2024 Masters Tips
31,257 Views | 432 Replies
Tailgate88
9:11a, 4/9/24
Enjoying watching Masters on the Range yesterday and today. It's the best we can do until tomorrow!
Jock 07
9:29a, 4/9/24
Fixin to head toward Augusta from Atlanta. Weather still lookin good for tomorrow.
CashinOut
9:35a, 4/9/24
Gonna offload a badge tomorrow to one of these roadside guys unless there's an Ag who's in Augusta that wants to meet later and buy a Wednesday badge.
bowhuntr
10:40a, 4/9/24
Followed Christo Lamprecht (A) yesterday from the range through a good number of holes…you need to see this guy hit the ball in person. I watched many of the big names yesterday. He was more enjoyable. 6'8" with Bryson ball speeds.
Project Gemini
10:44a, 4/9/24
Everyone keeps talking about the south gate betting less busy and better for shopping. Where do you park to enter there? I am coming from Aiken so will enter town from the East side and it may be easier for me than the I-20 folks to get there. But I have no clue what I am doing.
bowhuntr
10:46a, 4/9/24
https://www.masters.com/pdf/parking_map.pdf

You might have seen this already. I would imagine just park in the south part of the free parking. We did north but were very early (in time for the gnomes).
Marauder Blue 6
11:46a, 4/9/24
If you want the larger gnome, you need to get there EARLY. They go quick. The stuffed bears and puzzles too. The small gnomes were easy to find the two times I wnent yesterday morning and afternoon.
LRB38
12:02p, 4/9/24
TexAgs, you never cease to amaze. Rhinehart's was very much worth it!
AgOutsideAustin
12:22p, 4/9/24
In reply to Project Gemini
Project Gemini said:

Everyone keeps talking about the south gate betting less busy and better for shopping. Where do you park to enter there? I am coming from Aiken so will enter town from the East side and it may be easier for me than the I-20 folks to get there. But I have no clue what I am doing.

Not sure it matters I just parked and asked a nearby attendant and he said that way for the North entrance and that way for the South. I liked coming out at 16 from the South entrance.
Project Gemini
12:23p, 4/9/24
Thanks for the replies
jonj101
1:10p, 4/9/24
In reply to Project Gemini
Project Gemini said:

The way thats worked for me in the past was instead of taking I20 to Washington road, go all the way to the Bobby Jones Expressway or 520 to Wheeler Road. Take Wheeler Road to Berckmans and go left. You'll approach AN from the other side which is closer to the South gate. I think we parked in Lot C, whereas Lot A was closer to the North gate.

Hope that helps.
cr06gis
2:50p, 4/9/24
We entered the south gate yesterday at 730 and waited 45 miutes in line at the gift shop. Still had a dozen or so large gnomes available around 845. Mailed everything home.

Picture perfect weather on Monday. Had a blast and was glad dad got to experience it finally. Walked the whole course with lengthy stays at amen corner and 16. Lucked into seeing Tiger hit his approach on 17 with a smallish crowd.

Can't wait to go back

Also, if you just want a towel bag or hat, there is a small shop south of the 18 green next to the restrooms that sells a limited amount of merch. Swung in there as we were leaving without any wait.
98Ag99Grad
3:25p, 4/9/24
In the car and headed back to the house. What a fantastic day! Got to the course around 6:20 and was the second wave through the gate. Glad we got all that shopping done early. Never saw Tiger but followed Scheffler some.
CashinOut
3:39p, 4/9/24
Where should we do dinner tonight if we've already done Rhineharts?
cab559
3:43p, 4/9/24
Hooter's!
CashinOut
3:47p, 4/9/24
In reply to cab559
cab559 said:

Hooter's!

Went there at 11 for a couple beers and fried pickles. Met Daly then went to Rhineharts for a real lunch.
'03ag
3:54p, 4/9/24
I'm staying in Covington Saturday. Anyone know of any good eats there?
Ezra Brooks
4:04p, 4/9/24
In reply to '03ag
'03ag said:

I'm staying in Covington Saturday. Anyone know of any good eats there?
Wife and I stayed there last year at the Twelve Oaks Bed and Breakfast.

We really enjoyed The Social Goat Tavern and City Pharmacy.
98Ag99Grad
4:43p, 4/9/24
In reply to CashinOut
We went to Becks last night and it was great
cab559
4:56p, 4/9/24
Did you have a reservation?
98Ag99Grad
5:01p, 4/9/24
In reply to cab559
We did

And I don't think you guys mentioned Rheinharts mixes horseradish in their cocktail sauce. Oh man that stuff is great.
Ag_07
5:28p, 4/9/24
We pulled into town around 430 dropped off stuff at the house and made our way to Rhineharts and walked right in.

Great place! Highly recommend. Thanks for the rec
CashinOut
5:33p, 4/9/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

We did

And I don't think you guys mentioned Rheinharts mixes horseradish in their cocktail sauce. Oh man that stuff is great.

Right?!? It was like a secret! Their cocktail sauce needs to be bottled and sold somewhere
Marauder Blue 6
5:48p, 4/9/24
In reply to CashinOut
CashinOut said:

98Ag99Grad said:

We did

Right?!? It was like a secret! Their cocktail sauce needs to be bottled and sold somewhere
That cocktail sauce was legit. So was the spicy ranch.
rally-cap
5:52p, 4/9/24
What a day! I intentionally kept low expectations going in, but dang, they were blown away immediately. My wife said I looked like a kid on Christmas morning when we were in line at the North Gate.

I wish we could have seen more, but we got a day full of memories. I got 4 total Gig 'ems throughout the day.
investorAg83
6:33p, 4/9/24
Just left Rhinehardts. Service was surprisingly good. Fried shrimp and cocktail sauce (as mentioned) was fantastic. We got a little of everything and the fried cheese triangles and stuffed mushrooms were pretty underwhelming.

Day at the course was fantastic.
Jock 07
6:34p, 4/9/24
Fixin to head to Reinhardts and then get some sleep for tomorrow. If I'm coming in from Ft Gordon is there a better gate to park at? Trying to be there by 7, is that sufficient or should we aim for earlier?
rally-cap
6:41p, 4/9/24
We pulled into the lot at 6:50 this morning and the line for the north gate was already backed into the parking lot and by the time we got in line and through the gates they weren't letting anyone else go in the north merch shop. So if that's your goal, earlier is probably better.
Ag_07
6:47p, 4/9/24
If anyone is out and about tonight Doc Porchside is a great spot with live music and no crowds.
CN
7:30p, 4/9/24
In reply to investorAg83
investorAg83 said:

Not necessarily Masters related but we're staying in Columbia and this city has always had little to offer in terms of decent restaurants, imo. Just ate at Backstreets and it was awesome. Worth filing away for any SC trips.
Thanks for this. Our tickets are for Friday and we're staying in Columbia the night before. Was wondering where to go eat.
lazuras_dc
7:45p, 4/9/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

In the car and headed back to the house. What a fantastic day! Got to the course around 6:20 and was the second wave through the gate. Glad we got all that shopping done early. Never saw Tiger but followed Scheffler some.

How crowded was merch ? Did you finish checking out by 8am when main ropes dropped ?
bowhuntr
8:19p, 4/9/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
lazuras_dc said:

98Ag99Grad said:

How crowded was merch ? Did you finish checking out by 8am when main ropes dropped ?

I got in line at north gate at 6:15, inside at 7:05 when they opened, part of the first group into golf shop at 7:15, out by 7:40, checked bags by 7:50…all for $748. Yes, I have a big gnome sitting proudly on my desk now. Quick stop for a chicken sandwich a breakfast sandwich and a coffee (5 min). On the course at 8:00.
Marauder Blue 6
8:28p, 4/9/24
Get breakfast quickly too. Concessions by the north pro shop was out of breakfast sandwiches by 8:45am yesterday.
bowhuntr
8:31p, 4/9/24
I believe there is a big difference between arriving to the parking lot at 6 and 6:30 when it comes to how long all of the things take. 6:30 folks ended up being about an hour behind me when all said and done.
CashinOut
8:33p, 4/9/24
In reply to Marauder Blue 6
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Get breakfast quickly too. Concessions by the north pro shop was out of breakfast sandwiches by 8:45am yesterday.

Levy strikes again
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off