2024 Masters Tips
31,522 Views | 432 Replies
jonj101
5:34p, 4/5/24
In reply to aginlakeway
Thanks for the correction.

I still haven't got into Berckmans Place - sounds like yet another VIP place at AN that I won't see the inside of.
AGMD87
5:45p, 4/5/24
In reply to booradley
My twin brother and I will be there Friday and Saturday. We will be wearing Aggie gear and will come by and see you.
DannyDuberstein
5:50p, 4/5/24
How will he know which one is you?
jonj101
7:22p, 4/5/24
Got vetoed on Rhinearts for Brinkleys Chophouse. Pretty good though - and it's right next to the Green jackets stadium. Nice spot.

Excited for tomorrow.
CN
5:07p, 4/7/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

CashinOut said:

If/when I buy a chair there..how do I get it back home? Just ship it FedEx before leaving the course? Will Southwest let me bring it on the plane as a carry-on?

I bought it on as a carry-on.

And it ended up being useful. Airport was packed and there were no seats at my gate so my buddy and I whipped out our masters chairs and sat in them waiting for boarding.
So no problem carrying it on? I borrowed a couple but am afraid of getting turned away at the airport and having to throw them away. Not good when they're not yours to throw away. My current plan is putting the two into my (free) checked luggage but I would be able to go with just carry on luggage if it wasn't for these chairs. I'd be cool with a gate check.

I don't want to buy them for single use. My wife is a neat freak and will make me throw them away in a few years if I don't use them even if they're just sitting in the garage.
Aggie Therapist
7:44p, 4/7/24
Got my Master's swag from Augusta National this weekend
KaneIsAble
8:08p, 4/7/24
That was $140 well spent
JCA1
8:16p, 4/7/24
In reply to CN
CN said:

JCA1 said:

CashinOut said:

If/when I buy a chair there..how do I get it back home? Just ship it FedEx before leaving the course? Will Southwest let me bring it on the plane as a carry-on?

I bought it on as a carry-on.

And it ended up being useful. Airport was packed and there were no seats at my gate so my buddy and I whipped out our masters chairs and sat in them waiting for boarding.
So no problem carrying it on? I borrowed a couple but am afraid of getting turned away at the airport and having to throw them away. Not good when they're not yours to throw away. My current plan is putting the two into my (free) checked luggage but I would be able to go with just carry on luggage if it wasn't for these chairs. I'd be cool with a gate check.

I don't want to buy them for single use. My wife is a neat freak and will make me throw them away in a few years if I don't use them even if they're just sitting in the garage.

I did not have any issues.
Marauder Blue 6
5:21a, 4/8/24
Rhinehart's was excellent last night!
jelfag06
12:11p, 4/8/24

It was incredible walking Augusta National this weekend for my Pop's 70th birthday. Thank you for all the tips and good luck with the Pro Shop line! We shipped everything home and can't wait to distribute it to friends and family. Also I would recommend this restaurant in North Augusta, SC called Bistro 55. Great food and service. there were so many people for ANWA and I cannot imagine what a regular day would look at The Masters.
Prexys Moon
3:36p, 4/8/24
In reply to jelfag06
jel***06 said:

It was incredible walking Augusta National this weekend for my Pop's 70th birthday. Thank you for all the tips and good luck with the Pro Shop line! We shipped everything home and can't wait to distribute it to friends and family. Also I would recommend this restaurant in North Augusta, SC called Bistro 55. Great food and service. there were so many people for ANWA and I cannot imagine what a regular day would look at The Masters.
how was ANWA? At this point in my life I'd love to go to the Masters but even more just to walk the course. Thinking ANWA would be a great way to do that. Is it cheaper tickets, fewer people?
bowhuntr
6:15p, 4/8/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

DannyDuberstein said:

bowhuntr said:

First time going, Monday practice round. Not looking to go too overboard on the merchandise, definitely a few clothing items, but is there anything unique worth purchasing that I wouldn't think of? Not trying to stay in the gift shop very long.

Got my gnome…grand total. $742. I could have easily gone over $1k but wanted to save some for next time.
We'll see, lol.

A first timer in the merchandise shop? I'll set the over/under at $1000.
Aggie Therapist
6:18p, 4/8/24
In reply to Prexys Moon
Prexys Moon said:

jel***06 said:

how was ANWA? At this point in my life I'd love to go to the Masters but even more just to walk the course. Thinking ANWA would be a great way to do that. Is it cheaper tickets, fewer people?

