Attendance is Up

12,451 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Detective Jake Peralta
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our season average currently sits at 5,648, which is good for 8th in the country behind Lsu, Ms St, Arky, OM, t.u., UofSC, and UF.

Previous seasons:
2023 - 5,577
2022 - 5,547
2021 - 1,474 (Covid Restrictions)
2020 - 4,695 (only 14 games)
2019 - 4,926
2018 - 5,026

With SEC weekends and regionals (ideally) coming, maybe we can push for a 6K average. We'd need to be around 6,185 the rest of the way to reach it. With crowds like last night, I don't see why not. Maybe that's the push the leadership in the AD needs to see to help move around the renovation plans.
The Marksman
AG
I think as long as this team keeps winning, we will have great attendance-hopefully around 7000-for the rest of the season. There's no reason Blue Bell Park shouldn't be full for conference play.
twk
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Our season average currently sits at 5,648, which is good for 8th in the country behind Lsu, Ms St, Arky, OM, t.u., UofSC, and UF.

Previous seasons:
2023 - 5,577
2022 - 5,547
2019 - 4,926
2018 - 5,026

With SEC weekends and regionals (ideally) coming, maybe we can push for a 6K average. We'd need to be around 6,185 the rest of the way to reach it. With crowds like last night, I don't see why not. Maybe that's the push the leadership in the AD needs to see to help move around the renovation plans.
I think the only push they need is some big donations. The added seats at Olsen will not pay for themselves, unless you figure in the one-time donations that might come from some folks who might be enticed to donate (in part) through the chance to get seats in new premium seating.
aeroag14
AG
Quote:

SEC baseball is just different. All top 8 in attendance in the country are SEC (or will be by this time next year).
imjustsayin
AG
So, is the only way to get actual seats to games buying them second hand from season ticket holders? The lawn seating situation is a mess, but an easy way to wildly swing capacity.
trouble
AG
Pretty much. You can get a seat in 202/203 if you get there early enough.
Luke The Drifter
AG
We just had 7,000+ for a Tuesday game during spring break. That's insane. If the Ags keep winning, tickets for SEC weekends will be nearly impossible to get.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

1. 7,000+

2. Tuesday game

3.spring break.

Those three items are the big story.
hunter2012
AG
I know that it's a dead horse but it still needs to be beaten. Decreasing capacity when the school is going through massive growth is one of the worst decisions that our Athletic Department has ever made.
W
AG
yes, yes, it was.

it was part of the mindset that decreased capacity equals more demand and thus more revenue
dermdoc
AG
hunter2012 said:

I know that it's a dead horse but it still needs to be beaten. Decreasing capacity when the school is going through massive growth is one of the worst decisions that our Athletic Department has ever made.
Agree. And fwiw, I was against it at the time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Chester
Farmer1906 said:

Previous seasons:
2023 - 5,577
2022 - 5,547
2019 - 4,926
2018 - 5,026

They need money to get Blue Bell renovated. Write a check!
Chester
jkag89
hunter2012 said:

While I don't disagree, two points: when the designs were done for the renovations we did not know we were going to the SEC and everyone hated the first base bleachers which is where Blue Bell Park lost most of its capacity in comparison to prerenovation Olsen Field.
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

hunter2012 said:

While I don't disagree, two points: when the designs were done for the renovations we did not know we were going to the SEC and everyone hated the first base bleachers which is where Blue Bell Park lost most of its capacity in comparison to prerenovation Olsen Field.
There's a lot of "grass is always greener" to this talk about Olsen and the old bleachers. State had two sets of those bleachers prior to their rebuild, and got rid of both of them. Their fans complain that there is not enough berm seating in the new park (when they get a big crowd, about 1/3 of that is actually having to stand). Florida has two large berms and the fans there apparently like them (the old ballpark at Florida, although concrete, was largely backless bleachers with no cover where fans baked in the sun). Given the trends in ballpark construction, and the limitations we had with resources, I understand why we did what we did. To me, the biggest mistake from the last renovation was putting the team facilities in the path of a seating expansion down the 3rd base line. I would really like a do over on that decision more than anything.
TheBonifaceOption
twk said:

jkag89 said:

hunter2012 said:

There's a lot of "grass is always greener" to this talk about Olsen and the old bleachers. State had two sets of those bleachers prior to their rebuild, and got rid of both of them. Their fans complain that there is not enough berm seating in the new park (when they get a big crowd, about 1/3 of that is actually having to stand). Florida has two large berms and the fans there apparently like them (the old ballpark at Florida, although concrete, was largely backless bleachers with no cover where fans baked in the sun). Given the trends in ballpark construction, and the limitations we had with resources, I understand why we did what we did. To me, the biggest mistake from the last renovation was putting the team facilities in the path of a seating expansion down the 3rd base line. I would really like a do over on that decision more than anything.
TBH, I dont think they care about capacity as much as Rev/SqFt.

