Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

tech releases statement: stink bait, not feces

15,780 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by bigred532
unmade bed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so could it be said that Bill Byrne literally does not know sheet from shinola?
HeyMoe
AG
This just in: It wasn't stink bait, it was panties from a tech coed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...."and it's Goodbye to A&M........"
Adam87inSA
AG
SCOREBOARD.

FOREVER.

AND EVER.
AgSorostitute
Funny thing is... the team flew to LBK. So they vandalized their own community's property?
SEC or Bust
So they are finally admitting that the bus (owned by a Lubbock business) was vandalized by their own students?

Is this supposed to make that act of stupidity okay now?

Just put that incident on the pile of thousands of reasons why we are better off leaving this God forsaken conference.

HarleySpoon
AG
Texas Tech? Help me out here...is that the alternative education school in west Texas or the technical training school in Waco TSIT or TSTI or something? Seems like somewhere in the shadows of my memory we used to play a school with a name like that...not sure if they ever won anything in sports? Now I remember...my bad...that's the online school that's taken the place of summer school for underachieving high schoolers. My daugher had a classmate that had to take one of those courses to get from 11th to 12th.

[This message has been edited by HarleySpoon (edited 10/11/2011 4:25a).]
Happy Kuykendahl
Considering the assistant to the chancellor at tceh was tweeting hateful messages at one of our players, you'll have to excuse us if we really don't give a damn about our AD's tweet hurting your feelings
dfwadam
Just woke up and read through this again...seriously could Tech be any worse? They're so bad at everything, obviously football SCOREBOARD, and basketball with the Bob Knight flop, education with the fact that there are zero real world winners telling Tech at ALL and now finally class - they're attacking victims of vandalization for not perfectly describing their crime on their personal account. I'm a metaphor guy, look it up tards, but I'm having trouble coming up with one for this. You're literally a poorly run young adult daycare. It adds no value to your resume, it doesn't teach you any integrity and if you can see yourself you'd be embarrassed to admit you paid for the experience.
dfwadam
Or how about this: No one is at A&M because they couldn't get into Tech.

[This message has been edited by Dfwadam (edited 10/11/2011 7:52a).]
WDL_AGGIE2
dfwadam...winner!
BostonAg74
quote:
So doing an investigation and correcting the misinformation while strongly condemning the action shows a lack of integrity??

Attempting to trivialize a crime by using the word "alleged" and then following up with quotes around the word "vandalism" is not a strong condemnation. The fact they did not simply take responsibilty and apologize, and instead chose to spin their way out of responsibility, shows lack of integrity, and it is part of long standing pattern for Tech.
bigfoot10s
AG
THEY CHEATED IN THE GAME BY MAKING THE CLAIMS WE VANDALIZED THEIR BUSES!! SOMEONE CALL THE NCAA AND GET THE GAME RESULT REVERSED!!!

/ tceh fan

Seriously, why are they pursuing this so hard? You vandalized the buses, whether it was with feces or fish bait. I'm sure they feel that this is not as bad of a crime.

[This message has been edited by bigfoot10s (edited 10/11/2011 9:02a).]
BostonAg74
quote:
Considering the assistant to the chancellor at tceh was tweeting hateful messages at one of our players, you'll have to excuse us if we really don't give a damn about our AD's tweet hurting your feelings

I missed that one. Did he or she get busted? Who was it?
SA Ag
What a bunch of crap.
BQ87
AG
From the KCBD story:

quote:
Texas Tech Student Body President Tyler Patton wrote a letter to Texas Tech University President Guy Bailey Sunday saying the University "should take a more proactive approach in calling this for what it is: unverifiable allegations puffed up by our conference rivals to further reduce our credibility as a student body and as a university."

It's good to see they are admitting how bad their reputation is.
monkeyaround
If you look back over the history of these incidents at Tech, they tend to initially apologize, then somehow turn it all around and make it A&M's fault. Every single time. They never take responsibility for anything, which is what has always made them classless clowns.
burnt meat
I am surprised tceh hasn't used the old .."well they were asking for it , did you see how they were dressed ?"

tceh fan base just grow up, it seems you have to have an eyewitness or it didn't happen. But in the back of your mind you know all the crappy things your fans have done over the years to your opposing fans and teams, so you know this incident is highly probable.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
We are disturbed by the careless use of social media to share these inaccuracies

I am disturbed by the use of my tax money being used to teach Lubbock students.

It puts the color on the paper, not on the buses...

[This message has been edited by FriscoKid (edited 10/11/2011 10:18a).]
buckley_made_the_hit
AG
BQ87 has a good point. hard to "further reduce" something that's not already down the road of reduction, eh? betcha the a$$clown student body prez would like to have that one back.
Gone
Why would anyone ever go to that crappy school? The one grad I know that went there sucks majorly and the students that I know are literally too stupid to insult.
swc93
AG
Now that we are leaving the conference and will hopefully never play them again;

What school will they pretend the ass of their horsey on campus is pointing at now?
agent-maroon
AG
I watched the game on a Louisiana bayou about 40 miles away from New Orleans with a house full of LSU fans. When the story of foul smelling desecration and other acts of vandalism broke on twitter, they actually stopped their regularly scheduled abuse of all things A&M to acknowledge the crap fans that are tards. Until they had read up on our reasons to leave this crap hole conference they hadn't realized how classless tceh fans really are. I guess I should thank you because they left me and my Mizzou nephew alone after that, but let's pause to let that sink in a minute: drunk, abusive, "tiguh-bait" shouting LSU fans fresh off a complete thrashing of Florida stopped taunting an A&M SEC conference newbie because they think tceh is classless.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UTGrad02
Some of you guys never cease to amaze.

If an Aggie did this, the VAST MAJORITY would call it "good bull" and would be railing on the Tech AD for lying about the incident.

Look, anyone who has been to Lubbock knows about the Techtards. I've probably been to 6-7 UT-TT Games and it is the one school in the Big 12 I honestly have no desire to visit again, because it seemed to get worse every time I went (my last trip was 06).

That being said, BB severely overreacted to a college prank. In this day and age of social media, a public figure "tweeting" about something such as this may as well be a press release. If BB doesn't understand that, he probably should just stop using twitter all together.

For a school trying to clean up its reputation, Tech has every right to be pissed at BB for flat out lying and making a national news story out of nothing.

brehm14
HE NEVER SAID TECH HE SAID IN LUBBOCK!
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:
If an Aggie did this, the VAST MAJORITY would call it "good bull" and would be railing on the Tech AD for lying about the incident.

You're so full of *****it's ridiculous. We had our own incident along these lines - we had a CT fling *****on the tu band. And guess what? The MAJORITY of people condemned his actions, immediately. What he did was stupid, immature and put our university in a bad light. It was NOT good bull.

And for the record, I'd much rather have crap flung on me than stink bait. That smell has to leave on it's own. It gets (and stays) everywhere.
Gone
quote:
For a school trying to clean up its reputation, Tech has every right to be pissed at BB for flat out lying and making a national news story out of nothing.

Trying to clean up its reputation? Since when has tech "tried" to clean up it's reputation in ANYTHING?

Sports....fail.
Academics....ultra fail.
Fans.....fail.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
Why didn't aTm officials report it to the police. That was their first mistake.

They aren't our buses. It is the responsibility of the bus company to report vandalism... it's THEIR property, not ours.
BostonAg74
quote:
For a school trying to clean up its reputation

It seems to me that a better way for Tech to clean up its reputation would be to get their supporters to actually stop doing stuff like this, instead of going into full spin mode when another school calls them out on it. Tech never, ever takes responsibility for the actions of its fans. Time after time after time, their response is to trivialize the incident, then play the victim card about the mean old media ganging up on Tech. Here's some advice: Stop worrying about "cleaning up your reputation". You are what you are. All the spinning in the world is not going to restore the virtue of a hooker. At least when Leach was there, he was honest enough to embrace the image.
agent-maroon
AG
quote:

Is sippy really trying to lecture us on protecting ones "reputation"? This is laughable coming from a tu grad whose alma mater's response to charges of forcing numerous self-serving disadvantages upon their conference mates is to say "you would too if you could" and then expecting everybody to just be happy & accept it...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Three Step Drop
quote:
The fact they did not simply take responsibilty and apologize, shows lack of integrity

I completely disagree and I thank God that our founding fathers, society, and the justice system disagrees with you too. If someone makes an accusation against an entity using misinformation and that misinformation is picked up by national news outlets and portrayed as fact. I am of the belief that entity has a right to an investigation and a statement of the correct information.

If every defendant was simply forced to apologize and take responsibility for every accuser's misinformation our society would cease to exist. I'm fairly certain that if someone accused you of an act that was exaggerated and had misinformation, you would at minimum attempt to release the correct information and no one would think you had a lack of integrity for doing so, and no one would think you were trying to trivialize your actions by presenting the correct information.

[This message has been edited by Three Step Drop (edited 10/11/2011 12:26p).]
Rydyn
AG
quote:
Apparently it was an hospitable act, since the fish bait actually smells better than the lubbock air
Stink Bait = Air Freshener in Lubbock.

Gone
Sazerac
AG
Now techsters are saying the official investigation will state it was Aggie Players who did this to the "freshman" bus - hence the fishbait. You know, that bus for all the frshmen we took to lubbock.

These idiots are unreal.
fireinthehole
This thread is a total load of manure, er, I mean stinkbait.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Is this an example of a bad trolling effort (using stink-bait) by Tceh?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.