Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If t.u. wanted in SEC, how would you vote?

19,718 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by aggiesnake
2006EE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MostlyHarmless
AG
quote:
My opinion is that this will eventually come to be and a&m will have veto power. Will you let your cousins in our league?

A. No
B. Hell no!
C. F*** no!

FIFY
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Sec is looking at expanding its geological footprint and tv numbers... Everyone already knows (based on history) that the sip fans will crawl into the woodwork if the wheels fall of their program... Which a move to the sec will almost gurantee. (hell they are doing a good job of it already in the big 12).

So should the SEC consider dealing with pompous arrogant horns for the gain of a sliver of the Texas market, a historicly sports relevant school with good academics? My guess is that dodds running his mouth is making their decision easy.

Geological footprint, huh?

Nice.
zmurda
Bone6
It's a much more real possibility when you take a step back. Everyone ignored this during the summer and forgot how quickly things can change in conference reshuffle, but if...

A) It becomes more and more apparent the Big XII isn't a viable long-term option.

B) t.u. realizes that they aren't going to be able to join the ACC, Big 10, or Pac 12 with their outlandish conditions giving them a lot of power and will have to be an equal.

...They will realize if they are going to have to join a conference on equal terms, they might as well join the one that could give them the most money. On top of that, if you think we could block them you're kidding yourself. They are on a very short list of the most lucrative schools to be added to any conference. The SEC isn't going to give us veto power when it comes to t.u...Slive would do back flips if we was able to land them.

[This message has been edited by BailJack6 (edited 6/1/2012 12:31a).]
sshm
AG
I suspect we will be in the same conference with them again eventually, though it will not be until after the fall of the superconference era, and we will both be joining the whatever conference as charter members.
slider676
AG
Verne Lundquist
AG
gfy sips
sawemoff2010
AG
I can think of some conditions for allowing them in, but don't think they'd be happy with those conditions.

So no way
12th Ag
AG
No.
ringorat1
hsalley
No.
LB12Diamond
AG
Never happen because they are too scared of the comp.
CC-ag
monarch
S
I dont vote for liberals...
lakeside aggie
AG
No
iceman08
AG
NO
Sharpshooter
AG
I would consider ONLY if they agreed to a 60 (A&M)/40(t.u.) split of the PUF.
sawemoff2010
AG
Whats PUF?
KLSanchez
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
Sharpshooter
AG
quote:
Whats PUF?

Permanent University Fund.
aggiebones
AG
If they permanently got a quarter share of revenues. And if we could singularly kick them out at anytime we wanted to. Because it was fun the first time who wouldn't wanna do it again too.

And ball jack, you underestimate the power of veto block in the sec. tu will never ever get in the sec. They also don't want to. And they also have abilities to get in the big 10 or the pac 10 singularly if they want to.

[This message has been edited by aggiebones (edited 6/1/2012 8:50a).]
7Rings
AG
Hell no. I would rather walk through downtown Tehran wrapped in a giant American flag than allow that arrogance into our league.

HELL no. No sir, nope, Negative.
7Rings
AG
Hell no. I would rather walk through downtown Tehran wrapped in a giant American flag than allow that arrogance into our league.

HELL no. No sir, nope, Negative.
agman08
I hope they go to C-USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bockaneer
AG
tu can still go PAC w/0u and probably even bring along osu and TT to make it PAC 16. That's why FSU to big tuelve makes no sense for the noles.
Maroon Dawn
AG
No.

And believe me, we aren't the only "No" votes either.

Missouri, Arky and LSU are automatic "NO!" votes for the sips too.

LincolnBorglum79
AG
Isnt the Bevo 10 already the same as CUSA? From the couch burners in Morgantown to the tortilla tossers in Lubbock, sure looks like CUSA to me.

When you lose the largest school in Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and Texas and replace them with another Baylor type private school and a state school from a small poor state on the east coast, you suffer.
GeorgiAg
AG
with LHN? no. If they fired Dodds and agreed to the all for one, one for all mentality? maybe - but that will never happen. They are too arrogant for that.
coastalaggie87
h--- no
Mac94
AG
No, no, and uhhhhhhhhh, NO

If the SEC wanted to expand in this direction target the Sooners ... new state to the footprint and much more SEC like program with a national name.
texag84
AG
Hell NO!

Not because of pure hatred, which is strong, but because we need to keep our unique opportunity that WE only can offer to recruits considering us and the sips. The opportunity to play in SEC.
heddy Lamarr
AG
Yes if they dump LHN and agree to a revenue share that is 25% less than ours.

Show me your TDs
I've already heard rumblings that this could happen and that state politics would dictate that the SEC would have to take the Horns. Enjoy being out from under the shadow for the next couple of years. But just like death and taxes, the Horns will be back, back in the SEC.
SpringsAg
AG
LMAO @ Crim Son pic.

I went to high school with those guys. That's in our schools parking lot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.