***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***
144,694 Views | 3290 Replies
zgolfz85
10:28a, 2/23/24
I actually thought the nrkic steal at mid court was not a foul. Luka didn't see him coming and got swiped and fell down. He definitely got fouled on the drive down after though
shack009
10:31a, 2/23/24
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

I actually thought the nrkic steal at mid court was not a foul. Luka didn't see him coming and got swiped and fell down. He definitely got fouled on the drive down after though

I agree. The Nurkic play is sometimes called, but if that were my team on defense, I would hate that call.

There were at least three more times where Luka should have gone to the FT line on drives to the basket.

The foul call on PJ as Durant is taking a 15 foot fadeaway was abhorrent.
zgolfz85
10:39a, 2/23/24
PJ getting *****ed out after royce pushed him into kd's leg was so so dumb….and I really didn't need more reason to hate Royce O'Neale
shack009
10:42a, 2/23/24
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

PJ getting *****ed out after royce pushed him into kd's leg was so so dumb….and I really didn't need more reason to hate Royce O'Neale

Royce made his first 3 and I was like here we go. Then he proceeded to do his standard 2/8 lol.

But of course the Suns would be the team that trades for him.

Probably the most overrated guy labeled 3 and D in the entire league, and he's so annoying.
Grapesoda2525
12:41p, 2/23/24

Mavs security looks bad on this one. Was it a racial slur? No……. Was it a threat of violence? No.

Ok…… fans should be able to talk a little trash.
Guitarsoup
1:09p, 2/23/24
Should never be ejected from an NBA game for speaking the truth.
shack009
1:24p, 2/23/24
I guess we are supposed to give KD props for not having the fans removed (because he knew it would be compared to Luka the last time)? KD is the one that made a whole scene of it to begin with..

All sorts of stuff gets said at players and he gets upset at being called a *****? Pretty weird.
M.C. Swag
1:47p, 2/23/24
In reply to shack009
If you're gonna call someone a ***** when they're walking away from you, you better have that same energy when they're walking towards you. Terrible look for mavs fans.
hph6203
2:11p, 2/23/24
In reply to shack009
Hot take. All of the people that yell that kind of **** at players are trash and I don't care if they're harmed by their own mouth.
shack009
2:18p, 2/23/24
In reply to hph6203
hph6203 said:

Hot take. All of the people that yell that kind of **** at players are trash and I don't care if they're harmed by their own mouth.
Completely agree and I would have been fine if they were tossed from the stadium. Don't say anything to one of these players that you wouldn't say to them alone in an alley. Plus it's a sports stadium, there are kids around. My kids are only allowed to hear my wife call Luka that
(its fun to live with a Suns fan when we win).

Now on the other side, KD stepped up to them. So he drew extra attention to it. Nobody would have cared or noticed if KD didn't turn around and walk up to them. He should probably have thicker skin. There isn't enough time in the world for him to have a discussion with everyone who thinks he is a ***** lol.
Grapesoda2525
2:41p, 2/23/24
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

I guess we are supposed to give KD props for not having the fans removed (because he knew it would be compared to Luka the last time)? KD is the one that made a whole scene of it to begin with..

All sorts of stuff gets said at players and he gets upset at being called a *****? Pretty weird.
KD has notoriously thin skin. The guy actually spends lots of time on Twitter defending himself against random NBA fans thru burner accounts.
shack009
2:42p, 2/23/24
In reply to Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525 said:

shack009 said:

KD has notoriously thin skin. The guy actually spends lots of time on Twitter defending himself against random NBA Twitter fans thru burner accounts.
Yep. That's why he couldn't sue the fans for defamation because you can use the truth as a defense.
shack009
9:46p, 2/23/24
Suns lose to the Rockets.
Proposition Joe
8:31a, 2/24/24
In reply to shack009
They are both *****es in this situation. KD should understand it's part of the job and walk away, but a fan shouldn't think because they paid for a ticket they can just lob **** like that at players.
shack009
10:12a, 2/24/24
Kevin O'Connor and Chris Vernon both have the mavs as their most interesting team to watch down the stretch. Talking about how dominant Luka and Kyrie have been in the past 7 games and how great all the pieces now fit.

Verno brought up that the Mavs are one of four teams (and the only good team) to have 0 lineups that have combined for 100 minutes, so the mavs could only get better from here. Really exciting stuff for us and the media, at least smart basketball people, are starting to take notice.
shack009
4:06p, 2/25/24
Let's see how long it takes the Mavs to match Aggie Baseball.
shack009
4:15p, 2/25/24
Luka knows how bad the Pacers are at defense and is going for 70 again. They are guarding him with Mathurin, so I don't blame him.
shack009
4:21p, 2/25/24
THJ still a first off the bench guy...
shack009
4:48p, 2/25/24
8-0 run after Kidd called a TO. Don't tell him he can control the game though.
gigem1223
4:59p, 2/25/24
Always feels like Turner kills us
mavsfan4ever
5:12p, 2/25/24
Man pj Washington sucks on offense. He should never shoot but if he dribbles or passes it's a likely turnover.
shack009
5:18p, 2/25/24
They've made 6 more shots than us and we have missed a lot of easy shots inside 5 feet, but we are still in it. Not saying I love our chances, but this can be turned around.
gigem1223
5:20p, 2/25/24
We'll get back in this if Ky and/ or THJ can wake up. I'd prefer THJ just sit personally.
shack009
5:20p, 2/25/24
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

Always feels like Turner kills us

He does and so does Siakam, but luckily that hasn't happened yet.

Will be interesting to see against Toronto this week if it's that team that has our number or if it was just Siakam.
gigem1223
5:27p, 2/25/24
Zero energy on the defensive side
gigem1223
5:53p, 2/25/24
PJ is just awful offensively
gigem1223
5:54p, 2/25/24
Kyrie willing them back
shack009
5:55p, 2/25/24
It makes no sense because in Charlotte he was considered a solid scorer and a bad defender. Here, he's been basically elite at defense and bad at offense, though he's obviously playing a much different role. I bet it comes around.
gigem1223
5:56p, 2/25/24
In reply to shack009
He just looks like he has no confidence at all when the ball is in his hands.
shack009
5:59p, 2/25/24
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

He just looks like he has no confidence at all when the ball is in his hands.

It probably has something to do with feeling pressure to make a play when it comes to him because he's touching it so much less than he was in Charlotte.

It's a minor concern for me right now, but definitely worth monitoring for bigger concern potential. He still had a nice floater earlier in the game on a PNR with Luka. He is showing flashes even in a bad game.
shack009
6:00p, 2/25/24
Other than Turner, it's all backups beating us…
gigem1223
6:01p, 2/25/24
Doesn't look like it's in the cards. Too many hot shooters for the Pacers this evening.
mavsfan4ever
He has shot terrible this entire year from 3. So it's a big concern to me. And he looks scared to even touch the ball now which is a bigger concern.
mavsfan4ever
In reply to shack009
Yep. But to be fair they are wide ass open every shot.
shack009
6:16p, 2/25/24
Nice piece of humble pie served up tonight. Let's regroup with a chance for 2 wins in 2 days.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 32 of 95
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings