LIV Golf 2024

16,822 Views | 189 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by 1208HawkTree
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figured instead of new threads for each topic we can consolidate to one ongoing season thread...

According to this, teams are now set with the Hatton addition. Interesting that they're adding 2 individual spots to each event.

First event is this weekend in Mayakoba.
E
AG
Might want to look into the credibility of that account... they casually dropped Anthony Kim into their post
class of 03
Ironheads' year for sure. Find me a loss in that group.
Bunk Moreland

Thought this was pretty cool.

Bunk Moreland

JCA1
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Thought this was pretty cool.

Definitely a cool idea and reminds me of the Masters app.

Just wonder how feasible such a thing is when you have broadcast partners that pay $100s of millions to exclusively air your product. I'm all for it, but I suspect ironing out the details would be monumental. And there's also the need for a camera crew to literally follow every group.

Here's to hoping something like this happens but doing something like this while staying in the black sounds tough.
AustinCountyAg
New season starts tomorrow!!
AustinCountyAg
12:15 start today
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuC-Is0pVH9RudfZJw-LSmw
Aggie369
AG
Finally went through....

I didn't know partner but this is what I was describing at the beginning of these talks. On demand player and group golf.

I would think u could go back and watch individual recorded rounds as well. I really hope they allow for split screen with multiple players/groups selected.

Almost like redzone where they rotate feeds

If i could select lead group and 1 or 2 favorite players or 1 or 2 guys a few strokes back but are making a run and the "main" screen rotates in my selections to watch
AustinCountyAg
I'm guessing they will utilize a lot of drones somehow instead of specific crews for each player? Or you could have cameras throughout each hole that could be controlled by someone in a truck that films each shot where you can watch the swing, but not necessarily the player throughout the entire round walking down the fairway, etc.
JCA1
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I'm guessing they will utilize a lot of drones somehow instead of specific crews for each player?
Could be. I'm sure there's a lot of technological things they can use that I'm just unaware of. But presumably someone still has to fly that thing.

Golf's biggest problem is it's a niche sport which, on its best day, attracts similar eyeballs of a Kansas St./Texas Tech football game. But it's also one of the most expensive, logistically-challenging sports to broadcast. Lots of costs with minimal revenue is just hard to make work when you actually have to balance the budget.

But, again, here's hoping they come up with some way to improve the product.
AustinCountyAg
I agree. As much as I'd like to see LIV do things like this and continue to grow, it is shocking just how much money they are throwing at it.
AustinCountyAg
Mayakoba looking PURE. makes me wish for warmer weather
AustinCountyAg
just finally realized that 4 of the top 6 finishers at The Master last year all play on LIV Golf.
Bunk Moreland
Course does look pretty solid. Just now able to tune in. Great leaderboard early.
Bunk Moreland
Niemann having a day. -9 thru 10
HeyAbbott
AG
6 of the top 7 finishers at last year's US Open play on the PGA Tour
class of 03
HeyAbbott, how about the IronHeads though?? How did they do at the majors?
MarkPro
Niemann shot 59.

clobby
AG
Enjoyed the LIV broadcast today. PGA commercial load can make it tough to watch.
Bunk Moreland
Rahm will be in the final group of his 1st tourney with LIV. 4 back of Niemann
98Ag99Grad
AG
I think Fat Perez could give Pat a run for his money right now.
Bunk Moreland
Niemann took an improper drop and was assessed a 2 stroke penalty so he'll begin today -11 instead of -13.

Great leader board for some Sunday action.
jja79
AG
This is like watching some youtubers playing golf. The announcers are working hard to convince one another this is exciting. It's a little hard to follow with the shotgun and little to no fans around.
Bunk Moreland
Burmeister just shanked one real bad off the tee.
class of 03
Not going to be the Ironheads' week.
Bunk Moreland
Rahm ties Sergio for the lead. Nice finish here.
safety guy
AG
The 19 year old will get a nice check this week.
Ted Lasso
AG
Fun tournament so far to watch. Can tell the players enjoy it.
Bunk Moreland
The addition of the wild cards + all 4 scores counting in Sunday is great so far. That will really add pressure on the ****tier players and weed em out long term.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Good tournament and leaderboard. Field has definitely improved this season. And they have shown lots of golf. Frankly PGAT could learn from this broadcast.
Bunk Moreland
Night golf!
MarylandAG
Now it looks dark on TV.
Positivelyag512
LIV needs better on the course commentators. I'd love Gravy and the Sleeze to go and broadcast on course for them. This is pretty good golf all around, and I recognize more than 7-10 golfers' names, and the leaderboard was stacked. Counting all four scores on Sunday was a better idea
Bunk Moreland
Wow he almost holed that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.