$100 a ticket! You best believe I enter the ANWA and Masters lottery every year!
aginlakeway
7:35p, 4/8/24
Trip 11 for me, and trip 3 for my wife. And the 1st trip for the kids.

Truly one of the days of my life, to be able to share this amazing place with the people that I love very much.

aginlakeway
7:39p, 4/8/24
Eclipse glasses given out to today free to the patrons. "Created exclusively for the Masters Tournament."

CashinOut
7:40p, 4/8/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Eclipse glasses given out to today free to the patrons. "Created exclusively for the Masters Tournament."

I want to get my hands on one of those tomorrow or Wednesday
aginlakeway
7:41p, 4/8/24
In reply to CashinOut
I MAY have extras.
CashinOut
7:45p, 4/8/24
In reply to aginlakeway
Remembering this post if we're not successful this week
Aggie Therapist
7:52p, 4/8/24
In reply to aginlakeway
That hat looks familiar
Gigem314
7:55p, 4/8/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Trip 11 for me, and trip 3 for my wife. And the 1st trip for the kids.

Truly one of the days of my life, to be able to share this amazing place with the people that I love very much.

Glad you're having a great time! What a memory!
Tailgate88
8:07p, 4/8/24
In reply to aginlakeway
Awesome
Matsui
8:24p, 4/8/24
This is great
45-70Ag
8:28p, 4/8/24

Only $17,000
Aggie Therapist
8:31p, 4/8/24
In reply to 45-70Ag
$17,000 then you spend another $5,000 on merch
investorAg83
8:42p, 4/8/24
Not necessarily Masters related but we're staying in Columbia and this city has always had little to offer in terms of decent restaurants, imo. Just ate at Backstreets and it was awesome. Worth filing away for any SC trips.
98Ag99Grad
8:50p, 4/8/24
Got in to town today and hit up Top Dawg Tavern. Had a great time. Hitting the course tomorrow.

Also Becks for dinner was top notch. Good whiskey and oysters from several different locations. Highly recommend.
AgOutsideAustin
9:14p, 4/8/24
Great day on the course and topped it off at Rhinehart's!

lazuras_dc
9:43p, 4/8/24
Won't be there until Friday , but would love a set of eclipse glasses if anyone gets extra. I can pay , buy ya a drink, trade merch, etc. email me lazurasdc at yahoo
Ag_07
10:13p, 4/8/24
In reply to AgOutsideAustin
Was it easy getting in here?
CashinOut
10:28p, 4/8/24
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

Was it easy getting in here?

Same question. Gonna make the drive in to Augusta tomorrow just to check it out before we go Wednesday. Looking at a late lunch there before everyone comes off the course
AgOutsideAustin
7:02a, 4/9/24
In reply to Ag_07
Went after the round so it was crowded but I sat at the outside bar as a single. Fun place.
AgOutsideAustin
7:05a, 4/9/24
In reply to CashinOut
I would think that would be a great time to go but booradley probably knows better.
cab559
7:58a, 4/9/24
I have weekend badges so weather looks great.

But Thursday weather doesn't, what happens to the folks that have Thursday if most of that day is rained out?
jonj101
7:58a, 4/9/24
In reply to Prexys Moon
Prexys Moon said:

jel***06 said:

This was my 3rd visit to Augusta National - the previous two visits being practice rounds at the Masters, and this one being the ANWA for the first time.

The course was beautiful and the overall experience was great. I was happy to walk the course with my wife, and we even were able to greet Cooper and have a brief conversation with her prior to her teeing off on number one. The food as well as most of the experience was similar to what one would see Masters week.

However I did have one issue where things were different from the Masters practice rounds I attended. It actually seems awkward to say this, but AN had a logistics issue that imo led to a highly inefficient situation.

They only had the north gate open and one main gift shop open (by the north entrance). This led to long lines that wrapped around multiple layers with wait times of an hour or more. We tried to come back a few times during the day to hopefully get in the shop, but it didn't happen (our priority was the course anyways).

I'm not sure if there were more people at the ANWA this year than previous years, but if they are going to increase attendance at that event, it would be good to have the second gate and shop open.
David_Puddy
9:00a, 4/9/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

he never played the Houston Open so I'm looking forward to just seeing the guy in person and possibly hitting a golf shot on Tuesday. May be my only chance.

He has a massive following no matter where he goes, but even moreso at Augusta. If you truly want to actually witness him hit a shot, Since you're already there, I hope you plan on either posting up at a tee box or green 2-3 hotes ahead of where he is on the course (assuming he will most likely play a full 18 today). With his gallery, it's tough to actually see him his a shot up close unless you plan ahead.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings