Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If t.u. wanted in SEC, how would you vote?

19,726 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by aggiesnake
GAMECOCKS_FTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I apologize Texas is the greatest football program of all time and the sec would jump all over it's self to get them and anyone else who thinks otherwise is just a complete moron.
rocky the dog
AG
troll.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
bill, I'm sayin' "That'll Be the Day" they join
the SEC!
Sweet. Gotcha, rocky the dog. Thanks for clarifying for me. (Plus, I'm a big Buddy Holly and Sam Cooke fan, so the sight of the 45 just put songs into my head that I'll be falling asleep to later.
GAMECOCKS_FTW
Why am I being referred to as a troll???
LtZogg
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Game...it's just your idiotic post about the t sips having a quality football program. They don't. Sorry you have been misled. The assumption is that you are a t sip pretending to be from USC.

tu is way too chicken to every ask to join the SEC, so the point is moot. They think of themselves as a california team and will eventually be in the PAC 16 with cal berkley.

Hope this helps.
SEC or Bust
Longhorns have consistently turned their nose up at joining the SEC and have fought A&M along the way for wanting to join the SEC. No way they come crawling back to A&M/SEC wanting to join now or in the future. So the issue is mute. Not going to happen.
zmac127
AG
HELL NO. But I would laugh first.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Guys, as much as I loathe the idea of the sips in the SEC, I know they're smart enough to opt that way if they were convinced it were their best long-term option. If the SEC TV money dwarfs all between now and 2025-ish and they feel they'd only fall behind in the tiny-12 or POS 16, they'll come calling if they're smart. That's when I'm hoping the SEC will feel that adding teams from other, new states will be most beneficial for the conference long-term.

Georgia Tech used to be way better than UGA. Clemson used to be way better than South Carolina. SEC teams have a habit of becoming better than other in-state, non-SEC teams.
THE LOVER
No.
THE LOVER
Not allowed in.
GAMECOCKS_FTW
First of all somebody clarify to me what the hell a t sip is??? If that is Texas. I wasn't praising Texas's football program. I think a lot of people missed the part of my idiotic statement where I said Texas IMO was a bit overrated for the times.
Cannonball Craig III
AG

Gamer, if you have to ask that question, you are not qualified to be posting anything related to or pertaining to the sips. Please do some more homework on the subject of tu before embarrasing yourself on these boards. Thanks.
SpringsAg
AG
Let them play the trash in the big 12.
GAMECOCKS_FTW
Well you'll have to excuse me but I don't follow Texas football. Moreover, the only reason I even posted anything is because the thread was SEC related anything that gets posted involving the sec makes me qualified to post on here because my team is in that league. I think it's funny how people think everybody is intimately familiar with Texas as a football program. I'm sure there are people on here that don't know much about the Gamecocks I'm not being a jerk about it though. Btw blasting people for have a differing opinion other than yours doesn't make them idiotic it just makes you stupid for not being able to think outside of the box that is all.
Trickydick
If they ever found their nut sacks.... I know I know giant IF.

I would vote no they have ran 2 conferences into the ground in recent history.
60Cal
AG
Phrfuuurrrt....
Smithjg
Cornerback31
AG
Hell No !!!! Nobody wants to be associated with arrogant jerks. Besides my Alabama connections say the Birmingham bankers that run the SEC won't let them in at any cost. See SWC gone. Nebraska gone. Colorado gone. Texas A&M gone. Missouri gone. Who needs a conference wrecker in the house?
AginKS
Gamecockftw: some help with Aggie terms that you will see, hear and need to know - especially since you visit this forum. It will also help if you are fortunate enough to find yourself in the true "Home of the 12th Man."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_Texas_A%26M_University_terms
Some of definitions may be off but I don't know of a better page for you.

You asked, "what is a t sip." Obviously, it's what we call anybody who likes, is a fan of, or graduated from tu. How we arrive at that is; to me, better explained in person because it's easier visually. So again, when you're at your first away game at Kyle field: ask. There will be many happy to show you.
RAB83
AG
quote:
They think of themselves as a california team and will eventually be in the PAC 16 with cal berkley.

quote:
Longhorns have consistently turned their nose up at joining the SEC and have fought A&M along the way for wanting to join the SEC.

Ags get it. I'm pretty sure anyone from Mizzou and any long time Piggy fans have a pretty good feel for the sips' attitude and arrogance as well. No one else in the SEC will.

The sips may respect SEC football, but they despise the SEC. Only Florida and Vandy would be good enough for them to associate with. If you've ever lived in Kalifornia and been around Austin, they're the same. The sips are left coast in attitude and think that's where they fit. Their president is a Berkeley grad and was just drooling about the chance to go west a couple of years ago. They want the PAC like we wanted the SEC.

The only reason the sips aren't in the PAC now is they got nervous two years ago when we broke ranks and were ready to join the SEC. They only reason they didn't broker a deal bringing along their retarded half brother in Lubbock, Zero U, and Okie Lite is the PAC doesn't want sip tv. No one does.

As long as the sips have their tv network that no one watches, they can't go anywhere. Without it, they would already be in the PAC.

I quit paying a lot of attention to the Big 12ish once it was clear we were going to be free of it, but I think they all signed something where they give up five years of TV revenue if they leave the conference. Of course, contracts are something sips consider important for other people, so I'm sure they have an out. If not, they'll just figure out a way to blow up the Big 12ish so the contract doesn't matter.

SEC money won't attract the sips. They think they would automatically bump the value of any conference to the point where the conference would be able to max out a TV contract.

For the SEC, as the Mr SEC blog has highlighted and some on this thread have indicated, the sips bring little of importance to the SEC now that A&M's a member. Ditto for Clemson, Ga Tech, Louisville, FSU, and Miami.

Grabbing a Carolina or Virginia school makes the most sense. Slive probably gave that a try before settling on Missouri. Va Tech won't go anywhere without UVa. UVa looks down on SEC academics, the same as the sips. UNC and Duke are joined at the hip. The only possibility is NC State, which cares more about football than its cousins and might want to escape the UNC shadow. Otherwise, there just aren't a bunch of options. The SEC could probably pick up the Okie twins, but who wants the retarded half brother?

Bottom line is the sips can't go anywhere until they lose their tv network, which isn't going to happen. If they could go anywhere, they'd go west, not south.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
GAMECOCKS, you're not a troll, and you're sure as hell not a sip.

Teasip

Definition: Also known as a t-sip or sip. To most Aggies, "any Longhorn, Longhorn fan or sympathizer. To me, only an arrogant, elitist, effete, a-hole, condescending, belittling, denigrating, derogating, holier-than-thou Longhorn fan.

Origin: We started in 1876 as and "A&M" college...Agriculture and Mechanics, or farming and engineering. t.u. (texas university) started at a more fully well-rounded liberal arts school, so immediately they looked down upon us as being blue collar, intellectually inferior, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, redneck hicks. They were also in Austin, the capitol of the State of Texas, and we were off in a rural area outside of Bryan, TX. (College Station did not exist yet, and grew up - slowly and naturally - around the university). So, they were calling us stupid, dirt farmers, anti-intellectual, etc., and we started calling them teasips, as in people who sit around having high-brow dangling conversations, sipping little cups of tea with their pinkies up.

We're Aggies (or students of agriculture, plus many other things now), and they're teasips, or my personal favorite, just plain ole sips. Again, I refer to only arrogant, a-hole Longhorns as 'sips,' and, given the behavior of their fan base and Athletic Dept., I'm still left with a lot to work with.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
Well you'll have to excuse me but I don't follow Texas football. Moreover, the only reason I even posted anything is because the thread was SEC related anything that gets posted involving the sec makes me qualified to post on here because my team is in that league. I think it's funny how people think everybody is intimately familiar with Texas as a football program. I'm sure there are people on here that don't know much about the Gamecocks I'm not being a jerk about it though. Btw blasting people for have a differing opinion other than yours doesn't make them idiotic it just makes you stupid for not being able to think outside of the box that is all.
Gamecock, that's a damn good post, and you're 100% right. Please see my post above about t.u. and teasips, and please continue to post. Your comments are thoughtful and rational, plus they provide an SEC perspective that some of us Ags are trying to gain. Thanks.
Triad
AG
Post Padding
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I have always heard that the term "tea-sipper" came from how they sat on their front porches and sipped tea (inset visual of some dainty prissy butt with their pinkie held up) while we went out and won WWII for them.

[This message has been edited by The Chicken Ranch (edited 6/8/2012 10:14a).]
Raptor
Gig em G
AG
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck NO.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
The Chicken Ranch, I won't dispute that. I grew up in College Station and heard that story many times, but that doesn't mean it's correct, or that it's the only origin of the phrase. Glad to hear your version.
DeWrecking Crew
Someone posting this about a program on their rivals football board is by very defintion a troll....
quote:
I apologize Texas is the greatest football program of all time...

And oh yeah, that would be the quickest veto the SEC has ever experienced
3xranger
AG
Not no, but fu@k NO!
dixichkn
AG
Gone Fishin
AG
No girls allowed!!!

[This message has been edited by Gone fishin (edited 6/8/2012 5:33p).]

[This message has been edited by Gone fishin (edited 6/8/2012 5:33p).]
dustywendel
TASAG18
AG
mds2010
AG
They don't have the balls to join anyway...end of discussion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.