fatter now.
Jock 07
7:50p, 3/24/24
In reply to Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Thanks, assuming you have to figure out how to get it from the rental spot to the course?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:10p, 3/24/24
In reply to Jock 07
Jock 07 said:

Thanks, assuming you have to figure out how to get it from the rental spot to the course?

My dad who I am taking has one at home for daily use.

They break down small enough to fit into a trunk or suv.
No idea what these will look like but they all fold enough to squeeze into the minivan or suv we're getting

Similar to the picture.
I'm sure there is places he won't be able to go, but he's 75 and he's just stoked to get on property.

jonj101
8:52a, 3/27/24
boo, when do you arrive in Augusta? I will be there Friday afternoon/Saturday for the ANWA. If you have availability, I'd gladly buy you a beer considering how much this annual thread helped me prepare for my visits to the Masters.

Somehow my pics are still displaying in the thread from my 2017 visit, so if anyone wants to check it out: https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/2846217/1
ScarmardoAg19
8:53a, 3/27/24
In reply to aggiederelict
Price?
aggiederelict
1:55p, 3/27/24
In reply to ScarmardoAg19
I sold it on StubHub yesterday. Good luck.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings