Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If t.u. wanted in SEC, how would you vote?

19,730 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by aggiesnake
DJTexAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Check out time June 30
Under NO circumstance is t.u. worth the trouble they bring to a conference. The SEC does not need them. Bring t.u. in and you will have the same situation as you had in the SWC and the Big12. A conference at odds with one another and schools looking to get out. They are the black plague of college sports. The SEC should leave well enough alone.
coshatteag
Would vote yes for Clemson

And i would vote NO again on tu. so would mizzou, lsu likely as well. Slive and his predeccesor dont want to invite the humble brag into a conference genuinely built on conference equality.

If the U were winning again, tu would not be nearly as attractive inthe southern region. Ou would be much better.

[This message has been edited by coshatteag (edited 6/9/2012 6:51a).]
Aggie GIGolo
AG
Mr. Dodds:

Thank you for your interest in the SEC. I regret to inform you that your application has been denied.

[This message has been edited by Aggie GIGolo (edited 6/9/2012 11:15a).]
Skull Session
The SEC should extend invitations to Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Clemson, FSU, and Ga. Tech long before they should t.u. t.u. has too much baggage and will try to take over the SEC once they are in the conference. So if you want a major distraction/liability in your conference t.u. is the program for you.

BTW, I vote "NO" on bringing them into the conference.
McInnis80
I don't get the love for Georgia Tech. Yes it is a very good school, but they are not SEC good. They left for a reason. They are the number two college team in Atlanta and they can't fill a small stadium.

Miami is also another school I don't see in the SEC. They are a small private school, and their stadium is 30 minutes away from campus on a good day. Plus the NCAA hammer is about the come down.

College football is great, but it does not do well when they have to compete with the NFL. Just ask SMU, U of H, Rice, Tulane and Minnesota.
biglebowski
No way
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
They are the number two college team in Atlanta
Georgia's in Athens. Who's better than GA Tech in Atlanta? Do you mean they're #2 in popularity in the ATL? I'd believe that.
Triple-T
AG
They are a disaster waiting to happen

espn.com
Triple-T
AG
The cost is too high for the reward

3TFunding.com
Over 40 types of Commercial Finance & Credit
fosterag
AG
No admittance to tu. Dr Loftin and BOR made a hundred year decision to move to SEC.I'm mystified about having this discussion at all.Are we doing this just for fun? Institutions in association must have respect for each other and not have to watch its back.
I've been personally to fifty one games between these schools. I have reconciled myself that the only right move is for each school to move in opposite directions. I can see in the future some athletic contests but strictly non-conference in mode.Texas A&M is a wonderful school that will grow and prosper. It doesn't need to be in conjunction with tu.
gig em!
BillOnCapitolHill
I would vote for Obama before I would vote for texas in the SEC.
aggaggie
Yes. We will miss 'em.
Tomdoss92
AG
Tomdoss92
AG
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
I would vote for Obama before I would vote for texas in the SEC.
So would I.
aTm1990
AG
Aw Hell NO!
Freebird98
AG
No, never. Next Question.
aggiesnake
AG
Yep let them see real defenses

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.