Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tech releases statement: stink bait, not feces

15,769 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by bigred532
Danny Duberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
If someone makes an accusation against an entity

Please point out the entity in Byrne's tweet. Generally, when making an argument about inaccurate statements, it's a good idea to ensure your argument isn't full of its own inaccuracies. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
Danny Duberstein
Oh, and one more thing:

Scoreboard.

3 years running.

Every sport.
Gone
Scoreboard Everlasting in Football.
PM99Ag
AG
Anyone else notice this is NOT an apology at all? Read it. The statement says “While incidents such as the ones alleged are inappropriate and strongly condemned by Texas Tech…”. Ask yourself….what was alleged? That was what Byrne tweeted. What they say they found was something different. So, while they “strongly condemn” something they said didn’t happen, that must mean they support what they actually claim to happen. Now, THAT is classy. Sounds to me like Byrne had it right all along.
JJxvi
AG
Texas Tech has not been accused of doing anything, as far as I know...
agent-maroon
AG
quote:
Texas Tech issued a statement Monday answering Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne’s Twitter post on Saturday that read, “Someone vandalized our buses in Lubbock. Excrement inside and outside of buses plus spray painted vulgarities on outside. Classy.

The Tech statement read in part, “Many of you are aware of a tweet from a Texas A&M official that their team buses were spray painted and animal feces were spread inside of the buses early Saturday morning. The clear implication of the tweet was that this was the responsibility of Texas Tech fans or students.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/aggies/article/Tech-officials-decry-prank-on-A-M-2212351.php

How does one get an accusation or "clear implication" out of Byrne's tweet?

My truck once got broken into while I was attending a Lubbock church service. I had several hundred dollars worth of clothing (irreplaceable elephant hide boots, etc.) stolen in the break in. If I had tweeted that information would I have been accusing a tceh student of being the thief?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgCPA
AG
I use to pretty much consider Arkansas and LSU fans the only truly moronic fans.... but sadly over the years Tech and tu fans have surpassed them. Walking around either stadium at a game is a guaranteed rude vulgar encounter and sometimes down right dangerous. Good riddance...
careerchange05
AG
Who cares about any of this?

#1 Byrne was a homo for tweeting about it. In fact, twitter in general is chock full of gay.

#2 Tech fans did this. It's obvious. If it would have been crap, then that's funny. As long as it's not permanent damage, it's just a prank. That's what you're supposed to do.

I once peed on the 50 yard line at tech in the middle of the night when I was a senior in college. I thought it was hilarious... Still do.
BostonAg74
quote:
I completely disagree and .....yadda,yadda, yadda.......God......founding fathers.......yadda, yadda...

Here's how it's done:

"We at Texas Tech pride ourselves on the hospitality and respect we show to visiting teams and fans when they come to our campus"

(Editorial note:yeah, I know this is crap but keep in mind that this is a PR statement. It's supposed to be at least 50% crap by definition).

"Prior to the game with Texas A&M this past Saturday, at least one of their team buses was vandalized while parked at the team's hotel. Although the nature of the vandalism did not match up with early reports, it was still an act of vandalism and we do not take it lightly. We condemn this act in the strongest possible terms, and if our investigation reveals that the culprit or culprits were students, they will face severe disciplinary action."

"As the host school, we are responsible for the welfare of visiting teams and fans. Incidents such as this one do not reflect well on the university or the community. It is our responsibility to foster and atmosphere of respect and hospitality for visitors to our campus, and when any members our community fail to live up to those ideals, we must accept some of the responsibility. On behalf of the entire Texas Tech family, we apologize to Texas A&M and its fans, as well as to the great majority of respectful Texas Tech fans, for this incident which occurred on our watch."

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?
bigred532
AG
The team flew to Lubbock and then used buses to travel around the city. Lubbock buses. Reports say one of the buses couldn't be locked, which is why the alleged "vandalizers" were able to gain entry and distribute the smells-worse-than-sh*t stink bait.

So how come nobody has asked how common it is to not be able to lock a ~$500,000 bus? And then for that bus to be chartered out to an important visiting entity? Seems like a little more than a coincidence to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.