CashinOut
3:02p, 3/27/24
Long range forecast shows rain/storms Tuesday and Wednseday
aginlakeway
3:06p, 3/27/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

Yep. Total all day rainouts very unlikely but that'll suck for secondary ticket buyers. Only badge holders MAY get next year in the event an entire day is washed out. But everyone could also be SOL.
CashinOut
3:13p, 3/27/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

CashinOut said:

Yep. Total all day rainouts very unlikely but that'll suck for second ticket buyers. Only badge holders MAY get next year in the event an entire day is washed out. But everyone could also be SOL.
Quick!! Anyone wanna buy a Par 3 Wednesday Round pass??
aginlakeway
3:17p, 3/27/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

aginlakeway said:

CashinOut said:

Yep. Total all day rainouts very unlikely but that'll suck for second ticket buyers. Only badge holders MAY get next year in the event an entire day is washed out. But everyone could also be SOL.
Quick!! Anyone wanna buy a Par 3 Wednesday Round pass??

Actually, that's a very good idea if the forecast is horrible. Otherwise you could make the trip and pay all those travel costs and never get in the gate.

I know folks who sold a few days before because of weather and made big bucks and didn't owe the buyer a dime even if it rained out.

Ag_07
3:24p, 3/27/24
A 2 week forecast may as well be a month.

That's WAY too far out to start talking about rain outs and selling tickets.
aginlakeway
3:30p, 3/27/24
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

A 2 week forecast may as well be a month.

That's WAY too far out to start talking about rain outs and selling tickets.

100% agree. But I would try to sell 72 or so hours before if the forecast was horrible, like days washed out horrible.
JCA1
5:45p, 3/27/24
In '17, we bought Wednesday passes in advance and rolled the dice that Thursday prices would come down and we could snag some the night before for cheaper. Unfortunately, we screwed up our days. The Wednesday forecast was terrible (and proved to be correct) and ticket prices plummeted Tuesday night. Got as low as $300. Thursday came down a little but not much and we still ended up paying about $1300/each for them.

Demand seems to be much more than it even was in '17. Not sure if that would work now.
Dallas Ag03
8:30p, 3/29/24
Brother in law came through. I'll be live Sunday at Augusta for final round. Can't wait
AgOutsideAustin
9:13p, 3/29/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

Not anymore, forecast is improving!!
AggieDave02
10:17p, 3/31/24
I'll be there Friday.
CashinOut
6:34a, 4/1/24
What's the parking situation like? What time does the free parking open up? And how long does it take to fill up?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
6:45a, 4/1/24
To expand on that , I'm taking my dad who is handicapped. Where is the best handicap parking? I assume it fills up quick so we will be there early
Ag_07
8:04a, 4/1/24
What time do gates open for the practice round days?

I haven't seen that anywhere
Marauder Blue 6
8:34a, 4/1/24
In reply to Ag_07
7am officially, sometimes earlier
aginlakeway
8:41a, 4/1/24
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

What time do gates open for the practice round days?

I haven't seen that anywhere

8 a.m. EST

https://www.masters.com/en_US/tournament/schedule.html
MagnumLoad
11:04a, 4/1/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

cab559 said:

Someone gave me their weekend tickets. First trip! So pumped. Have everything organized except a place to stay on Fri and Saturday. Price isn't an option for the most part so will figure it out unless others have a suggestion. For now, was thinking a VRBO just north of AGNC.

If you could make arrangements to introduce me to your friends that give away Masters tickets, I would appreciate it.

There are people like that.

I've given away a few over the years. And I've gotten a few for free over the years. And I usually hand off my badge when I leave so someone else can use the second entry.

What is the second entry? Also, I have heard that if I buy tickets in the secondary market AN will deny entry because not the original owner. Is that correct?
aginlakeway
11:17a, 4/1/24
In reply to MagnumLoad
MagnumLoad said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

cab559 said:

Someone gave me their weekend tickets. First trip! So pumped. Have everything organized except a place to stay on Fri and Saturday. Price isn't an option for the most part so will figure it out unless others have a suggestion. For now, was thinking a VRBO just north of AGNC.

If you could make arrangements to introduce me to your friends that give away Masters tickets, I would appreciate it.

There are people like that.

I've given away a few over the years. And I've gotten a few for free over the years. And I usually hand off my badge when I leave so someone else can use the second entry.

What is the second entry? Also, I have heard that if I buy tickets in the secondary market AN will deny entry because not the original owner. Is that correct?

The person scanning the ticket won't know how the ticket was bought. Only if it's been used.

One re-entry is allowed per ticket. You can leave and come back in.
MagnumLoad
11:23a, 4/1/24
Thank you
Tailgate88
3:12p, 4/1/24
Super jealous of those of you who are going! It's a bucket list trip for me.
DannyDuberstein
4:10p, 4/1/24
There's a difference in opening: outer gates vs ropes to allow access to the course. You can get to the shop and driving range, etc once the outer open. When I've been on practice round days, they had the outer gates open by 7am (if not a bit earlier) to get people thru the metal detectors, ticket check, etc. Then the ropes with access to the course dropped at 8am.

That left an hour to get your shopping done and shipping set up and ready to hit the course when the ropes came down. The shop is also the least crowded it will be all day. Highly recommend. We got there around 6:30am
aginlakeway
4:17p, 4/1/24
In reply to DannyDuberstein
DannyDuberstein said:

There's a difference in opening: outer gates vs ropes to allow access to the course. You can get to the shop and driving range, etc once the outer open. When I've been on practice round days, they had the outer gates open by 7am (if not a bit earlier) to get people thru the metal detectors, ticket check, etc. Then the ropes with access to the course dropped at 8am.

That left an hour to get your shopping done and shipping set up and ready to hit the course when the ropes came down. The shop is also the least crowded it will be all day. Highly recommend. We got there around 6:30am

GREAT suggestion.
DannyDuberstein
4:20p, 4/1/24
It's also an interesting lesson in crowd control. They will stop everyone at the real outer gates about 50-100 yards from the metal detectors/ticket check. Then they'll segment a group of 50 or so to send forward to get checked in. Once they get thru most of that group, then they send the next batch. So prepare for it to be a process
Ezra Brooks
4:21p, 4/1/24
Don't do what I did....

We stayed about an hour east of Atlanta, but still ~ 1:35 over to Augusta.

We left the hotel at 5:30ish and waited on Starbucks to open, then got on the road. About 20 minutes into the drive, my wife says - "you have the tickets right?".

I didn't.

So instead of getting to AGNC at 7:45, we got there at 8:30.

Was still a wonderful day!
jelfag06
5:06p, 4/1/24
In reply to jonj101
I'll be there with my Dad who turns 70 for ANWA as well! First time for both of us and we are so excited! We get there on Thursday and we are playing Aiken Golf Club and Augusta CC on Friday. Can't tell you how excited we are for this trip.
Jock 07
6:50p, 4/1/24
Is everyone staying in town or outside of town? Was originally gonna stay 1.5 hrs over in SC but was able to hop on a room that opened up on Ft Gordon.
Jock 07
6:51p, 4/1/24
DannyDuberstein said:

Great insight, thanks!
lazuras_dc
7:24p, 4/1/24
Do y'all know when photos at founders circle opens ? Wonder if it will be best to go there first or later in the afternoon.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:42p, 4/1/24
DannyDuberstein said:

Yea when I went in 16 I think we got there right at 7. Went shopping and then walked around a bit and then they dropped the ropes at 8 and we walked to put our chairs down at the par three course. Walked back and grabbed a bite then walked the course till 15/16 and posted up for 30 minutes watching people hit shots into 15 and then Tee shots at 16. About 12 made our way to our seats at the par 3 tourney and then sat there until about 4 or so.
Jock 07
7:31p, 4/2/24
Wed forecast looking decent a week out.
'03ag
10:57a, 4/3/24
I have tickets for Sunday . . . Courtesy of my boss... For free...
E
12:02p, 4/3/24
Lucky enough to go Wednesday and Thursday! Will get to visit Augusta on good and bad weather days
bagger05
12:45p, 4/3/24
In reply to '03ag
'03ag said:

That's awesome. Have a fantastic time.
SouthAustinAgSwag
2:05p, 4/3/24
In reply to bagger05
bagger05 said:

'03ag said:

That's awesome. Have a fantastic time.

And by "that's awesome" what he really means is you suck
cab559
2:11p, 4/3/24
I'm heading down there next Friday - Sunday. Still looking at places but probably going to get VRBO somewhere around I-20 / Washington. Seems to be $1k/night for something decent.

Rhinehart's may be on the menu one evening.
rally-cap
2:18p, 4/3/24
We are flying to Savannah on Sunday and staying there, with Augusta on Tuesday, fly back on Wednesday. Does anyone have any good suggestions on things to do in Savannah? We've got a list of a few things, but always open to more ideas!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings