***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***
144,676 Views | 3290 Replies
shack009
4:00p, 7/1/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Expected him back but 3 years???? I'm assuming that's still the minimum.
mavsfan4ever
4:14p, 7/1/23
Yea wasn't expecting 3 years. But he's reliable for a backup center. Hell, last year he was our best option and won us some games with his hustle. So don't have a big problem with it.
Guitarsoup
4:16p, 7/1/23
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

Expected him back but 3 years???? I'm assuming that's still the minimum.

3y12 isn't the min.
NoahAg
4:19p, 7/1/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

I guess Seth Curry was the big free agent signing

Well also that Kyrie guy.
zgolfz85
4:20p, 7/1/23
So does this affect our mle or anything?
shack009
4:20p, 7/1/23
He's just there to groom Lively but not be too threatening for playing time next year and the year after. If he can put his work ethic in to Lively's frame and ability then it's money well spent.
shack009
5:21p, 7/1/23
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

So does this affect our mle or anything?

We don't have access to it right now, I don't think. We need to make a move to get off THJ and Javale.

The real question is are there any MLE-level players that we would want. Dillon Brooks and possibly Grant Williams (restricted). They could make more than the MLE or they could be stay-aways in the eyes of our FO given their personalities.
shack009
5:25p, 7/1/23

Rockets giving $8 mil/yr to a guy that got to run PnR with Chris Paul and Booker all year. That Sengun and Landale combo…
shack009
5:28p, 7/1/23

Oh dang, I missed this earlier. Rockets going for play-in or bust.
Guitarsoup
5:28p, 7/1/23
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

Rockets giving $8 mil/yr to a guy that got to run PnR with Chris Paul and Booker all year. That Sengun and Landale combo…
Anytime you can give $35mm to a 28-year old post with four career double-doubles, you have to do it.
M.C. Swag
5:59p, 7/1/23
In reply to zgolfz85
No his cap hold is more than his new deal. Won't affect the MLE.
shack009
8:01p, 7/1/23

Another defensive wing off the board.

Nico better have something cooking.
mavsfan4ever
9:03p, 7/1/23
Not sure who is even left at this point that we could get. I'm still praying we don't trade for Ayton. I'll be happy if we get divencenzo.
Guitarsoup
9:04p, 7/1/23
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

Not sure who is even left at this point that we could get. I'm still praying we don't trade for Ayton. I'll be happy if we get divencenzo.
Dante Exum.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
9:05p, 7/1/23
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

Divencenzo is signing with the knicks
shack009
9:12p, 7/1/23
In reply to mavsfan4ever
He gone. For 4 years.
zgolfz85
9:13p, 7/1/23
We signed exum
zgolfz85
9:14p, 7/1/23
https://www.instagram.com/p/CuLYKzqtiVf/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
shack009
9:18p, 7/1/23

Good lord...
M.C. Swag
9:18p, 7/1/23
In reply to shack009
I think we're getting Grant Williams as soon as the Bertans deal is finalized. Dallas is still searching for a way to maximize the 3 team trade that would offload McGee and increase their TPE to $21m. Work remains to be done but either way, I think Williams is a Mav.

The Exum deal developed early yesterday. Just a Frank replacement.
Guitarsoup
9:20p, 7/1/23
In reply to M.C. Swag
Boston only has 5mm in room before the Super Apron. How are they going to do this and fill out their last three roster spots?
M.C. Swag
9:22p, 7/1/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Boston is going to release Williams. They can't afford to keep him. He won't be involved in the Bertans deal. The mavs just can't finalize the Bertans deal until Monday (or Wednesday?). And then Williams can be signed to the full MLe.
Guitarsoup
2:10p, 7/2/23
Just thought I would bring some joy to my Mav Brethren on this Sunny Sunday Morning.

The Rockets traded Garuba, TyTy Washington, and two future second round picks to make room for Brook Lopez. Garuba and TyTy were both 1st round picks the last two years and the Rockets received nothing in return.
txagman1998
2:17p, 7/2/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Did Giannis and Khris lock him up in a wood cabin somewhere in northern Wisconsin?
J.P. 03
3:40p, 7/2/23
Dallasbasketball.com is saying the Suns signing of Eric Gordon pretty much shuts down any possibility of Ayton getting traded to the Mavs since their roster is now full and our offer would have included THJ, who they no longer need.

Pretty sure most of the board here is just fine with that. On to the next one…
NoahAg
3:44p, 7/2/23
So what's the two deep assuming no more moves?
zgolfz85
4:02p, 7/2/23
In reply to NoahAg
NoahAg said:

I'm not resigning myself to the idea of no more moves yet. Nico started this process with a bang ok draft night…I'd hate to imagine if FA goes with a full on whimper with only curry and exum
Guitarsoup
5:00p, 7/2/23
In reply to NoahAg
NoahAg said:

I think they will still make moves, but right now:

Holmes/Lively/Powell/JaVale
Kleiber/OMax
THJ/Green/Bullock
Kyrie/Hardy/Curry
Luka/Exum
PatAg
5:04p, 7/2/23
We'll for sure have lineups where luka kyrie and curry are the guards, and he is in their to rain 3s
Guitarsoup
5:10p, 7/2/23
In reply to PatAg
Probably see some smallball ones with a post to rebound, then Luka, Green, Curry, Kyrie so you have three great shooters and a rebounder around Luka.
PatAg
5:17p, 7/2/23
I feel like if we don't upgrade at the 4/5, the season will ultimately not be worth watching
NoahAg
5:40p, 7/2/23
I really do like Hardaway but man if we can move him to upgrade the 4/5 I'd be thrilled. I know, hot take. Obviously I knew Green made strides last year but I didn't realize how high a percentage he shot. If Hardaway stays I'd still expect Green to eat his minutes. And probably start at some point.
M.C. Swag
6:49p, 7/2/23
We still have the full mle. The Bertans trade hasn't happened yet.

The team isn't done.
hph6203
8:30p, 7/2/23
They're going to make more moves. They're going to sign at least one more guy, and I'd be surprised if they don't execute some decent sized trade to move THJ for a wing and/or big. If they don't do that this off season, it'll happen some time in season.
Guitarsoup
8:58p, 7/2/23
The Athletic grade:

Dwight Powell
agrees to re-sign with the Mavs on a three-year, $12 million deal
I actually think this is incredible value for a player like Powell. He isn't someone they should have played as much as they did. He struggled a lot on defense as the main big man, despite the effort he'd put out. But $4 million per season on a rotational big man is great value in this market, and they hopefully build out the depth at a position that struggled to find some.
Grade: B+
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 95
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off