Tech game

10,199 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by jnew0531
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That dude is obviously a tool...

That said, 13,000 showing up for a 3-6 team?

Yeah, that ain't bad
Heisenberg01
AG
That is the essence of a classless clown. Agree that someone active on twitter needs to bring this up to the Jay Bilas, Doug Gottlieb, etc. Hope Kyler Murray was sitting next to this guy when he dropped the N-bomb.

If Smart is suspended, they should also revoke this guys season ticket privileges also.
mazzag
AG
quote:
Smart's gonna say it was racist. Someone in the crowd may well have used the N-word, but I know Jeff Orr and it wasn't him. He'll say a lot of on-the-borderline stuff to get under the other team's skin but nothing racist.

You know this guy?

Tobias Funke
AG
Please don't defend this idiot. The very definition of a delusional loser fan
Buford Tannen
AG
Gottlieb is apparently receiving texts from Orr right now via his Tech connection and tweeting about it. "Not vulgar and not the N word". But it does sound like he said something pretty bad. OSU radio guys claiming Smart said the guy called him the N word.

[This message has been edited by Albatross (edited 2/9/2014 12:37a).]
pr3ston
Petroleum engineering degree...now an air traffic control in waco..
oldjohnny
Tech fans are known for their classlessness. I really hope the media takes that into consideration before they make this about Smart and not the fan that has a documented history of player interaction.
AggieJ2002
AG
A shame that it happened, but there should be 2 consequences to this ...

1) A long suspension for Smart ... Dont care what the fan said, you cant touch the fans. He is going to pay for it even more in the draft

2) Tech needs to ban this fan if there is enough evidence to show he was using racial slurs
mazzag
AG
quote:
A shame that it happened, but there should be 2 consequences to this ...

1) A long suspension for Smart ... Dont care what the fan said, you cant touch the fans. He is going to pay for it even more in the draft

Really? After all we've been thru with Johnny and are still going thru with the draft for his "off field antics"?

I'm going to withhold any type of judgment for smart. No I'm not. That fan is a tool. It does matter what he said to a 20yr old during a game. Smart was wrong. I'm sure he will learn. But a long suspension? No. Fan should be banned. A little league parent would be so f tard.
AggieJ2002
AG
You cant even compare Johnny to Smart ... JFF never laid his hands on a fan during a game ... there is a line that cant be crossed and Marcus Smart went well beyond it.

If you dont think this will drastically affect his draft stock, you are crazy.
Texas A&M
A Ron Artest Mini-me?
W
AG
not much may happen to Smart, because this Tech fan has a history
Deputy Travis Junior
That was a weak push. The kind that happens 100x/night at any given bar. I know you're not supposed to touch the fans but that was pretty damn innocuous. Making a huge deal out of it or suspending him=wussification of America.
Brock Sampson
AG
That tech tard is a jackass
BMX Bandit
funny people actually believe he dropped an N-bomb.

chances of that being true are almost zero
Tobias Funke
AG
Smart deserves suspension, but I wish he would have gotten his money's worth and punched this fat idiot in the mouth.
mazzag
AG
quote:
You cant even compare Johnny to Smart ... JFF never laid his hands on a fan during a game ... there is a line that cant be crossed and Marcus Smart went well beyond it.

If you dont think this will drastically affect his draft stock, you are crazy.

No Johnny never pushed a fan but remember all the criticism when he pushed the ga at the spring game? Fan was a tool.
Jacques
quote:
funny people actually believe he dropped an N-bomb.

chances of that being true are almost zero

Agreed.

He says something to smart to cause him to jump up. But what he says right before the jump is not the n word. And that's what instigates the push.

Smart is playing victim now. He'll have Jesse Jackson in Stillwater and the president on his side over this.
mazzag
AG
quote:
am i the only one who completely forgot Tubby was at tceh?

No. This makes it more interesting. Surely tard will disassociate themselves with their #1 fan.
N00B
Should have put him in the hospital
XL2Win
quote:
Surely tard will disassociate themselves with their #1 fan.

tech? Really? That won't happen. Period.
XL2Win
quote:
Is Orr crazy? No, he’s a perfectly normal Red Raider

From the tech website ...

Actually, I think they have it right ... he is normal, for a techtard.
R0GUE
AG
I saw something on a lesser known sports website (claiming twitter as a source), so obviously no corroboration or evidence, but they think Orr said something to the effect of "go back to a certain continent"...

[This message has been edited by R0GUE (edited 2/9/2014 10:12a).]
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
I saw something on a lesser known sports website (claiming twitter as a source), so obviously no corroboration or evidence, but they think Orr said something to the effect of "go back to a certain continent"...

Antarctica?
R0GUE
AG
Well it DOES start with the letter "A"
Captain Pablo
AG
Holy crap!!! He told him to go back to Australia?????

Why that low-down son of a so-and-so!!!
Bunk Moreland
yeah go back to africa seems to be the new accusation this morning.

Orr admits he said something he shouldn't have and he feels bad.

[This message has been edited by Bunk Moreland (edited 2/9/2014 10:41a).]
Brock Sampson
AG
He means he feels bad he was caught.

Tech AD said the "super fan" has never crossed the line before. Even after watching the incident with BD. Sounds about right
Heisenberg01
AG
Saw it reported that after Africa, he may or may not have dropped N at the end. I'm sure the different camps will take either side of the story. I'm sure the Africa line was dropped to cause Smart to confront him at which point the camera were not on him. Guys like Orr aren't going to say that with the player 6" from their face.
OldArmy71
AG
He said something first to get Smart to jump up and come at him as he did. He then looks as if he says "Go back to Africa" and then Smart gives him a little push.
Jacques
I read he told him "you're not my type ". Which fits doing a lip reading of it.
W
AG
it's going to be interesting to see how and if the media narrative changes. First it was all ripping on Smart, but the focus may change to the Tech fan as the media discovers his background
austinAG78748
OSU is holding a press conference and has made their decision looks to be a big suspension
R0GUE
AG
Here comes the obligatory "whoa whoa whoa everyone is rushing to conclusions article" from deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/go-back-to-africa-twitter-rumor-becomes-marcus-smart-1519336610?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Jacques
quote:
it's going to be interesting to see how and if the media narrative changes. First it was all ripping on Smart, but the focus may change to the Tech fan as the media discovers his background

He has a history of racism?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.