Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tech releases statement: stink bait, not feces

15,786 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by bigred532
AggieMainland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Byrne did NOTHING wrong - in fact, IMO what he did was totally appropriate given the situation. "

REALLY? appropriate? It would be appropriate for an AD to not tweet about accusations like he did. It was damaging and stupid. I hate the ****in tards more than anything but that was not appropriate. You are a university leader. Get off twitter or getting someone to approve your tweets before sending them out.

Twitter might not be a "university statement" but it is a personal statement of a university employee. I would prefer if he just shut that thing down.
pimplepopper
AG
It wasn't fish bait, a tech co-ed spread her legs in the bus and everyone assumed it was fish bait.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NormanAg
AG
What did Byrne tweet that was wrong?

Edit: Spray paint vs shoe polish? Stink bait vs exrement? Pretty weak if you come back with that.

[This message has been edited by NormanAg (edited 10/10/2011 9:43p).]
TTPointMan
quote:
I want to see some pictures of this sheet! Show it, so we the people can be the judge!!!
Pictures are in the article below:

http://www.kcbd.com/story/15658116/no-police-report-filed-in-am-vandalism-incident

Bea Arthur is SEXY
quote:
So, they admit that they did something wrong, but somehow they are the victims? Jeez!

Welcome to the world of Texas Tech. Ten years ago, AD Myers spun the goalpost incident in an attempt to make it sound like A&M's fault. Spinning is what Tech does. Apologizing is not.
DRE06
AG
I agree with mainland.

Embarrassing.
crookedhalo92
Let's call Ken Starr to help!
West Point Aggie
AG
So great that we'll never play that trash heap of a school nor visit that nasty town/campus again!!!
chosin
AG
Why are y'all arguing with these tards? We all know what they say about arguing with idiots. Everyone knows tards vandalized our buses. That is all that matters. EOT
OrygunAg
AG
So long tceh. You have been really great and we really enjoyed you all.

[This message has been edited by SeaAg96 (edited 10/10/2011 9:58p).]
1876er
AG
Byrne
unmade bed
I figured the reports of paint were bs when no pictures surfaced. I didn't really care about the issue and get sick of our fans always pulling the "class" card (almost as sick as I get of the so and so in the media doesn't like us bull sheet).
BostonAg74
I think Byrne's "apology" should should read something like this:

"Before Saturday's game, I received word that our buses had been vandalized at the Holiday Inn where or team was staying. In my haste to dispel some of the rumors that had been floating around about the incident, I inadvertently misspoke about the nature of the vandalism and who might have been responsible. I would like to clear up any misconceptions that were made at this time. On Saturday, I stated that "somebody" had vandalized our buses. I should have been more specific. What I should have said was that some knuckledragging dirtbag from the God forsaken sh** hole of an excuse for a school in the God forsaken sh**hole of a dustbowl called Lubbock vandalized our buses. I hope that clears things up."
Ragnar Danneskjold
the ONLY thing refuting the feces is a statement by tech.
NormanAg
Scotch
AG
Tech is finally realizing that their tard behavior is not so "cute" when exposed to those outside of the hellhole that is Lubbock.

Hey raiders, not all stadiums need riot police to protect visitors from the home crowd.

You are the ONLY stadium in the Big 12 with a bad reputation, Colorado was also bad, but they were too stoned to throw batteries.

Bill Byrne tweeted what he knew at the time. If he was told bad info, blame the guys at the Holiday Inn... actually, don't. They've probably already been threated by classy raiders.
JAD AG85
AG
I'm just sitting here reading these posts and thinking the Texas Tech reply and description is kind of similar to Bob Stoops conducting an "internal investigation" of wrongdoing in his program. "there's nothing to see here....let's move along!!". Sorry to bring the Okies into it. That just seemed to be a good parallel.

Drum5343
AG
Lol it's funny because we embarrassed tech at their home field twice in a row.
CanyonAg77
AG
So tceh officials confirmed it was not feces? Sounds like the old Cheech and Chong routine.

NSFW Not Safe For Work You Tube, Language
dachsie
Why didn't aTm officials report it to the police. That was their first mistake.
Three Step Drop
Making mountains out of mole hills, it was unprofessional to make such a sensationalist claim when Byrne knew what the context of the situation would infer.
UTGrad02
Pretty pathetic by Dollar Bill IMO.
thats what I do
AG
Bostonag, that was perfect!

Why would A&M need to call the police? They had a DPS officer with them.
rab79
AG
Now that is a blue parachute response, BostonAg.

how many tards would explode in a foaming frenzy if $Bill actually put something like that out. Greatness.
dfwadam
Poop bus leaving you in the little 9 billboard? You don't want to start this up tards, w can go way longer because Ags actually get hired after we graduate.
BeBopAg
If tt really wants to honestly "man-up" they should volunteer a secure parking locale for all future visiting team buses OR...(at their own expense) agree to place a 24 hour security guard screen for all visiting team buses.
AgCommander
AG
tech = ball sweat. just get the pizza here on time you 2nd rate losers.
VirginiaAggie
AG
Zorro, Did you delete your thread because you didn't like the responses you were getting?

The bottom line here is that there was vandalism, regardless of the materials used. Obscenities are offensive whether written with paint or shoe polish, and one could argue that stink bait is just as bad a manure.

In my opinion, the appropriate response by the Tech Administration would be to apologize if their visitors were offended. Unfortunately, they seem to be spinning this to make themselves the victims. I think the way they have handled this reflects extremely poorly on them as a university. I also think it will just encourage their students to continue this nonsense, which we've seen year after year.

If you are an employer looking to hire graduates, don't you look for those with integrity who will represent your organization well? I know that's what we look for where I work in Washington. But, then again, we haven't hired any Tech grads lately.

[This message has been edited by VirginiaAggie (edited 10/10/2011 11:26p).]
Whistling For Flies
If smearing stink bait all over the inside of a car and writing curse words on the outside is " just a little prank" and "not vandalism," how about you tell me where you car is tonight?

Its absurd that Tech fans are painting Byrne as the bad guy. He never said anything at all about Tech in his tweet. The only thing of substance that he got wrong wax the spray paint versus shoe polish.

The idea that "there is no indication that it was tech fans" is beyond absurd.
Three Step Drop
So doing an investigation and correcting the misinformation while strongly condemning the action shows a lack of integrity??

Good thing we have all that integrity up in Washington!
NYC Poke
All I know is that I spent the night in jail in Stillwater for toilet papering a sorority house (with the members out there with us helping). I was charged with vandalism.

I am against charging high school and college students for crimes for things that really should be more properly considered pranks.

However, Tech is in denial about their out-of-control fanbase, and for them to minimize this is irresponsible. They have the worst reputation across the Big XII.

I know about the bad blood between your schools, but they do this stuff to other fans as well. Our fans have reported having tires slashed, tail lights knocked out, elderly fans being threatened by drunken students, etc. I'm not sure I'd ever attend a game there, and that's not what these games are supposed to be about.

Beat the Baptists, and run out the rest of your year. Y'all seem to have your swagger back.
duffelpud
AG
Tech investigators:

PartyofV
Minimization: Trivializing Behavior as a Manipulation Tactic
By Dr George Simon, PhD | 23 February 2009

When he uses the tactic of minimization, the disturbed character is attempting to convince someone else that the wrongful thing he did wasn’t really as bad or as harmful as he knows it was and as he knows the other person thinks it was.

This article is the second in a series of posts on the “tactics” disturbed characters use to resist accountability, manage the impressions others have of them, and hoodwink and manipulate others.

Dr. George Simon received his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Texas Tech University and has specialized in disturbances of personality and character for almost 25 years. {Ironic}

counsellingresource.com/features/2009/02/23/minimization-manipulation-tactic/

PartyofV
VirginiaAggie
AG
Yes, Three Step, many folks here in D.C. have integrity, though I can't speak for all the politicians on the Hill. In order to get a security clearance, they do a background investigation on you.

I don't know why I'm arguing with you Tech people. My post speaks for itself. The Tech Administration should to the right thing -- condemn and apologize. Why can't they take the high road?

I think Tech has a bad reputation, and it is getting worse -- that will not help their graduates in the future.

But, I really don't care any more.
Crew92Ag
AG
quote:
The Athletic Director from aTm showed a lack of class by releasing a statement to the media full of inaccuracies and grossly overblown. Yes, a tweet from the AD is a statement to the media, who picked it up immediately and ran with the false story.

Ad's don't use Twitter to "release statements". They hold press conferences or issue a press release.

The fact that the media and others assume twitter to be the AP Wire is not BB's problem. He tweets so Ags can see what's going on. Not to keep the media informed. If the media runs with it, there fault for using social media as a reliable news source without bothering to fact check anything.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.