*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***
306,217 Views | 3675 Replies
Boozer92
2:32p, 3/30/24
Bases loaded again
aggieheart
2:34p, 3/30/24
Ump starts his 3rd strike calls before the ball reaches the plate. Made up his mind before the pitch is finished.
Anything close gets his showmanship call. Hope he calls it both ways.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Boozer92
2:35p, 3/30/24
As long as Kennedy gets the same wide zone I won't complain. The low pitch is getting the far river bank for now
Captn_Ag05
2:53p, 3/30/24
Even LSU announcer saying Kennedy is getting squeezed.
aggieheart
2:56p, 3/30/24
Great throw by Cotrill
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggieheart
2:57p, 3/30/24
I saw obstruction too. By rule only.
gambochaman
WHAT THE HELL

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL
LB12Diamond
LOLl

Whatever
Captn_Ag05
Total bull****
gambochaman
HOW IS THAT OBSTRUCTION??????
Ags83
2:58p, 3/30/24
are softball rules different than baseball?
LB12Diamond
2:58p, 3/30/24
In reply to gambochaman
One would think there would actually need to be some obstruction for obstruction call
Boozer92
2:59p, 3/30/24
Terrible call on review.
Captn_Ag05
2:59p, 3/30/24
I appreciate this LSU announcer's unbiased take so far.
gambochaman
3:00p, 3/30/24
What a load of garbage
Captn_Ag05
SEC review crew gifted LSU two runs. Horse ****
gambochaman
In reply to LB12Diamond
LB12Diamond said:

One would think there would actually need to be some obstruction for obstruction call

Right? Girl slid freely to the bag and was tagged 2-3 feet away from the bag

Unreal
Agdad081216
3:01p, 3/30/24
Meanwhile Kennedy has to throw extra pitches and l$u gets 2 free runs.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
LB12Diamond
In reply to gambochaman

AggieCrew44
Playing a top 10 team on the road and that kind of BS keeps them in the game. Insane
Boozer92
Zone gets tighter and ridiculous obstruction leads to 2 runs for the tigers. Need another crooked number inning.

Top of the zone appears to be below the belt. Adjust to that
aggieheart
3:03p, 3/30/24
Obstruction is asame in softball as baseball. Can't block the bag without possession of the ball unless in act of fielding the throw it caries you into the path. She was straddling the base path/base. Should have been positioned just in front of the bag. Legit call.
Astroag
3:04p, 3/30/24
In reply to aggieheart
aggieheart said:

Obstruction is asame in softball as baseball. Can't block the bag without possession of the ball unless in act of fielding the throw it caries you into the path. She was straddling the base path/base. Should have been positioned just in front of the bag. Legit call.

Straddling the bag = not blocking the bag….

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
aggieheart
3:06p, 3/30/24
In reply to Astroag
Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Same thing. Rule is to prevent collisions.
Astroag
3:08p, 3/30/24
In reply to aggieheart
aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

I understand what you are posting but it's not the same thing…hence there wasn't a collision

stoneca
3:08p, 3/30/24
In reply to aggieheart
aggieheart said:

I saw obstruction too. By rule only.
Curious as to what you saw that made you think there was obstruction.

I saw Koko straddling the bag. The LSU player slid between Koko's legs straight to the bag. Also, Koko had the ball in her possession and tagged the runner out a good 6-12 inches away from the bag!
aggieheart
3:12p, 3/30/24
In reply to Astroag
Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

I understand what you are posting but it's not the same thing…hence there wasn't a collision
It's not a result oriented call. It's a rule. It was applied correctly. At least this is how I was trained as an umpire, called as an umpire, and trained other umpires. If I am wrong then so is most of the umpiring world I know.
Boozer92
3:14p, 3/30/24
Under the revised rule, it is obstruction if the defensive player, while not in possession of the ball, does the following:

Blocks any part of the leading edge of first, second or third base or home plate.
Otherwise blocks the runner from advancing or returning to a base.
However, defensive players will not be called for obstruction if they are in possession of the ball or if they are making a legitimate reaction to the trajectory of the ball after it is thrown. Additionally, if in the umpire's judgment the runner would have clearly been out, then obstruction is ignored.
Sharpshooter
In reply to aggieheart
aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

It's not a result oriented call. It's a rule. It was applied correctly. At least this is how I was trained as an umpire, called as an umpire, and trained other umpires. If I am wrong then so is most of the umpiring world I know.
This. It is called and over with. Let's move on.
Astroag
In reply to aggieheart
aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Well that's pretty standard these days and historically, no?

I mean why else we need Robo umps?

stoneca
3:21p, 3/30/24
In reply to aggieheart
aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Even the announcers, LSU biased, said this rule needs to be changed. It is not being called the way the rule was intended. Seems like we get the raw deal way too many times!
aggieheart
3:22p, 3/30/24
In reply to Astroag
Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Further clarification in NCAA since last year: "The changes in the obstruction rule prohibit a defensive player who does not have the ball from blocking any part of the leading edge of the four bases or otherwise keeping the runner from advancing or returning to a base. It will not be obstruction if the defender has the ball or is making a legitimate play on a thrown ball."

Maybe that helps clear it up for you.
stoneca
3:23p, 3/30/24
In reply to aggieheart
aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Astroag said:

aggieheart said:

Further clarification in NCAA since last year: "The changes in the obstruction rule prohibit a defensive player who does not have the ball from blocking any part of the leading edge of the four bases or otherwise keeping the runner from advancing or returning to a base. It will not be obstruction if the defender has the ball or is making a legitimate play on a thrown ball."

Maybe that helps clear it up for you.
Check the replay! Koko had the ball in her possession BEFORE the base runner got there!
jt2hunt
3:25p, 3/30/24
Score
Boozer92
3:26p, 3/30/24
3-2 Ags Mid 5
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 20 of 106