Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

23,409 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by ChoppinDs40
mAgnoliAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hail in Kennedale for a few minutes
gabehcoud
mAgnoliAg said:

Hail in Kennedale for a few minutes

Came to post this. Neighbor's car is dented all to hell (hail)
mAgnoliAg
AG
Etiquette question. There were three of us in the office at the time. 2 of us haul ass across to the car wash and get spots leaving 1 spot open (for the 3rd person female by the way if that changes anything). She pulls in and somebody peels from the street into that spot right in front of her. She now is silent treatment to us and told the owner of company that we blocked her out. Did we do anything wrong?
Robert C. Christian
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Etiquette question. There were three of us in the office at the time. 2 of us haul ass across to the car wash and get spots leaving 1 spot open (for the 3rd person female by the way if that changes anything). She pulls in and somebody peels from the street into that spot right in front of her. She now is silent treatment to us and told the owner of company that we blocked her out. Did we do anything wrong?
Besides taking up spots at the carwash? No.
ChoppinDs40
AG
came down here in Prosper pretty good for a bit. Glad I top dressed my lawn this week. This rain should settle it all down and kick the lawn into overdrive.
drewser95
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Surely the car wash didn't miss out on any revenue during a hailstorm?

Robert C. Christian
AG
drewser95 said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Surely the car wash didn't miss out on any revenue during a hailstorm?

Well, you couldn't drive it in the storm to get washed off.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I threw down grass seed yesterday (see HI forum if you want more details). Expecting at least half an inch today -- got less than a fifth of that. Everyone else, it seems, got a monsoon.
beatlesphan
AG
Only 0.07 in Farmers Branch. Surely we'll all get more Sat night/Sun morning
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Upgraded to level 3/5 for DFW today. Northwest counties 4/5
FTAG 2000
AG
Don't see much forming before 6. Stay tuned
TAMUallen
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Don't see much forming before 6. Stay tuned

Starting to form out near Wichita Falls with maybe a weak front line trying to materialize ahead of it
The Collective
AG
No day time heating here, sun hasn't been out at all west of FW. Maybe we just get a line tonight when the dry line marches east?
FTAG 2000
AG
Nothing during the day. This is going to be one of those annoying and loud 3-5 AM severe squall lines rolling through with high winds, hail. The ones that wake up all the pets and kids and keep them up until the sun comes up and ruins your morning.
mAgnoliAg
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Nothing during the day. This is going to be one of those annoying and loud 3-5 AM severe squall lines rolling through with high winds, hail. The ones that wake up all the pets and kids and keep them up until the sun comes up and ruins your morning.

Not to mention not knowing to prepare outside vehicle for hail or not
Wheatables02
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Not to mention not knowing to prepare outside vehicle for hail or not

Not to mention I've got a ten am flight out of LUV tomorrow and I've flown 3 times for my job in 17 years…
TAMUallen
AG
The line is really growing and strengthening. Does not look good. Moving so slowly!
TAMUallen
AG
Phat32
AG
OK getting rocked
FTAG 2000
AG
Five different PDS tornado warnings north of here. Goodness.
FTAG 2000
AG
If you know anyone in Ardmore, Springer, or Sulfur OK check on them.

All three towns hit by PDS tornados in the last 30 minutes.
gabehcoud
funny post self edit. didn't see the tornado post
wangus12
AG
Line still looking to hit DFW around 3?
FTAG 2000
AG
wangus12 said:

Line still looking to hit DFW around 3?

Models show the big squall line hitting in the 3-5 timeframe

The thing to watch right now is the line of storms ahead of the squall line that seem to be popping along a north south Ada OK to Haslet Tx line. Seems to be some lift there and everything turning as it goes up.

That line, which appears to be along a boundary, will be getting here around 1-2. The way every storm spins up and goes tornado warned within about 30 minutes of forming is concerning.
wangus12
AG
Dang. Wife and I are at a concert in Dallas that'll go till 2. Was hoping to get back to McKinney before things start popping off
Eliminatus
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Five different PDS tornado warnings north of here. Goodness.
S. Oklahoma and that little chunk of Texas up there by Wichita Falls is getting rocked hard. Was watching the debris fields on doppler a few minutes ago. Some people's live are being changed forever tonight.
FTAG 2000
AG
wangus12 said:

Dang. Wife and I are at a concert in Dallas that'll go till 2. Was hoping to get back to McKinney before things start popping off

So far the cap is keeping anything from getting tall here in dfw. Not spinning until it gets to the highway 82 area. No guarantees it stays that way. But holding so far.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
wangus12 said:

Uhhh I didn't know concerts went that late holy smokes
wangus12
AG
I lied. It's not a concert. My wife listens to EDM and these damn DJs don't even start till like midnight. I'm just here to people watch, weather watch and drive her home
FTAG 2000
AG
I'd say if you get awoken by a severe thunderstorm warning, pull up radar. If it's ahead of the big squall line you need to assume it's going to go tornadic. Doesn't mean it will have a tornado but you're gonna catch crazy winds at a minimum.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Sound like you're close to our age range. My wife still kinda likes that stuff haha
TAMUallen
AG
Won't know till morning but it was supposed to be severe tornado in Sulphur OK. Possibly as many as three tornados hit the area. Some tweets saying Sulphur is gone

Minor cussing in video below
TAMUallen
AG
https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0557.html

95% chance we get a tornado watch soon

Confirmed:

CashinOut
AG
Getting closer..

Anyone else staying awake for this line to come through?
Eliminatus
AG
Not seeing the formation of any significant supercells forming before the main QLCS, which lowers the chances of tornados on the ground. Most of what we saw in OK just now was from those supercells forming and pushing before the line. I just watched the one lil flair up around Denton potentially die out on NWS radar and don't think the conditions are right to sustain those kind of offshoots. Which is good news for us as those can get real bad, real fast. Just have to deal with the main line from what I can tell right now with free radar. So not betting the farm on that either.

I am still new-ish to this area and it does seem this system is moving a lot slower than what I am used to so we might get soaked for a bit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.