*****Official USMNT vs. Jamaica CONCACAF Nations League Semi-Final Match Thread*****

7,182 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by PatAg
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh no said:

Furlock Bones said:

akm91 said:

If Reyna can get his club situation sorted out, he could be the closest to being the guy for the club team.

American players keep making awful club decisions. There was no good reason to go to NF.
but there were many good reasons to gtfo BvB and beggars can't be choosers

He had other options.
oh no
AG
Furlock Bones said:

oh no said:

Furlock Bones said:

akm91 said:

If Reyna can get his club situation sorted out, he could be the closest to being the guy for the club team.

American players keep making awful club decisions. There was no good reason to go to NF.
but there were many good reasons to gtfo BvB and beggars can't be choosers

He had other options.
what were they?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I think (hope) the fire ggg noise is getting louder. I don't think (hope) he makes it to 2026.

And, I have paramount plus and could not watch the game on it. It was not available the night of, after the game ended and I couldn't find it yesterday. Perhaps crowne royal hid the right button from me, but I couldn't find it. Thankfully, my comcast auto dvr'ed the game on univision. Never thought comcast would ever save the day!
Rudyjax
AG
Nm
PatAg
AG
jessexy said:

Mathguy64 said:

I just do not understand why Gio isn't getting any PT. Every time he plays for the MNT he's making plays. Maybe he is just one of those guys who doesn't practice well.
Cuz he sucks during practice. And any manager he's ever had won't play him in games cuz he doesn't practice well. He didn't start at Dortmund. Isn't starting at NF. and doesn't start for USMNT cuz he doesn't practice hard.

Love passing off speculation as facts
And he did start at Dortmund, just not always. Especially before injuries
shack009
AG
PatAg said:

jessexy said:

Mathguy64 said:

I just do not understand why Gio isn't getting any PT. Every time he plays for the MNT he's making plays. Maybe he is just one of those guys who doesn't practice well.
Cuz he sucks during practice. And any manager he's ever had won't play him in games cuz he doesn't practice well. He didn't start at Dortmund. Isn't starting at NF. and doesn't start for USMNT cuz he doesn't practice hard.

Love passing off speculation as facts
And he did start at Dortmund, just not always. Especially before injuries

I think there's been plenty of reporting over the years that Gio is a bit of ****head in practice.
PatAg
AG
Mathguy64 said:

jeffk said:

PatAg said:

Mathguy64 said:

PatAg said:

just about NONE of them are playing as "THE" guy on their team day to day.
CP and McKennie are doing that for Juve and I think Jedi is earning praise at Fulham, at least as much as a LB can. I saw a suggestion that ManU may be looking at him. That would be a big leap up as long as he actually played. I would rather he play every day at Fulham than play random minutes backing up Shaw.

Weah seems buried and Gio is persona non grata everywhere. And Turner has also lost his spot.
They arent doing that, they are playing great as complimentary players for their teams. Thats also how Pulisic should be utilized for our team, hes just not the player that needs to constantly being on the ball orchestrating things. We need to ust be finding him in dangerous spots and letting him do this thing, but he is still at the point in his career where he tries to do too much for us.
He could still develop more into that player, of course.

The problem there is that we don't have anyone who can be "the guy" to allow CP to be the complimentary guy he is on Milan. Adams comes closest I think, but he's clearly not back to 100% yet (prayers up that he will recapture what he was prior to his injury). Tons of guys all over the world are forced to be "the guy" on their national teams after being complimentary or bit players on their club squads. I don't even know if the USA has ever had someone who's the huge a presence on both the NT and their club (not counting MLS).
We don't have an MBappe, Haaland, DeBruyne or Neymar but there aren't that many galactic level players either. And having one doesn't guarantee your NT will be successful. Hell, Norway can't seem to qualify with the worlds best cyborg. Very few NTs are full of first team international players.

We have a good squad of international players. I hate to lay this at ggg's feet, but a better NT coach (one who maximized the players with a better system because you can't "coach" players when you see them 6 times a year) would help.

You hit the nail on the head. He has a system and is not adapting his system to our pool of players. We already knew this and had years of evidence..then signed him up yet again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.