***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***
145,598 Views | 3304 Replies
zgolfz85
10:42a, 4/22/24
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

Luka looked like a shell of himself. This is the most concerning thing going in to next game. If Luka wants to shoot 3s all game and completely neglect getting to the rim and either getting layups or alley oops, then we are probably screwed.

So many times Luka would get in to the paint and basically pass up a short runner or a path to a layup in order to pass out and reset the offense. It was so frustrating watching it at the time because he wasn't playing his game at all. It's a bit nerve wracking that our fate for this series basically comes down to Luka's mentality and we don't know what we are going to get.
It's like he forgot what got us into the 5th seed these last 6 weeks. I would blame it on lack of sleep given the baby, but we all know they've likely got a nanny and that dude is probably sleeping like a king.
shack009
10:46a, 4/22/24
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

shack009 said:

Luka looked like a shell of himself. This is the most concerning thing going in to next game. If Luka wants to shoot 3s all game and completely neglect getting to the rim and either getting layups or alley oops, then we are probably screwed.

So many times Luka would get in to the paint and basically pass up a short runner or a path to a layup in order to pass out and reset the offense. It was so frustrating watching it at the time because he wasn't playing his game at all. It's a bit nerve wracking that our fate for this series basically comes down to Luka's mentality and we don't know what we are going to get.
It's like he forgot what got us into the 5th seed these last 6 weeks. I would blame it on lack of sleep given the baby, but we all know they've likely got a nanny and that dude is probably sleeping like a king.

Lol hopefully there's some good excuse. Not playing a real game in nearly 2 weeks is probably a little to blame also.

Hopefully he rewatches and sees the opportunities to get to the basket. This team should get plenty of good looks at the rim and plenty of alley oops against Zubac because I thought his positioning wasn't very good.

Hopefully he figures it out and remembers this isn't the same team as 2-4 years ago where he has no inside offensive presence.
shack009
10:48a, 4/22/24
Something that can give us hope is that Harden's track record says this next game will not be a good one for him.
mavsfan4ever
10:50a, 4/22/24
It probably wouldn't have mattered, but that start made me wish we hadn't rested everyone the last couple of games. I know we were trying to prevent injury, and everyone would have pitchforks yelling at Kidd if anyone got hurt in the last two games. But we were on such a roll and in such a groove that I hated seeing us get so much time off. It definitely seemed like that affected us (both mentally and even physically). But who knows, perhaps this would have been the outcome even if they had played the last couple of games.
shack009
11:05a, 4/22/24
I'm a little worried, but I could also see this going back to LA at 3-1 good guys.

We can't blow this opportunity because OKC is in a dogfight of a series and could lose. Even if they get by NO, Valenciunas had their way with them. I think our size lays really well against them. We have to take advantage.
MW03
3:54p, 4/22/24
Watching Steve Ballmer on the sidelines last night, and he's still that dude.

zgolfz85
4:39p, 4/22/24
In reply to MW03
MW03 said:

I hate him so much
South Platte
1:29p, 4/23/24
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

MW03 said:

I hate him so much
Come on man, of all the people out there to hate you pick the Clippers owner?!
Guitarsoup
2:12p, 4/23/24

Ray Felton crying that he got the label of being fat and how the Mavs did him dirty while he slouches with his belt in the air like he just made that 4th trip to the buffet at Golden Corrall
shack009
3:37p, 4/23/24
Seems like Kawhi is going to play tonight. I honestly was not expecting him to play.
M.C. Swag
4:36p, 4/23/24
In reply to shack009
Theyre going for the jugular
shack009
7:15p, 4/23/24
Guitarsoup
7:21p, 4/23/24
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

Already told yall, for some reason that is who Kawhi's uncle loves. That family is as dumb as a box of hammers.
shack009
7:22p, 4/23/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Haha I remember you posting that earlier, but it's still funny. Maybe they are big cowboys fans.
Guitarsoup
7:26p, 4/23/24
In reply to shack009
They are all from SoCal. I don't get it.

I'm guessing when Kawhi was acting like a little ***** and everyone criticized him for it, Skip took the alternate approach and his dumbass uncle probably thought Skip was the only one who understood when in real life, Skip is just paid to take the opposite angle.
shack009
7:31p, 4/23/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
You ever met a cowboys fan? Equal chance they are from Texas as Cali or New York haha. And I'm a cowboys fan.

But yeah it's likely what you said.
Guitarsoup
7:35p, 4/23/24
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

You ever met a cowboys fan? Equal chance they are from Texas as Cali or New York haha. And I'm a cowboys fan.

But yeah it's likely what you said.
That's true. One of the all time best universal sports twitter gags is when something bad happens to the Yankees or Lakers, saying that Cowboys fans are in hell.
MW03
9:21p, 4/23/24
Ain't nothing softer than Mavs fans on twitter. Good grief. Yeah Leonard is playing. It's the playoffs. HTFU.
PatAg
9:25p, 4/23/24
It's very smart to apply season long trends to a team that was greatly changed at the trade deadline. Love the national media
zgolfz85
9:28p, 4/23/24
Well ****
gigem1223
9:28p, 4/23/24
Frick. Gafford hurt
gigem1223
9:29p, 4/23/24
Gonna be tuff to win if Luka doesn't start making shots
shack009
9:34p, 4/23/24
The defense has shown up and Luka brought it on that end. The offense is at least more downhill so far and Luka has made it a point to get to the rim.

We are probably pump faking a little too much when we could have shot some open 3s, but I like the mentality.
zgolfz85
9:36p, 4/23/24
We still just look so messy right now
shack009
9:37p, 4/23/24
Lively… that was awesome
shack009
9:39p, 4/23/24
Sochan and Plumlee went to the same school for free throws.
zgolfz85
9:40p, 4/23/24
There we go Luka
shack009
9:40p, 4/23/24
Noteworthy that Josh Green and Exum have come off the bench but not THJ.
zgolfz85
9:41p, 4/23/24
We are trying to do too much right now
shack009
9:42p, 4/23/24
Seems like the officials are calling it a little tighter than what has been a foul the last 2 months. Lot of offense-initiated contact being called that hasn't been a foul recently.
zgolfz85
9:47p, 4/23/24
Concerning that they're shootint so bad and we aren't up double digits
Guitarsoup
9:51p, 4/23/24
In reply to MW03
MW03 said:

Ain't nothing softer than Mavs fans on twitter. Good grief. Yeah Leonard is playing. It's the playoffs. HTFU.
Y'all had ZazaP and Juwan Howard, you know what to do.

shack009
9:52p, 4/23/24
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

Concerning that they're shootint so bad and we aren't up double digits

They are shooting so bad because our defense has been that good, imo. Not like they are missing open shots. We probably should have made a few more buckets, but we are in a good spot.

Maxi made a 3, so the flood gates may be open.
PatAg
9:52p, 4/23/24
This is how we have been playing since the trade deadline, but maybe with more makes from Luka and Kyrie.
shack009
9:54p, 4/23/24
Back to passive Luka…
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 56 of 95
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE