Attendance is Up

12,161 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Farmer1906
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have to think Schloss (and all of us who want a much bigger stadium) couldn't have asked for better timing with Trev Albert coming in at the start of SEC play.

While an incumbent AD might find excuses to drag their feet, I'm hopeful TA will make this a high priority based on 1) what he's seeing at Olsen and every weekend and 2) wanting to win over every championship-caliber coach he can.
Maroon Flash
AG
Keep winning like this and we may be able to justify the largest baseball stadium in the SEC. Baseball is just as big in Texas as every other SEC state.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
After that huge wekeend the season average is now 5,990. It looks like we'll cruise past 6K. The "new goal" would be to pass Florida. They sit at 6,142.I wouldn't be shocked to see their attendance drop a little with how disappointing their season has been.
Farmer1906
AG
A solid midweek game brings us up to 5,978. The average will crack 6k this weekend.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

A solid midweek game brings us up to 5,978. The average will crack 6k this weekend.

That Arkansas attendance might beat Vandy weekend if both teams stay 1 and 2

Although students leaving for summer could have an impact
Luke The Drifter
AG
Did you see the attendance number for the Tuesday night game vs. SHSU during spring break?
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
tjack16
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Did you see the attendance number for the Tuesday night game vs. SHSU during spring break?

Oh yeah… I was there for it. Truly wild for a spring break midweek
Mister Mystery Guest
The top attendance figure for Alex Box was 13,068 vs. Tenn. on March 30, 2023.

Dudy Noble field holds the current NCAA on-campus single-game attendance record with an impressive 16,423 fans.
SchizoAg
AG
hunter2012 said:

I know that it's a dead horse but it still needs to be beaten. Decreasing capacity when the school is going through massive growth is one of the worst decisions that our Athletic Department has ever made.
I don't know. They've made some real doozies.
Luke The Drifter
AG
SchizoAg said:

hunter2012 said:

I know that it's a dead horse but it still needs to be beaten. Decreasing capacity when the school is going through massive growth is one of the worst decisions that our Athletic Department has ever made.
I don't know. They've made some real doozies.

Yea...decreasing capacity at Olsen probably doesn't even crack the top 25 worst decisions the athletic department has ever made. Maybe not even the top 50.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Farmer1906
AG

Season Average is up to 6,139!

Florida is only at 6,190. We may be able to catch them and move to 7th nationally.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Amazing!

Luke The Drifter
AG
We should have a decent crowd for Tarleton, but I bet the Rice attendance will dip quite a bit. The Arkansas weekend should be insane - especially if we handle our business vs. Ole Miss and LSU. I suspect the Arkansas games will produce our largest weekend attendance ever.

RED AG 98
AG
Do we know the top weekend total? I wonder if we have a chance to break it versus Arkansas or if it requires a different stadium configuration or ? Either way, Arkansas weekend is going to be insane. I only wish the Troubadour Festival didn't conflict with the game...
Farmer1906
AG
Per the Media Guide

The top Weekend was the 1999 Super Regional vs Clemson - 22,879.

Post Renovation the Largest was vs Arkansas in 2022 - 20,000.

We seemed to have topped that multiple times.

Its time to set our sights on the highest single games.
1. 8,847 vs tu in 2003
2. 8,452 vs tu in 1999
3. 8,343 vs tu in 2009
4. 8,230 vs BU in 1999
5. 8,123 vs tu in 2010.

If we get more bleachers in LF, I think it can be done.
TroubadourFestival
Sponsor
RED AG 98 said:

Do we know the top weekend total? I wonder if we have a chance to break it versus Arkansas or if it requires a different stadium configuration or ? Either way, Arkansas weekend is going to be insane. I only wish the Troubadour Festival didn't conflict with the game...
With the Saturday game being at 2:00, the hope is folks come over to catch the main stage show after the game. That's the date that was provided to us by the University, so we had to go with it. We're hoping to see a lot of fans join us after!
RED AG 98
AG
TroubadourFestival said:

RED AG 98 said:

With the Saturday game being at 2:00, the hope is folks come over to catch the main stage show after the game. That's the date that was provided to us by the University, so we had to go with it. We're hoping to see a lot of fans join us after!
It's all good and I meant no ill will torward you folks. I know scheduling is hard, I just hate having to choose between two conflicting awesome things. I bought BBQ + Music tickets for my son '26 and I the day they were announced and we plan to be there. Game 3 vs Pig is still tbd .
RED AG 98
AG
Official attendance last night was 5919. Pretty incredible for a Tuesday game versus Tarleton. Assuming Farmer's 6139 average above in 30 games is correct, the average is now 6132 with 4 home games left (Rice + 3x Arkansas).

We need just under 20k fans in the last 4 games (4977 per game) to average 6k, so that's pretty much a given.

To pass Florida's current average of 6190, we need just 26.5k in the last 4 which is an average of only 6640. It's going to be really close but I think we can get there. 5K for Rice and 7500 for Arkie would do it. Florida also has 7 home games remaining (UT this weekend; USF Tuesday; and UK the following weekend), so they have more opportunities for their season average to move.
Farmer1906
AG
Accurate, except UF is now 6,134. Even more attainable.
RED AG 98
AG
Noice
Farmer1906
AG
I know we've been looking at averages, but total attendance is important too, especially when thinking about revenue. As of now, we're at 190,093 in total - 7th best.

Going back to last year we finished just under 5K short of 200K. And in 2022 with the help of regionals and supers we still fell 309 short of 200K.

This year we'll smash 200K. We have 4 games left plus a potential 2 to 8 more depending on how regionals & supers play out. Topping 250K isn't a crazy thought.

Think about the potential revenue increase. An extra 60,000 tickets sold at $10 a pop is 600K.
BiochemAg97
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I know we've been looking at averages, but total attendance is important too, especially when thinking about revenue. As of now, we're at 190,093 in total - 7th best.

Going back to last year we finished just under 5K short of 200K. And in 2022 with the help of regionals and supers we still fell 309 short of 200K.

This year we'll smash 200K. We have 4 games left plus a potential 2 to 8 more depending on how regionals & supers play out. Topping 250K isn't a crazy thought.

Think about the potential revenue increase. An extra 60,000 tickets sold at $10 a pop is 600K.

Gonna need a bigger stadium.
Maroon Flash
AG
"An extra 60,000 tickets sold at $10 a pop is 600K."

Add in the concessions and may be significantly more. This is truly a case of "build it and they will come"! Hope PTB are thinking big on this.

And this is neglecting the invaluable positive publicity the baseball program is bringing to the school. The sports programs are truly the "front porch" of the university.
RED AG 98
AG
This UF day game vs UT is EMPTY..... we gonna blow by them with ease.
RED AG 98
AG
TMF announces new Olsen Field Renovation Study.

Supposedly a new $$ number going to the BOR next week.
twk
AG
RED AG 98 said:

The attendance figures are based on tickets sold. I would imagine that they sold a lot of tickets to this game for last night, so the announced attendance will be a lot higher than the actual attendance.
RED AG 98
AG
yeah, good point
BiochemAg97
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Send out the survey as the $$ number for the project goes to BOR. presumably, they have a pretty good idea of what they are going to build to have a price tag.
greg.w.h
AG
$250 million. Build from ground up.
RED AG 98
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Send out the survey as the $$ number for the project goes to BOR. presumably, they have a pretty good idea of what they are going to build to have a price tag.
I think last time it was $65M. Can only assume it's going up and not down if there are going back...
RED AG 98
AG
twk said:

RED AG 98 said:

The attendance figures are based on tickets sold. I would imagine that they sold a lot of tickets to this game for last night, so the announced attendance will be a lot higher than the actual attendance.
Game 1: no official attendance figure in the box score
Game 2; box says 6326.

The short recap says "official combined attendance of 6326."

I just checked and we reported both games separately for the DH vs UGA. However Bama did the same, only reporting in the 2nd game box and using a combined number in the recap.

Either way, this is a low number and we're going to pass them.
twk
AG
We cleared the stadium, thus, two numbers. Florida has a good season ticket base; it's just a question of how many folks show up for the berm in a given game.
Farmer1906
AG
The latest report shows UF now at 5,964. Next up is U of SC with about 1000 more than us per game.

Another 250ish more seats were added for the final 6+ games. I am not complaining but I wonder why we don't double them up and put some between the scoreboard and fair pole.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.