*****Tiger*****

106,465 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coverage lapse is bull sheet.
PJYoung
AG
Every week! Makes no sense
ORAggieFan
What's really stupid is the "sports update". That's straight from the 80's. No sports fan needs an update on baseball from the night before the next afternoon.
Bunk Moreland
Big par save. Time for him to start making some birdies
BarryProfit
If he shoots another 2 under in back that's good enough.
Phat32
AG
Treading water while everyone else is swimming towards the finish...
DannyDuberstein
AG
His last few tee shots where he clubs down but then still hits a low ugly block are a little concerning, but this course isn't tough enough to really punish those.
Bunk Moreland
yeah he needs to post 16 under today.
Baby Billy
AG
Gonna have to get to 19 to win this. Somebody is gonna go way low tomorrow and post that number. Maybe better
BarryProfit
I think if anyone gets to 19 it would have to be Gore or Tiger, but you may be correct.
Phat32
AG
Not his best day, but he's hanging in there. Needs to get back to the 64/65 type number tomorrow to remove all doubt.
AgPrognosticator
AG
You really think gore will shoot 66 or one of the others will shoot 64? The way those greens are rolling? With Sunday pins?

Doubt it.....

-17 probably wins.
Bunk Moreland
Today was pretty weak from the top 20 to start the day as far as scores.

-17 or - 18 takes it.
jja79
AG
Gore, Blixt, Scott Brown, Herman and Percy are T5 or better. Tiger is playing the B Team this week which is what he needs to be doing. If he wins good for him but winning won't prove he's back. When ge mixes it up with Spieth, Day, McIlroy and the A Team you can call him back.

He should play some of the fall events.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Gore, Blixt, Scott Brown, Herman and Percy are T5 or better. Tiger is playing the B Team this week which is what he needs to be doing. If he wins good for him but winning won't prove he's back. When ge mixes it up with Spieth, Day, McIlroy and the A Team you can call him back.

He should play some of the fall events.
We get it...the field this week sucks. If he wins, nobody is going to jump up and down and proclaim him to be the favorite at the Masters next year. He still has a long way to go.

He's fortunate that the course doesn't require him to hit driver a lot. Although the times that he did hit driver, he has been striping it and the misses haven't been severe.
watty
AG
In my opinion, Tiger's chnces of winning are fairly low mostly because of the fact that the leaderboard is pretty tight, with tons of players within a handful of strokes. And with the amount of low numbers put up this week, it's just likely that someone will throw a 63 out there and win if Gore doesn't put it away. At least a few of the guys near the top will go pretty low, so for Tiger to have a chance, I think he needs a 65, and I don't think it's likely for him to do that on Sunday quite yet. Definitely possible though. Gonna be a huge audience tomorrow.
Bunk Moreland
Tiger should easily be as capable of winning. This course is full of birdie holes. No reason Jason gore and others like him should be able to go low and Tiger not to.

2 under was just not acceptable today. Needed 4 under minimum
Mr.Bond
AG
So is tiger in the last pairing?
jj9000
AG
Gore will wilt.

I'm not rooting against the guy, but if I had to bet, I'd go with the Sunday gallery and Sunday pressure moving him backwards tomorrow.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Has anyone mentioned how weak this field is? It is so weak that even the Perkins waitresses need lubricant to get wet for it.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
So is tiger in the last pairing?
2nd to last group with Scott Brown.
Mr.Bond
AG
Damn. That putt on 18 was brutal
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, that last putt that he couldn't quite ram home ended up sending him to the 2nd to last pairing. At least he was in the last group today so they didn't have to repair the cup.
Bunk Moreland
So.... DL3 is 5 under thru 6 and the new leader at 16 under.

Tiger needs to start making birdies in a hurry. Par par start
AgPrognosticator
AG
Those greens look brutal. I know I'd be 3 putting every other hole based on what I've seen.
Bunk Moreland
His playing partner just aced the 3rd hole
Phat32
AG
"Tiger making straight pars and on pace to win the U.S. open"
Bunk Moreland
Only player in top 26 above par at this point. Geeze Tiger.
chico
AG
is he grinding?
Phat32
AG
Really disappointing...he seems to be playing scared. Missing birdie putts for two days doesn't help.
Bunk Moreland
These pins are there for the taking and he just isn't putting himself in good birdie position enough. Easy course. Still within shouting distance but needs a couple stone cold approach shots to get some birdies
Coppell97
AG
Now he's got the shanks again . . . sad to see. 2 in a row.
Unemployed
AG
nice shank.
gillom
AG
Shanked a chip. He's done.
Bunk Moreland
Wow. What a disaster

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.