***2024 UNIFORM TRACKER THREAD***

25,539 Views | 301 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by AgLA06
Capt. America
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's that time of year again my friends!! I'll be doing weekly updates here in the OP and eyeballing to see if we add anything else. I simplified the tracker this year, focusing exclusively on the tops and hats!

WEEK 12 UPDATE: Ags stumble a bit this week with the maroon tops suffering their first loss and the gray Texas Aggies splitting the weekend. Expect a similar uniform setup this week. BTHO Rice and Ole Miss!

trouble
AG
YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS
AgBQ-00
AG
May they all bring good luck to the boys this year!!
BLSmith04
AG
Love the new script maroon unis, but are they not wearing the Corps uniforms this year? That's sucks.
trouble
AG
They were only supposed to be a one time thing last year. We'll see if they return
angus55
Just need the 3rd column and the Maroon one. Those are winners!
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Capitol Ag
AG
One of my favorite things for one of my favorite times of the year. Fight'n Texas Aggie Baseball is almost here!
BLSmith04
AG
Those are great, but the other Texas Aggies jersey (#2 on the graphic) is a personal favorite of mine.
The Marksman
AG
BLSmith04 said:

Those are great, but the other Texas Aggies jersey (#2 on the graphic) is a personal favorite of mine.
Agree. Those white Texas Aggies are my favorite A&M baseball uniforms.
Capt. America
AG
BLSmith04 said:

Love the new script maroon unis, but are they not wearing the Corps uniforms this year? That's sucks.

They weren't featured, but I would not be shocked if they made an appearance
12th Man Ag
AG
angus55 said:

Just need the 3rd column and the Maroon one. Those are winners!

Agree. I would be fine with just those 3.
tjack16
AG
I might be in the minority but I'm glad to not see the corps uniforms on that graphic. Hated those
Hearne_Ag
AG
Bevel isn't filled in with the silver anymore on the new caps

RED AG 98
AG
How did I miss this? In! Look good play good!
rally-cap
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

I think it looks a little better that way, honestly. Would still prefer no bevel, but I like the no silver.
cb19

Hearne_Ag
AG
cb19 said:

That's clean
Capitol Ag
AG
rally-cap said:

Hearne_Ag said:

I think it looks a little better that way, honestly. Would still prefer no bevel, but I like the no silver.

I'm hoping they sell these new caps. Actually like the bevel in maroon. Used to be that way but it went silver/pewter.
Capitol Ag
AG
cb19 said:

I'm going on a limb here and say that this is a New Era cap. Looks like the NE Flag logo on the side. Could be wrong. Love the white with maroon bill.
Hearne_Ag
AG
Capitol Ag said:

rally-cap said:

Hearne_Ag said:

I'm hoping they sell these new caps. Actually like the bevel in maroon. Used to be that way but it went silver/pewter.
Looks like Scheels has them. I went to Rally House yesterday and they didn't have them.
Capitol Ag
AG
Nice! Plus there is a Scheels near me. Thank you!
cb19
The more I look at it I think you're right! It would been cool to see a white hat with maroon bill on the field again!
Hearne_Ag
AG
I just wanna see Adidas make a bigger profile hat for big heads, their crown is way to low of a profile.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

I just wanna see Adidas make a bigger profile hat for big heads, their crown is way to low of a profile.
What does this mean? Is this referring to the way the hat covers your whole forehead and rests on your eyebrows? If so, I agree. I prefer the hat to naturally fit a little higher on the forehead, lol.
Hearne_Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Hearne_Ag said:

What does this mean? Is this referring to the way the hat covers your whole forehead and rests on your eyebrows? If so, I agree. I prefer the hat to naturally fit a little higher on the forehead, lol.
What I mean is that I feel like the hat isn't deep in enough if that makes sense, the crown of the cap and overall template of the cap small.
Capitol Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Hearne_Ag said:

The regular crown for New Era 5950 is considered a "high crown" which, for people with larger head sizes can be more comfortable.

What adi should do is have a low crown and high crown versions. Low crown is perfect for me, as I have a smaller head/leaner/longer head. What is interesting is a lot of it is about your face as much as anything. I am leaner and my face is thinner. I wear a 7 1/8-7 1/4 size cap, so not that small at all. I think it's technically the average. But high crowns can make me look weird. To a point where the crown is amplified on top of my head. Sometimes a regular 5950 can look fine on me. Not sure if its the way the crown was molded at the factory or what. But many times, I look straight stupid in high crowns. The good thing is if I absolutely want a cap and there isn't a low crown version, I have things I can do to break the crown in better that tends to work more times than not. the adi caps are almost always perfect from the get go for me. in 99 or 00 when New Era first createdn the low crown 5950, it was so awesome for those of us who just either had giant, boxy crowns or just didn't buy 5950s b/c we looked weird. The low crown had the exact look of the high crown with the MLB Batman on the back and I actually looked GOOD in the hat. I am glad they still make them.
Capitol Ag
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

rally-cap said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Looks like Scheels has them. I went to Rally House yesterday and they didn't have them.

So. I went to Scheels in The Colony yesterday as I was off work and decided to drp by. They have a lot of Aggie Baseball stuff. The maroon jersey, white replica jersey, long sleeve Aggies script practice sweatshirt and both the maroon Block T cap and new on-field beveled cap. The only thing they didn't have was the RWB '41 cap that is coming back this year. I got the jersey, sweatshirt and the beveled cap. The Block T is the exact same one available to retail last season but if you missed it then, nows your chance. I may go back and get the white jersey. It is this one:

Its actually nice. Both jerseys have sown on tackle twill lettering. BUT they are $100. Just FYI. I am 6'2" 203 and leaner, yet the L was snug especially in the chest (never an issue as my pecs at least have grown this year-ya me!) so size up potentially. They are slimming as well. they tapper a bit in the mid section. So, as most men might carry a bit more there then they'd like to show, be aware of this as well. Hey, no judgement. Just saying. Same with the sweatshirt. I got an L. perfect fit for a sweat as I like it to look slightly looser than snug but not super big. Again, the M was tight AF in the pecs. I used to want that when I thought I was too "skinny" looking. Now with bigger pecs, it's actually uncomfortable. I wife actually thought the M looked more like a compression top and at first thought that was what the shirt was supposed to be as it's stretchy. But its not. It's listed as a fleece JKCT so adi considers it a jacket. To me that just means sweatshirt. Again, size accordingly.

As for the caps and fit, the Block T fit as all adi caps have fit through the years. 7 1/8 was perfect. But the TAM cap (the standard baseball cap, if you will) I actually needed to size up to 7 1/4, which is my standard for new era. Sized caps are always a crap shoot. And, this might not be the case sizes larger than 7 1/4. But if you order online, consider getting the size you normally wear and one size up (get a 7 1/8 and a 7 1/4 for example) and return the one that doesn't workout.

I swear I should do youtube "unboxing" type videos for this stuff. I watch my son's videos with him a lot and we watch them do unboxing and breakdowns of toys and Pokemon sets etc. And they totally go into detail. For instance, watch any of the channels where they unveil collectables, like collectable Godzilla figures. These aren't toys. They can cost $100s of dollars and look like movie props. But they are interesting as hell. And these guys are honest as hell. Which is good if you want a Godzilla Minus one figure for $150 and aren't sure if this version is worth it. He is 8. There's no way I am getting him one of those. But I digress. Point is, I hope this helps!
Hearne_Ag
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

rally-cap said:

Hearne_Ag said:

So. I went to Scheels in The Colony yesterday as I was off work and decided to drp by. They have a lot of Aggie Baseball stuff. The maroon jersey, white replica jersey, long sleeve Aggies script practice sweatshirt and both the maroon Block T cap and new on-field beveled cap. The only thing they didn't have was the RWB '41 cap that is coming back this year. I got the jersey, sweatshirt and the beveled cap the Block T is the exact same one available to retail last season but if you missed it then, nows your chance. I may go back and get the white jersey. It is this one:

Its actually nice. Both jerseys have sown on tackle twill lettering. BUT they are $100. Just FYI. I am 6'2" 203 and leaner, yet the L was snug especially in the chest (never an issue as my pecs at least have grown this year-ya me!) so size up potentially. They are slimming as well. they tapper a bit in the mid section. So, as most men might carry a bit more there then they'd like to show, be aware of this as well. Hey, no judgement. Just saying. Same with the sweatshirt. I got an L. perfect fit for a sweat as I like it to look slightly looser than snug but not super big. Again, the M was tight AF in the pecs. I used to want that when I thought I was too "skinny" looking. Now with bigger pecs, it's actually uncomfortable. I wife actually thought the M looked more like a compression top and at first thought that was what the shirt was supposed to be as it's stretchy. But its not. It's listed as a fleece JKCT so adi considers it a jacket. To me that just means sweatshirt. Again, size accordingly.

As for the caps and fit, the Block T fit as all adi caps have fit through the years. 7 1/8 was perfect. But the TAP cap (the standard baseball cap, if you will) I actually needed to size up to 7 1/4, which is my standard for new era. Sized caps are always a crap shoot. And, this might not be the case sizes larger than 7 1/4. But if you order online, consider getting the size you normally wear and one size up (get a 7 1/8 and a 7 1/4 for example) and return the one that doesn't workout.

I swear I should do youtube "unboxing" type videos for this stuff. I watch my son's videos with him a lot and we watch them do unboxing and breakdowns of toys and Pokemon sets etc. And they totally go into detail. For instance, watch any of the channels where they unveil collectables, like collectable Godzilla figures. These aren't toys. They can cost $100s of dollars and look like movie props. But they are interesting as hell. And these guys are honest as hell. Which is good if you want a Godzilla Minus one figure for $150 and aren't sure if this version is worth it. He is 8. There's no way I am getting him one of those. But I digress. Point is, I hope this helps!
Man I think we might like the same kind of videos, I love watching unboxing videos especially of gear(jerseys,clothing,caps).

Every time I go somewhere I take pictures of me wearing the clothing/caps and decide if I want to buy it later or return the next day.

When I saw the sweatshirt that Schloss was wearing I wanted it. Like you are saying Adidas is hit and miss and as of late I had to downsize, I've lost weight plus their stuff is running big. I usually wear an XL but now a L. I'm liking the material of the new sweatshirt it's really soft and squishy, not to heavy but heavy enough.

I tried on the Block T cap on and really like it but I already have 3 other A&M Adidas caps and only wear them to A&M baseball games and just didn't think it was worth it right now. Might go back and get that one and the new bevel one just to add to the collection. If Adidas ever made the overall template a bit larger I would wear them all the time.

My new favorite ball caps are the new New era fitted batting practice caps with the mesh back. High profile but the mesh on the back looks a lot better than a solid new era 5950.

Capitol Ag
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

rally-cap said:

Hearne_Ag said:

So. I went to Scheels in The Colony yesterday as I was off work and decided to drp by. They have a lot of Aggie Baseball stuff. The maroon jersey, white replica jersey, long sleeve Aggies script practice sweatshirt and both the maroon Block T cap and new on-field beveled cap. The only thing they didn't have was the RWB '41 cap that is coming back this year. I got the jersey, sweatshirt and the beveled cap the Block T is the exact same one available to retail last season but if you missed it then, nows your chance. I may go back and get the white jersey. It is this one:

As for the caps and fit, the Block T fit as all adi caps have fit through the years. 7 1/8 was perfect. But the TAP cap (the standard baseball cap, if you will) I actually needed to size up to 7 1/4, which is my standard for new era. Sized caps are always a crap shoot. And, this might not be the case sizes larger than 7 1/4. But if you order online, consider getting the size you normally wear and one size up (get a 7 1/8 and a 7 1/4 for example) and return the one that doesn't workout.

Man I think we might like the same kind of videos, I love watching unboxing videos especially of gear(jerseys,clothing,caps).

Every time I go somewhere I take pictures of me wearing the clothing/caps and decide if I want to buy it later or return the next day.

When I saw the sweatshirt that Schloss was wearing I wanted it. Like you are saying Adidas is hit and miss and as of late I had to downsize, I've lost weight plus their stuff is running big. I usually wear an XL but now a L. I'm liking the material of the new sweatshirt it's really soft and squishy, not to heavy but heavy enough.

I tried on the Block T cap on and really like it but I already have 3 other A&M Adidas caps and only wear them to A&M baseball games and just didn't think it was worth it right now. Might go back and get that one and the new bevel one just to add to the collection. If Adidas ever made the overall template a bit larger I would wear them all the time.

My new favorite ball caps are the new New era fitted batting practice caps with the mesh back. High profile but the mesh on the back looks a lot better than a solid new era 5950.

Love that Rangers practice cap. Again, I have the opposite of your issue, as I need the LC version and most stores stock the HC. But I may bite the bullet this season upcoming and get the LC online and just return what doesn't work. My wife was always like, "why'd you get 2 or 3 of the same caps?" for fitted caps. Then I showed her how much they can vary even in the same size and she understood. Of course, she still doesn't get why I'd ever need more than one cap in general. "that just looks like every other A&M hat" is her biggest point. I just shake my head as some just will never understand! lol.

Wore that sweatshirt last night and it was perfect! It was windy in the 50's and I was comfortable. And it just looks so damn cool with the script. I will definitely be wearing it to a lot of games including later fall football games. I feel like baseball just has more distinctive stuff. It's usually less than football obviously, but the fall lines can be a bit generic and boring. Baseball always has interesting and different things like this sweatshirt that are many times more functional too. B/c, in my estimation, the baseball stuff adi actually puts out are actually designed to be used on field vs a lot of the more fan oriented gear that is mass produced for an upcoming football season. ANd this isn't just an adi thing. I've seen it with what Nike does for tu or OU baseball and other programs (TCU up here for instance). This is why I sort of switched some of my football wardrobe to other brands that have more fun and interesting branding. Like the Peter Millar retro helmet stuff I own. I combined that with a white and maroon Block T that Maroon U sells. I'm a sucker for throwback!
Hearne_Ag
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

rally-cap said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Love that Rangers practice cap. Again, I have the opposite of your issue, as I need the LC version and most stores stock the HC. But I may bite the bullet this season upcoming and get the LC online and just return what doesn't work. My wife was always like, "why'd you get 2 or 3 of the same caps?" for fitted caps. Then I showed her how much they can vary even in the same size and she understood. Of course, she still doesn't get why I'd ever need more than one cap in general. "that just looks like every other A&M hat" is her biggest point. I just shake my head as some just will never understand! lol.

Wore that sweatshirt last night and it was perfect! It was windy in the 50's and I was comfortable. And it just looks so damn cool with the script. I will definitely be wearing it to a lot of games including later fall football games. I feel like baseball just has more distinctive stuff. It's usually less than football obviously, but the fall lines can be a bit generic and boring. Baseball always has interesting and different things like this sweatshirt that are many times more functional too. B/c, in my estimation, the baseball stuff adi actually puts out are actually designed to be used on field vs a lot of the more fan oriented gear that is mass produced for an upcoming football season. ANd this isn't just an adi thing. I've seen it with what Nike does for tu or OU baseball and other programs (TCU up here for instance). This is why I sort of switched some of my football wardrobe to other brands that have more fun and interesting branding. Like the Peter Millar retro helmet stuff I own. I combined that with a white and maroon Block T that Maroon U sells. I'm a sucker for throwback!
Oh man I agree, there's so many differences in caps that some don't even notice it.

Rally House here in CS has been my go to since they opened, they carry a lot of the sideline gear and some of it you can't find at AO or Maroon U, and vice versa. We are opposite on the head size situation and it just takes alot for me to buy an Adidas cap. I like the crown height but it could be taller just a bit so the panels could be taller and I could fit my big head into it.

As far as the retro block T that I saw at Maroon U it had the new adidas logo and it was a fitted like the first pic.
Then I saw this cap on mercari that has the adidas logo with the wording and it doesn't have a size for your head it's just xl or large. Which one do you have?

Capitol Ag
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Capitol Ag said:

rally-cap said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Oh man I agree, there's so many differences in caps that some don't even notice it.

Rally House here in CS has been my go to since they opened, they carry a lot of the sideline gear and some of it you can't find at AO or Maroon U, and vice versa. We are opposite on the head size situation and it just takes alot for me to buy an Adidas cap. I like the crown height but it could be taller just a bit so the panels could be taller and I could fit my big head into it.

As far as the retro block T that I saw at Maroon U it had the new adidas logo and it was a fitted like the first pic.
Then I saw this cap on mercari that has the adidas logo with the wording and it doesn't have a size for your head it's just xl or large. Which one do you have?

This is probably more than you will ever want to know about this:

So that flex fit was a 2017 version that was released for the TEXAS AGGIES jersey/cap combo that was introduced that year and is still being used today. It's the 1951 CWS team. adi made throwback unis for each of their baseball programs and our's was the '51 team (NC St, NU Miss St etc all had a version for specific years as well). The reason for the flex being released was 2 fold. First, the cap was supposed to be a unstructured wool type cap, but the color was an off white/tan-ish color that sort of clashed with the uni that is veery white. So the team had a custom made poly cap that was full white and mostly unstructured. As a result, certain stores did a preorder for the actual on-field unstructured cap. But that took a long time to be delivered, so adi also did a structured flex/"get something to the stores quick" type of cap and that is what you see there. I got both the structured and the preorder on-field unstructured. The on-field was a true fitted. The structured was flex. VERY high crown on that structured. I've given those (the flex fit) away or thrown them away. They weren't my favorite. I still use the unstructured cap. I will try to post a pic of it later today.

The one that they sell today is a poly but meant to look wool version like the adi and New Era caps are these days. It actually fits fantastic on my head. ANd I have no idea if there are plans to use them on field. They go perfect with the Texas Aggies jerseys though. They were released back in the fall this past year. Odd timing but I love that they had it. They also did an early release of the new TAM cap but it was mostly online and they sold out fast. Must have been a small batch.
Hearne_Ag
AG
I know I've seen the unstructured retro before that came out with the Texas Aggies jersey, but have never seen the one mentioned above, I'm always down to learn something new and was not aware of this cap coming out. So it was kinda of a similar situation with the corps caps that came out this past season except they weren't adidas, just something to get out to the public?

Still would like to see a side by side of both hahaha.
Capitol Ag
AG
Very similar to the Corps cap issue. In some cases, it's retail that tries to obtain the item and when they cannot, they go with something similar from the original manufacturer or find a supplier that, I assume, is agreed upon to supply and sell the replica.

It boggles my mind that retail was NEVER supplied the on field Corps cap. Even if adi released and dropped them in the Fall. They have done that before. They would have sold like hotcakes. I get that not everyone liked it but given the number of former students that were in the Corps, it would have been popular. I wasn't in the corps and totally would have bought one.

Another example was the black cap adi introduced in 2015(?). This time adi released a replica to the retail side that wasn't a true fitted but a flex. It wasn't until 22 that they actually did release the black on-field cap that went with that year's black uniform. They released in in both 22 and 23 campaigns and can still be found in stores. Rally House and AO have them on their websites today.

By the way, if anyone knows more than I on any of this, please correct me. What I'm telling you is what I learned usually through buyers at the retail stores at the time or just deductions I made while trying to find these items for sell.
Hearne_Ag
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Very similar to the Corps cap issue. In some cases, it's retail that tries to obtain the item and when they cannot, they go with something similar from the original manufacturer or find a supplier that, I assume, is agreed upon to supply and sell the replica.

It boggles my mind that retail was NEVER supplied the on field Corps cap. Even if adi released and dropped them in the Fall. They have done that before. They would have sold like hotcakes. I get that not everyone liked it but given the number of former students that were in the Corps, it would have been popular. I wasn't in the corps and totally would have bought one.

Another example was the black cap adi introduced in 2015(?). This time adi released a replica to the retail side that wasn't a true fitted but a flex. It wasn't until 22 that they actually did release the black on-field cap that went with that year's black uniform. They released in in both 22 and 23 campaigns and can still be found in stores. Rally House and AO have them on their websites today.

By the way, if anyone knows more than I on any of this, please correct me. What I'm telling you is what I learned usually through buyers at the retail stores at the time or just deductions I made while trying to find these items for sell.
I've kept up with all the gear side of things since a few years ago but before that I really didn't pay attention.
Capitol Ag
AG
Photo dump. New maroon cap. And a side by side of the 2017 unstructured 1951 vs the 2023 version still in stores.

Last pic is of my helper.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.