Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tech releases statement: stink bait, not feces

15,803 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by bigred532
InternetFan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
He was reporting what he was told. And he never accused Tech. I guess they read the sarcastic "Classy" and saw themselves in it.

So funny that people are trying to blame him. A&M didn't even issue a statement. He confirmed it on Twitter and people are saying he's making a big deal about it?
okay so you think he's incompetent. Whatever. There was no need for him to say anything; especially if he didn't have first hand knowledge. That hurts his credibility.

Lol at you defending him saying he never mentioned tceh by name in those 140 characters. So if he had called out tceh students specifically you would change your mind in the issue?
ag9496

BaileyAg
AG
Teacher: Mrs. Johnson, your kid stuck his finger in his butt, smeared feces on little Sarah, and then threw his soiled underwear on top of the food trays.

Mrs. Johnson: He did no such thing! He peed on her face, threw his underwear on John's apple, and farted on the room monitor! I will not apologize!
78750Aggie
AG
"My Chief Engineer contacted me on Saturday afternoon and told me the buses were vandalized," Holiday Inn General Manager Paul Medawar said.

"The buses were written on with shoe shine polish and smelled of manure," Holiday Inn Chief Engineer Henry Gomez said.
AgKJ
AG
Hmm, which scenario is more likely?:

a) the visiting school effed up it's own buses as part of some weird motivational technique conspiracy; or

b) the tier-3 junior-college caliber host school did it, with its track record of:
- goalpost thrusting
- battery throwing
- vile profanity spewing towards all guests (including those with children)
- own administration campaign BEGGING students to change behavior, including ceasing the use of screaming F-words IN YOUR OWN SCHOOL SONG
- vandlization of visitor's automobiles reaching the level where it is common knowledge among fellow conference schools that all bumper stickers and decals related to another school should be removed prior to entering Lubbock city limits
- Tech alumni from the 60's and 70's frequently and profusely apologizing to alumni of other schools for barbaric behavior of student body...

But I guess we'll never know since no one has a high-def video of the "alleged incident".

Pure trash. So happy never to be involved with these idiots again.

Took me over 20 years to get away from those dewshnozzles in high school who flunked the SAT and then bragged about how hung-over they were that day. Finally.
wsm32
BB should be more responsible. He blew this out of proportion. He didn't even see it. I guess he smelled the fish bait.
Forever Scoreboard
How was he blowing it out of proportion?

catfish bait is ****ing nasty.

Danny Duberstein
And this, folks, is how you end up with a cesspool of an environment for other schools to visit - there's always an excuse or some sort of defense of illegal behavior.
thats what I do
AG
InternetFan, he TWEETED it.

He didn't issue a statement.

The school didn't issue a statement.

The school didn't press charges.

Here, let me apologize for the situation:

Dear Tech,
I'm sorry that you vandalized our team buses with fish bait and shoe polish. I hope you will accept our apology for this happening to us.
A&M
thats what I do
AG
Blue star for AgKJ
Texags is garbage
quote:
Looks like all you Aggies can relax a bit! Turns out the whole "vandalism" thing was over-exaggerated. Just another fun, harmless college rivalry prank...and please before anyone writes about how "classless" or "out of line" it was, just research college rivalry pranks. It was pretty mild. Regardless, I'm going to miss the rivalry.

-per Josh Abbott's facebook fanpage.

If it's really him making the posts, he might want refrain from telling Aggies to "relax". I mean, he primarily plays in Texas and his music is rather popular in College Station.

[This message has been edited by another future AG (edited 10/10/2011 8:33p).]
BostonAg74
The Twitter post:

quote:
Bill Byrne’s Twitter post on Saturday that read, “Someone vandalized our buses in Lubbock. Excrement inside and outside of buses plus spray painted vulgarities on outside. Classy.”

..and the response by a twit:

quote:
“Many of you are aware of a tweet from a Texas A&M official that their team buses were spray painted and animal feces were spread inside of the buses early Saturday morning. The clear implication of the tweet was that this was the responsibility of Texas Tech fans or students. Texas Tech has conducted an investigation regarding this allegation, and has discovered the following:

* The buses were not spray painted. Instead, washable shoe polish was used on the windows of one of the buses.
* No feces were found either in or on the buses. Fish bait was dropped onto the floor of one of the buses.
* The alleged “vandalism” was cleaned by the bus drivers and Holiday Inn staff before it was seen by the A&M official who tweeted the information.

While incidents such as the ones alleged are inappropriate and strongly condemned by Texas Tech, it is no less wrong to condemn the entirety of our university, students and supporters by posting inaccurate information on the internet for the purpose of sensationalizing the actions of one or a very few. We are disturbed by the careless use of social media to share these inaccuracies.”

Who wrote that statement? A ten year old?

So Tech "strongly condemns" the "alleged" incident (still not admitting it actually happened, one paragraph after providing details that it did), and by strongly condemn, we mean continuing to use the word "alleged" and putting 'vandalism' in quotes. Yeah that's a strong condemnation alright. You either take something seriously, or you don't. When a student goes to the campus infirmary at Tech, does he or she complain about an alleged "rash"?

Byrne said "someone" did the deed. How is that condemning the entirety of Tech's university, students and supporters? Is Tech so paranoid that they are going to assume that anyone who uses the word "someone" is talking about them? Besides, the actual behavior of Tech students at the games is far more damning to the university and its supporters than anything Bill Byrne might have said.

And as far as careless use of social media, what about the hateful and racist comments that were sent to Damontre' Moore's Twitter account....by Tech fans....who used their real names?

At the end of the day, there is nothing in Bill Byrne's twitter posts that did anywhere near the damage to Tech's "alleged" reputation than the documented behavior of its students and fans before, during and after the game.
Ragnar Danneskjold
who is josh abbot?
Blanco Ag
AG
So someone "dropped" fish bait on the floor of one of the busses?

How do they know that?
Texags is garbage
Texas Country artist.

Apparently a tard as well.
Zorro
dachsie, I'll admit, the thought of aggies putting fish bait on their own rented bus is a rather far-fetched concept.

Of course, there is something of a precedent. At least two precedents, in fact.

RC doused himself and the aggie players with red gatoraide in the locker room right before the 1989 game in Lubbock, an act for which the Tech students were blamed in the press and among aggie fans. (RC finally owned up to having done it a couple of months later.)

And then, of course, in Goalpostgate (2001), Col. William Travis "Mike" McKinney clobbered an A&M fan with his binoculars, for which the A&M fan hit him back, cutting his eye and prompting McKinney to place the blame on Tech ("It was a guy in a RED shirt--he knocked the fool out of me!".

So, given the history, perhaps $Bill was trying to inspire the aggies with a pre-game stink.

¡ Z !
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
InternetFan, he TWEETED it.

He didn't issue a statement.

The school didn't issue a statement.

The school didn't press charges.

Welcome to 2011. When an AD tweets something like that it will be covered as a news story. More signs of incompetence by Byrne.

And A&M did provide more info to the media with quotes from the A&M assistant police chief about what happened and confirmed that the Texas Tech police were contacted

[This message has been edited by Internetfan02 (edited 10/10/2011 8:49p).]
thats what I do
AG
My understanding is that a reporter wrote about that Tech incident, it wasn't A&M making an accusation.

On the other, you are claiming that the A&M fans were sitting there and one attacked the other one? No goal post or Tech fans in the area creating chaos?
Danny Duberstein
Your fans are an embarrassment. Scoreboard. Bye.
thats what I do
AG
quote:
Welcome to 2011. When an AD tweets something like that it will be covered as a news story. More signs of incompetence by Byrne.

And A&M did provide more info to the media with quotes from the A&M police chief about what happened and confirmed that the Texas Tech police were contacted

Byrne tweeted in RESPONSE to a bunch of inquiries on both sides and reports from Lubbock that A&M had done that to our own buses to "motivate" the team.

The other was answering media questions. Neither rises to the level of making a big deal about anything. Tech on the other hand are the biggest bunch of drama queens I've ever seen.

Quick question: Were the buses vandalized? With all the baiting (no pun intended) and switching, I'm confused.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
delete thread.

Zorro.....
agwin12
AG
Bottom line is that we should NEVER need to enter the Lubbock city limits again to play a sporting event. If we schedule the Tards anytime in the future, it should be at our house or we don't play. Period.
Ragnar Danneskjold
Tech PR:

Our students vandalized the bus with shoe polish and stink bait, not feces and paint. Can you believe those Aggies?
Zorro
Are you proud that your athletic director $Bill Byrne tweeted bald-faced, sensationalized lies that were picked up by national media? It sounds like you must be.

Ragnar Danneskjold
Poor butthurt tard. Cant even retort honestly.

Why do you assume anyone believes the tech statement? A bunch of vandalizing scum bags run that juco.

Byrne won more national titles in the last 11 months than your school has ever won. You mad? Yeah, you mad.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 10/10/2011 9:10p).]
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Byrne tweeted in RESPONSE to a bunch of inquiries on both sides and reports from Lubbock that A&M had done that to our own buses to "motivate" the team.
Doesn't matter why he did it. He handled it poorly. Amazing that we've been begging for Byrne to lay out more facts against all the negative spin and lies from Dodds and others regarding the SEC move and then he jumps the gun on something as stupid as this. I wish Byrne would lash out emotionally on twitter when Dodds spouts off about him.
Danny Duberstein
A Holiday Inn employee was quoted saying it was feces. Why shouldnt have Byrne believed it was true when he tweeted it?

This thread and press release are just beauriful though - getting a view as to what kind of behavior even the tard administration will defend.
Ragnar Danneskjold
Why do you think Byrne was wrong? Because of the tech investigation?
thats what I do
AG
Lied? Come on. He was misinformed at worst.

Please dwell on this story more. Please. Your administrators are making absolute fools out of themselves defending phantom accusations against your students. The buses were vandalized. FACT.

In the future, let Lubbock PD comment (not Tech) and say they don't know who did it. Maybe don't apologize and then back track and try to blame the person whose vehicle was vandalized.

quote:
Doesn't matter why he did it. He handled it poorly. Amazing that we've been begging for Byrne to lay out more facts against all the negative spin and lies from Dodds and others regarding the SEC move and then he jumps the gun on something as stupid as this. I wish Byrne would lash out emotionally on twitter when Dodds spouts off about him.

Really? Maybe he didn't care enough about the buses to make as big of a deal out of it as Tech wanted him to.

I can only imagine the crap that keeps you up at night.

[This message has been edited by thats what I do (edited 10/10/2011 9:16p).]
KingAgWhami
AG
quote:
Someone vandalized our buses in Lubbock. Excrement inside and outside of buses plus spray painted vulgarities on outside. Classy.

At what point does this implicate tceh in anything?

NormanAg
AG
quote:
...he jumps the gun on something as stupid as this

How in hell did he "jump he gun"?

It's really getting tiresome to listen to so many ags trashing every little crapping thing that happens.

Byrne did NOTHING wrong - in fact, IMO what he did was totally appropriate given the situation.
SpiderDude
AG
Having lived in a Corps dorm where another outfit's fish class spread stink bait down the entire wall of our hall...I can assure you that stink bait is actually worse than manure...or even human fecal matter for that matter. Those buses will smell of it for weeks if not months. That smell lingers a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG time...and it's enough to make you gag at the first smell of it!!!

Danny Duberstein
Agree Spider. Anyone downplaying it because it was stinkbait vs manure clearly doesnt fish.
Nolan915

Someone in Lubbock showed a lack of class, with a harmless prank on one of the aTm buses.

The Athletic Director from aTm showed a lack of class by releasing a statement to the media full of inaccuracies and grossly overblown. Yes, a tweet from the AD is a statement to the media, who picked it up immediately and ran with the false story.

The aTm AD should issue an apology.
bfvp
I want to see some pictures of this sheet! Show it, so we the people can be the judge!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.