2024 Masters Tips
31,390 Views | 432 Replies
'03ag
2:34p, 4/3/24
In reply to SouthAustinAgSwag
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

bagger05 said:

'03ag said:

I have tickets for Sunday . . . Courtesy of my boss... For free...

That's awesome. Have a fantastic time.

And by "that's awesome" what he really means is you suck

investorAg83
2:44p, 4/3/24
Staying in Columbia, going on Tuesday. Was always jealous of this thread…glad I finally get to put it to use.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
3:24p, 4/3/24
Staying Tuesday and Wednesday night downtown Augusta. Plan on hitting up hooters Tuesday to see John Daly. Not sure about Wednesday night.
LeveredAg
3:42p, 4/3/24
Four of us with Wednesday practice round tickets. Flying in to Savannah on Saturday with the wife and another couple makes it on Sunday. Will be in Augusta Tuesday night, and Wednesday night.
lazuras_dc
6:26p, 4/3/24
In reply to cab559
cab559 said:

I'm heading down there next Friday - Sunday. Still looking at places but probably going to get VRBO somewhere around I-20 / Washington. Seems to be $1k/night for something decent.

Rhinehart's may be on the menu one evening.

Rineharts in my radar Friday night. Get into Columbia 430pm will drive in and drop off at airBNB and head to dinner there. Thinking whiskey bar on Saturday evening.
cab559
7:56p, 4/3/24
Is whiskey bar Aiken?
lazuras_dc
8:38p, 4/3/24
Whiskey Bar Kitchen. Just saw it on google
belowpar
1:00p, 4/4/24
Anyone going on Tuesday that would be up for giving their badge away when they leave? Hoping to get in that evening to buy our gear and walk around a little (if time allows).

We will be there Wednesday.
CashinOut
9:46p, 4/4/24
If/when I buy a chair there..how do I get it back home? Just ship it FedEx before leaving the course? Will Southwest let me bring it on the plane as a carry-on?
lazuras_dc
9:48p, 4/4/24
In reply to CashinOut
Why not check it ?
CashinOut
9:50p, 4/4/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
Won't have any other bags to check. Didn't know if it would come up missing since it was Masters branded
aginlakeway
10:00p, 4/4/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

If/when I buy a chair there..how do I get it back home? Just ship it FedEx before leaving the course? Will Southwest let me bring it on the plane as a carry-on?

I've always shipped from the course. Very easy. And it shows up at home in a few days.
Marauder Blue 6
10:38p, 4/4/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

You can bring it as a carry-on like people do with fishing poles, etc. I'd be sure you really want to buy a chair. Personally, I'd just use any empties already there and move when the owner shows up. I've never used mine in six years. If you were in Houston, I'd give you the one I have.
TwoTimeAg
6:52a, 4/5/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

UPS has a shipping drop off right next to the main merchandise shop.
bowhuntr
6:58a, 4/5/24
First time going, Monday practice round. Not looking to go too overboard on the merchandise, definitely a few clothing items, but is there anything unique worth purchasing that I wouldn't think of? Not trying to stay in the gift shop very long.
rally-cap
6:59a, 4/5/24
In reply to bowhuntr
bowhuntr said:

First time going, Monday practice round. Not looking to go too overboard on the merchandise, definitely a few clothing items, but is there anything unique worth purchasing that I wouldn't think of? Not trying to stay in the gift shop very long.

If you're there early enough on Monday, you may have a shot at getting a gnome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will still be some on Tuesday, but I don't think I'll be lucky enough

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
7:06a, 4/5/24
In reply to rally-cap
rally-cap said:

bowhuntr said:

If you're there early enough on Monday, you may have a shot at getting a gnome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will still be some on Tuesday, but I don't think I'll be lucky enough

This
I'm not going until Wednesday so I'm assuming these will be gone.
TwoTimeAg
7:43a, 4/5/24
They will put out gnomes everyday, but you need to be there early to increase your chances as they go quickly.
JCA1
7:54a, 4/5/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

I bought it on as a carry-on.

And it ended up being useful. Airport was packed and there were no seats at my gate so my buddy and I whipped out our masters chairs and sat in them waiting for boarding.
AgOutsideAustin
8:12a, 4/5/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

CashinOut said:

I bought it on as a carry-on.

