Targac isn't getting it done.

21,369 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AgLA06
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

Tailgate88 said:

Pretty sad this thread was even started. Support our Ags or follow your Mama's advice and keep your mouth shut.

This is the attitude which has produced little more than sustained mediocrity across most all our sports programs forever.

Targac had a good night but he's still not hitting his weight and a senior leader needs to be better.

First - This is classic twisting things to justify bad behavior at its finest.

Second - maybe you should check out how our baseball team is actually doing at this time.
dermdoc
AG
Sterling82 said:

TarponChaser said:

Tailgate88 said:

Pretty sad this thread was even started. Support our Ags or follow your Mama's advice and keep your mouth shut.

This is the attitude which has produced little more than sustained mediocrity across most all our sports programs forever.

Targac had a good night but he's still not hitting his weight and a senior leader needs to be better.

The attitude of fans has produced mediocrity? Can't believe that.

It is comical actually. Do fans who are okay with mediocrity hire Jimbo? Or Schloss?

And pay Jimbo 76 mill because they do not accept mediocrity?

Accepting mediocrity would be not donating to the 12th man or NIL.

Over 585k grads. Over 60k students. Less than 20 k 12th man donors.

Now that is accepting and promoting mediocrity.

And it seems to make some posters feel like they are supporting the program by threads like this.

Bizarro world.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Dermdoc's indisputable truth of life #4

Those who gripe the most, give the least.

Never seen it fail. Church, community, schools, Little League. Aggie sports, etc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tjack16
AG
I hope some posts on TexAgs about Targac live in infamy after he provides big moments for us on the way to an Omaha run
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Chester said:

Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

I like Ryan, but it is obvious that he can't hit a breaking ball to save his life. I know this is going to ruffle some feathers on this board, but it is truth. It would be one thing if he was a freshman, but he is a senior..
Looks like he got it done. What do you think?

He had a good night. Let's see if he can continue to hit over the next couple of weeks before we claim that he is back to 2022 form. I hope he does find it because it would help this team a lot going down the stretch.
AgLA06
AG
Yep. Glad he and Kent both looked good last night. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come because it was just one game in a long season of struggle so far.
SMM48
AG
You're only as good as your last game.

SMM48
AG
Just get behind the kid and wish him well.

It's easier that way. Especially for those that have never faced 95.
KlinkerAg11
AG
I like coach sticking with Targac.

Whats nice about having such a great lineup is it will allow him time to get it turned around.
dermdoc
AG
SMM48 said:

Agree my friend.

The problem is that some posters on here think you are only as good as your worst game. It is truly illogical.
tjack16
AG

In case yall forgot who Targac is
Tex100
AG
Schlossnagle has shown to be a superb personnel manager. It didn't take long to put Sitwell in LF and make Schmitt DH. I trust he will make the right 2B move and I am a Kent fan.
AgLA06
AG
dermdoc said:

SMM48 said:

Agree my friend.

The problem is that some posters on here think you are only as good as your worst game. It is truly illogical.

Come on Derm. This thread is the exact opposite of what you say. He's finally had one good game and here we are like the last 2 months were the outlier instead of last night.

I hope he does pull through, but let's at least talk about reality. The reason this thread exists is we were halfway through the year and it was ugly. It's not like the thread was created because he went hitless for the first time.
Goose06
AG
Interesting coming from the poster who argued 3 hits was statistically significant
dermdoc
AG
AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

SMM48 said:

Agree my friend.

Come on Derm. This thread is the exact opposite of what you say. He's finally had one good game and here we are like the last 2 months were the outlier instead of last night.

I hope he does pull through, but let's at least talk about reality. The reason this thread exists is we were halfway through the year and it was ugly. It's not like the thread was created because he went hitless for the first time.

You actually proved my point. Your view is based on worst stuff.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Amen brother. Kinda like people sitting on their couches complaining about empty seats in a stadium.
Sean98
AG
Tex100 said:

Schlossnagle has shown to be a superb personnel manager. It didn't take long to put Sitwell in LF and make Schmitt DH. I trust he will make the right 2B move and I am a Kent fan.
uhhh... Sorrell and Schott?? That's quite a post.
Aggies2009
AG
You could definitely tell that Targac felt a sense of relief with each of his hits this weekend. He's been hitting the ball hard and has been robbed of several hits the last few weeks. Glad a few finally fell for him. Hopefully that kicks off a hot streak for him through the rest of SEC play and into the postseason.
Sean98
AG
That said, this thread needs to go away. It's just become too circular and it's accomplishing nothing.
AgLA06
AG
dermdoc said:

AgLA06 said:

dermdoc said:

SMM48 said:

Agree my friend.

You actually proved my point. Your view is based on worst stuff.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree if the rest of the season was his worst stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.