The expansion down 3rd base line seems like it was calculated for alcohol and food sales rather than butts in the seats, or, heaven-forbid, an aesthetically pleasing design.
e=mc2
AG
Sit back and relax boys, I'm breaking out the checkbook!
PWR85
AG
Lot of empty seats behind home plate at Florida last night. Wonder if their head coach sent the bat signal out last night after winning a huge game at home?
PWR85
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

twk said:

jkag89 said:

hunter2012 said:

The expansion down 3rd base line seems like it was calculated for alcohol and food sales rather than butts in the seats, or, heaven-forbid, an aesthetically pleasing design.
If and when we do renovation/expansion, we will address increased capacity, improved aesthetics, reduced berms, different products for different price points (premium season tickets, clubs, loges, suites, regular season tickets, and 360 concourse/GA), and new student athlete and coaches facilities. All it will take is $80M+ and a likely reseating of BBP.
Farmer1906
AG
PWR85 said:

TheBonifaceOption said:

twk said:

jkag89 said:

hunter2012 said:

If and when we do renovation/expansion, we will address increased capacity, improved aesthetics, reduced berms, different products for different price points (premium season tickets, clubs, loges, suites, regular season tickets, and 360 concourse/GA), and new student athlete and coaches facilities. All it will take is $80M+ and a likely reseating of BBP.

Oh baby. I cannot wait.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The capacity was decreased in 2012, long before we got to a student enrollment in the 60,00's and now the 70,000's. With that said, are we seeing a demand from the students for more seating options because there is not enough inventory?

I also think that "our" suite market is just about maxed out. Maybe 4-6 more, but that would be it. Maybe…
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Farmer1906
AG
Avg is now 5,767. We had a strong Friday & Saturday, but Wednesday & Thursday were down.

Shoefly!
AG
twk said:

jkag89 said:

hunter2012 said:

I haven't seen the renovation plans, are the bullpens, batting cages going under the outfield structures and bleachers?
Farmer1906
AG
Soft midweekend showing (4784), but we had just under 20K at the ballpark this weekend (19,614) and the average is now up to 5,831.

We will need to average ~6250 per game to hit the 6k mark this season... before regionals.
EMY92
AG
Thur-Sat series hut attendance. So far, both of our home SEC series have been Thur-Sat. I recall one year where we had only 2 Fri-Sun series in conference play.
jkag89
We're only going to have two Fri/Sat/Sun home SEC series this season also. (Vandy and Georgia)
EMY92
AG
Looking at the other SEC West schools. The final series for all schools is Thur-Sat. So, that leaves 4 other home SEC series for schools that have home series the final week.

Arkansas - 3 start on Friday, 2 start on Thursday
LSU - 3 start on Friday, 2 start on Thursday
MSU - 4 start on Friday, 1 starts on Thursday
Ole Miss - 4 start on Friday, 1 starts on Thursday
Auburn - 2 start on Friday, 3 start on Thursday
Alabama - 3 start on Friday, 2 start on Thursday

Only A&M & Auburn have 2 home series that start on Friday in SEC play. I recall the last time this happened, A&M was one of the few schools that had a similar schedule.
Farmer1906
AG
RED AG 98
AG
Schloss mentioned a bigger stadium again in his postgame. Something like "no reason Mississippi St and LSU have 2 times what we do…"
Not anything we haven't heard him say before but still, it's on his mind. I hope there's a campaign soon to take advantage of this current momentum.
gougler08
AG
It was packed last night, 3 deep SRO across the place
Sean98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Schloss mentioned a bigger stadium again in his postgame. Something like "no reason Mississippi St and LSU have 2 times what we do…"
Not anything we haven't heard him say before but still, it's on his mind. I hope there's a campaign soon to take advantage of this current momentum.
It was in context of recruiting Tanner and whether he used the "come play in front of a packed house" and he said he didn't because he was also being recruited by Arkie and State who have double our capacity. It's definitely on his mind and it should be.

If we can get 12k for a ratty ass basketball game we should be able to get 50k for a baseball game. (That's just my daily jab of hatred at the dirty Canadian plot of bouncy ball)

I'd think 10k is a realistic number for the park.
90ags
Part of Schloss strategy....keeps calling out fans to get to the stadium on a wkly basis for home games (almost specifically by section at times). It's to get folks to the stadium for home field advantage (obviously), but he's pushing for larger stadium by trying to show we can sell this out and be at over-capacity.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
The Marksman
AG
Don't mean to be a downer or anything, but we really need renovations or I see Schloss leaving Aggieland. He's made it very clear that he was promised expansion and considers it a priority; if we don't give it to him, someone else will. Again, not trying to spread rumors or anything, but I just think this is how things stand realistically.
v1rotate92
AG
Season ticket holders behind home plate are listening to Schloss. I was up in CS and finished my work early and decided I'd try to get a ticket for Vandy Friday. The ticket office only had right field section 12. I didn't want to stare at sun so I hung out front and as an old Ag approached, I asked him politely if I could buy any extra tickets he had. He had one, row three behind home plate just behind Luicci. His daughter commented that they want to fill unused seats per schloss.
Slick
20ag07
Quote:

Don't mean to be a downer or anything, but we really need renovations or I see Schloss leaving Aggieland. He's made it very clear that he was promised expansion and considers it a priority; if we don't give it to him, someone else will. Again, not trying to spread rumors or anything, but I just think this is how things stand realistically.
This is some hand-wringing.

We don't, in 2024, lose coaches due to facilities.

And Schloss had no issues recruiting one of the best teams in the country into ours.

He's not going anywhere. He's just fundraising.
RED AG 98
AG
Full agree. I don't know the priority order, but in 2024 things I imagine are important to Schloss and the players are NIL, player facilities, and stadium atmosphere. Capacity is an element of atmosphere, but we absolutely cannot neglect the other try to get this done. We have to do all of them.

Also fwiw Gavin and Jace both retweeted thw tweet in OP with some comment along the lines of best fans in the nation.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.