And it ended up being useful. Airport was packed and there were no seats at my gate so my buddy and I whipped out our masters chairs and sat in them waiting for boarding.

Great airport flex !!
bagger05
8:15a, 4/5/24
In reply to Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

rally-cap said:

bowhuntr said:

This
I'm not going until Wednesday so I'm assuming these will be gone.

Gnome in the Home (from St Andre Golf)

DannyDuberstein
9:11a, 4/5/24
In reply to bowhuntr
bowhuntr said:

We'll see, lol.
aginlakeway
9:13a, 4/5/24
From AGNC:

"Please note, there will be a partial solar eclipse in Augusta on Monday, April 8, beginning around 1:45 p.m., with an expected end around 4:20 p.m.

To assist our patrons in viewing the eclipse, we will be providing each patron one pair of special solar glasses upon entry through the North and South Gates."
aginlakeway
9:15a, 4/5/24
In reply to DannyDuberstein
DannyDuberstein said:

bowhuntr said:

We'll see, lol.

A first timer in the merchandise shop? I'll set the over/under at $1000.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
9:22a, 4/5/24
In reply to aginlakeway
Over
AgOutsideAustin
9:26a, 4/5/24
Strategery

Ship a few things home and get " oh honey I guess you didn't spend as much as you thought in the gift shop" from the wife, but the mother load gets shipped to your office or a buddie's house.
bowhuntr
9:58a, 4/5/24
In reply to Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Over

I will report back! Definitely going with the gnome
LRB38
11:17a, 4/5/24
Question about shipping from the merchandise shop… a guy I just talked to told me his shipping was free back in 2019. Is this true?? Naturally assumed we would be paying for shipping.
TwoTimeAg
11:41a, 4/5/24
No, you pay for shipping.
98Ag99Grad
12:18p, 4/5/24
Masters Itinerary

This has a lot of good tips, especially for first timers like me.
Marauder Blue 6
2:31p, 4/5/24
In reply to Marauder Blue 6
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Tiger officially in the field.
He's confirmed he's playing.
aginlakeway
2:57p, 4/5/24
In reply to Marauder Blue 6
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Tiger officially in the field.
He's confirmed he's playing.

Technically, he confirmed that he is going to try and play.

Him making the cut would be a huge achievement. He has played just one competitive round on tour since the 2023 Masters, and just 11 competitive rounds on tour since the 2022 Masters. Now he's going to try and play 2-4 rounds on consecutive days.

I hope he plays. He's great for golf. But I'd be very surprised if he makes the cut. I also wouldn't be stunned if he withdraws at some point before the end of round 2.

We'll see!
98Ag99Grad
3:32p, 4/5/24
he never played the Houston Open so I'm looking forward to just seeing the guy in person and possibly hitting a golf shot on Tuesday. May be my only chance.
jonj101
3:33p, 4/5/24
It seems like every time I come back to this place AN has expanded again.

Now it looks like they have a whole other area on Washington Road across from the club. Idk what it is or when they bought it, but they seem to constantly grow.

Edit: Nvm - that's the media center. Apparently there's a tunnel also that goes from it to AN.
aginlakeway
3:57p, 4/5/24
In reply to jonj101
jonj101 said:

It seems like every time I come back to this place AN has expanded again.

Now it looks like they have a whole other area on Washington Road across from the club. Idk what it is or when they bought it, but they seem to constantly grow.

Edit: Nvm - that's the media center. Apparently there's a tunnel also that goes from it to AN.

The media center is on property at the back end of the practice range.

"The new area on Washington Road across from the club is the Map & Flag hospitality suite run by ANGC. Weekly passes cost $17,000 each, according to sources.

Included inside are premium food and drink options, as well as an "expansive food hall and high-energy sports bar," according to Map & Flag's customer website that was viewed by SBJ. More than 80 TVs carrying tournament coverage are inside the venue, and patrons also will have access to an outdoor garden and a merchandise shop."

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/03/04/masters-hospitality-map-and-flag-augusta-national?publicationSource=sbd
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings