*****Aggies vs. Mississippi State - Friday*****

53,444 Views | 859 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Amazing Moves
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swimmerbabe11 said:

I think you should just keep testing out new cute bubble machines
I'm going to kick you off the Eeyore Couch if you continue to advise trouble not to follow her instincts.
swimmerbabe11
my pitcher pitched a complete game shutout with 15 strikeouts in front of his mom who is battling cancer. I have good will towards everyone right now!!!!
swimmerbabe11
SHE SENDS YOU A SUGGESTION AND YOU LIKE IT, I SHOW CUTE BUBBLE MACHINES AND YOU ACCUSE ME OF TRYING TO HEX TOU!!!!
trouble
AG
I'm not going to buy that one either
jkag89
swimmerbabe11 said:

my pitcher pitched a complete game shutout with 15 strikeouts in front of his mom who is battling cancer. I have good will towards everyone right now!!!!
I watched most of your game tonight since ESPN would not let me sign on to SEC+ for most of the night. Happy the Frogs won. I hope you sweep the Pokes! I hates Okies State baseball almost more than sippie baseball.
Quote:

SHE SENDS YOU A SUGGESTION AND YOU LIKE IT, I SHOW CUTE BUBBLE MACHINES AND YOU ACCUSE ME OF TRYING TO HEX TOU!!!!
I was criticizing you for advising trouble to keep trying the one she used tonight, not a possible alternative. Still happy she is rejecting that on also.
swimmerbabe11
ohh no, I was suggesting replacement wands, not to keep using the OG
BLSmith04
AG
Strike One said:

If Jace doesn't start getting more base hits and doubles soon, I might want to see Appel bat 2nd, and then Braden and Jace in the 3 hole and clean-up positions. I'm not saying that Jace isn't producing with the HRs he's hit, but imo Jace needs to get his focus back as his batting average has dropped about 20-30 points over the last 2 weeks and now he's had 2 straight games without getting on base. It's good seeing Ali hitting well again and he is really lining some balls hard both to left field and to right.
Yeah it seems like he's mostly been hitting fly balls recently. Now, some of those have enough power to clear the fence, but most of them don't. I'd like to see him hit a lot more line drives.
Killzone3abc
AG
As I said we hit several balls that would have been out of the park with a slightly more favorable wind. I can't recall a game outside of the Rhode Island series where we won without heavily relying on the long ball. DH is a black hole. I don't think Kent is, but he's not been hitting well at all since conference play started. Just need to see him clean it up like I believe he can. I don't feel like the order is correct yet tbh, but that's not something I expect much agreement on.
RED AG 98
AG
jkag89 said:

RED AG 98 said:

100% chance it will be 4+
You lied to me. I don't know who to trust anymore.

If you re-read what I wrote, I said 100% chance that 4+ runs win the game. State already had 4 runs so while maybe not your interpretation, I most definitely did not lie to you. I would not do that.
jkag89
That is a wishy washy politicians type response.

RED AG 98
AG
It was a fact then and it is a fact now that 4 or more runs was going to win. What am I missing?
jkag89
Quote:

As I said we hit several balls that would have been out of the park with a slightly more favorable wind.
When I was mentioning barreled up balls tonight, I was not only talking about those that died on the warning track. Jace smoked a couple of balls that would not be homers wind or no wind. Still he hit them hard and he wasn't the only one. In other words, we were not popping the ball up a lot or hitting a bunch of lazy fly balls tonight or at least no more than State.
Quote:

I can't recall a game outside of the Rhode Island series where we won without heavily relying on the long ball
I suggest you look through the box scores. Would it surprise you that we hit only 4 home runs in the Wagner series? Or there was only one Aggie HR in the Sunday ASU game? Sure it was a grand slam but that means six of the ten were plated by other means. Or that it was Sam that scored the bulk of their runs via the HR not the Aggies a couple of Tuesdays ago? Just because a team hits a bunch of HRs does not mean they are overly reliant upon them. Was State overly reliant upon the home run ball tonight? More than half their runs came via the long ball. Despite all traffic on the bases, 19 hitters reached base in all and with only two innings where they did not reach base, they only scored in one inning.
Quote:

DH is a black hole.
Has Schloss been insistent on using only a batter or two in this spot? It is not as if he is being pigheaded. I guess one could argue he is not giving the hitters enough of an opportunity the prove themselves in the role.

Quote:

I don't feel like the order is correct. . . .
It is every baseball fans right to think about how they would tinker with the lineup. We all have our theories in what would be the most potent lineup and those who have proposed their lineups here have generally had a sound reasoning behind them. On the other hand, none of us have the luxury of seeing these hitters outside of actual games. If Schloss was not a proven winner, I'd be a little more open to those who question our lineup construction.
grover1263
Holy s*** that was a great answer!!
Bloc323
phatty26 said:

SDao isn't fooling anyone. He has been rocked since Tu game.
Schloss going to him was so dumb.
Bloc323
phatty26 said:

greg.w.h said:

Sdao doesn't usually hang those…

Where have you been his last three games. He's been rocked.
Schloss might've been asleep those games. I wonder if Weiner is who chooses who to pitch next or not.
jkag89
Oh boy, oh boy. A "rookie" troll!
Killzone3abc
AG
jkag89 said:

Quote:

As I said we hit several balls that would have been out of the park with a slightly more favorable wind.
When I was mentioning barreled up balls tonight, I was not only talking about those that died on the warning track. Jace smoked a couple of balls that would not be homers wind or no wind. Still he hit them hard and he wasn't the only one. In other words, we were no popping the ball up a lot or hitting a bunch of lazy fly balls tonight or at least no more than State.
Quote:

I can't recall a game outside of the Rhode Island series where we won without heavily relying on the long ball
I suggest you look through the box scores. Would it surprise you that we hit only 4 home runs in the Wagner series? Or there was only one Aggie HR in the Sunday ASU game? Sure it was a grand slam but that means six of the ten were plated by other means. Or that it was Sam that scored the bulk of their runs via the HR not the Aggies a couple of Tuesdays ago? Just because a team hits a bunch of HRs does not mean they are overly reliant upon them. Was State overly reliant upon the home run ball tonight? More than half their runs came via the long ball. Despite all traffic on the bases, 19 hitters reached base in all and with only two innings where they did not reach base, they only scored in one inning.
Quote:

DH is a black hole.
Has Schloss been insistent on using only a batter or two in this spot? It is not as if he is being pigheaded. I guess one could argue he is not giving the hitters enough of an opportunity the prove themselves in the role.

Quote:

I don't feel like the order is correct. . . .
It is every baseball fans right to think about how they would tinker with the lineup. We all have our theories in what would be the most potent lineup and those who have proposed their lineups here have generally had a sound reasoning behind them. On the other hand, none of us have the luxury of seeing these hitters outside of actual games. If Schloss was not a proven winner, I'd be a little more open to those who question our lineup construction.

I watch most of these games and even score some of them. I didn't say we only hit lazy flies. We barreled up several that were at the track or smoked right at guys. Sometimes that happens, but a trend I see (and it's possible I'm just not seeing it right) is that we have a tendency right now to be boom or bust lately. I didn't watch much of the Wagener series as I had exams around that time I was studying for, but they are by far the worst team we've played so I don't put too much stock into that series. The ASU game we had some solid hitting outside the HR (which was great and what I want to see), but it was also the difference in that game. 4 of our 8 runs against Sam Houston came from 3 HRs between Gavin and Jace. 5 of Sam's 8 were from 2 HRs. I'm not sure. I can't judge Mississippi States reliance on HRs off 2 games. Certainly neither team had much clutch hitting tonight. DH is a black hole because nobody has been particularly productive there. Idk what the solution is at this point. He's tried several guys and Hank has been the only one to have consistently decent ABs against better competition, but he doesn't have much to show for it. I'm well aware Schloss has more insight into who should be playing and where. Like I said I didn't expect much agreement on that front. I appreciate the well thought out reply and I certainly hope you're correct and im wrong on our reliance on HRs.
Killzone3abc
AG
Go away. You're commentary isn't helpful or remotely insightful.
jkag89
I agree recently (last five or six games) we've been a little too reliant on the HR in that most of our run production is via the HR. However, in this day in age when I hear people say this (and maybe I'm making the wrong assumption here) that they are thinking we have a lineup full of "three true outcome hitters." either we hit a HR, K or walk. Overall I don't think this is true nor do I see it in most of our box scores. Yes their are games where we hit home runs in bunches, a lot of these games we're also plating runners by other means. In other words I don't think our hitters are home run happy and as such failing in RISP situations because of it. IMO, overall our approach at the plate is solid, could be improved, but solid. In other words, I don't think we have a line up of Joey Gallos.

Now my solutions for the DH blackhole. Have Jace, Monty, Gavin and Appel rotate as DH for one game a week. Problemed solved! .
Amazing Moves
The pitching is up and down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.