Targac isn't getting it done.

21,371 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AgLA06
25txag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure what game you've been watching but we've won all the games Ryan has played in
25txag
AG
Yall constantly drag the kid. Imagine someone saying some of these things about your own son before you post
25txag
AG
You're so right. Someone needs to tell him to under hand it….so the runner can be safe. Now I know why yall are on this thread. Good thing yall don't make the calls for the team
aggiebones
AG
It's a long season.
Sitting him, work on his game. Put him in on Tuesdays and see if he can ride up through the season. Not the first guy to slump hard. There's time to pull him up from the tailspin. Ultimately we want to win the last game of the season.
Who knows who will hit that game winner in the CWS? Long time from now. Maybe him.
jkag89
25txag said:

Not sure what game you've been watching but we've won all the games Ryan has played in
I guess my sarcasm did not translate well. My first post on this thread. Or on last night's game thread.
TexasAggie81
missinAggieland said:

trouble said:

Y'all also forget that players and their loved ones read this board. Keep to facts without the hyperbole. We've seen some real ugly stuff posted about 18-22 year olds who are playing their hearts out for the name on their chest.

I hugged Ryan last night and chatted with him a little. He's hurting. He knows things aren't going how he wants. And yet, he took the time to get back out of his truck and come see us when he saw Max when I'm certain all he wanted to do was get home.

For those that continue to bash the players, go sit with the parents for one game. It's enough what they endure. It will change your perspective.

As a fan, I'm pulling for Targac to pull out of his slump. If they are wearing maroon and white, and have Aggies on their uniforms, I want them all to succeed.

Question: if the fans on this board can't "bash" a consistently underperforming player, it IS okay to bash the coach who continues to play a consistently underperforming player instead of a better player, right? Or are you ring kissers beyond that, too?
jkag89
I rather you keep to yourself your urge to criticize a team that is 24-3 but if you must then bash Schloss.
dermdoc
AG
Chester said:

trouble said:

Doesn't matter if they know the 90% of the board is idiots, no one wants to read themselves (or their kid) being trashed.
Getting trashed on this board is nothing to worry or fret about. It's just a board full of a lot of people who don't have a clue. Players and family know that.
You would be shocked at how some comments on here affect players and their families. We need to think before we post.

I try to think would I say this to a player or family to their face.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tjack16
AG
His numbers may not be the best or good at all … but he's the team captain and we are 24-3. I'd say he's doing fine and I'd venture to guess his leadership will be something that other players talk about after the season as something that helped us achieve great things
Tailgate88
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

No one is putting more pressure on Targ than Targ himself, I assure you. I can see.the frustration on his face. He's making contact, has a lot of bad luck and quite a few bad calls. But he is wearing number 12 for a reason, and at the end if the day he is a young man playing his best that he can for a school that we love and he deserves our support, not derision.

This.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
His double last night got us a score to never have the tying run at bat.
Agthatbuilds
Bash the coach all you want. He's a grown ass man getting paid millions to coach.

But, when he's 24-3 and coming off 2 straight playoffs, the most successful world series run in aggie history, and well on the way to a national seed, don't be so defensive when you get called out.

I'll add some unsolicited advice-

Life's a lot more fun rooting for someone to break a slump instead of kicking them when they're down. Trust schloss to use his players appropriately and you might just find we get a nice payoff in a key moment late in the season
AgLA06
AG
dermdoc said:

Chester said:

trouble said:

Doesn't matter if they know the 90% of the board is idiots, no one wants to read themselves (or their kid) being trashed.
Getting trashed on this board is nothing to worry or fret about. It's just a board full of a lot of people who don't have a clue. Players and family know that.
You would be shocked at how some comments on here affect players and their families. We need to think before we post.

I try to think would I say this to a player or family to their face.

I'd tell Kent it's pretty crappy he isn't getting more playing time even though he's outperformed Targac and deserves it.

But y'all keep talking about player's feelings. I'm sure he feels really great about the situation. I'm sure only Targac reads TexAgs and Kent isn't reading this wondering what he has to do for y'all to support him the same way.
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

I rather you keep to yourself your urge to criticize a team that is 24-3 but if you must then bash Schloss.
This times 100.

We are 24-3. Schloss is trying to put together a team that can win in Omaha. If you want to bash him for not playing the guy with the higher batting average, rather than trying to get another power hitter back in form, then go ahead. But 2 or 3 threads a week calling out a player for Schloss's decision is pathetic.

If you need catharsis, you are in the wrong place. Get one of those online therapists if you need to vent to someone. That's not what this board is for.
NiagraSpews2014
AG
I'll be Mike Gundy on this one...

Keep the criticism to #'s and facts. If you want to bash on someone. I'm at most games section 203 row 5 seat 1. Big guy, usually have sunglasses that have a dangling mustache on them, and keeping score. Come bash on me.
jkag89
Quote:

I'd tell Kent it's pretty crappy he isn't getting more playing time even though he's outperformed Targac and deserves it.
Injuries have a part to play with it but KK has played in more games and been inked into the starting lineup more than Targac. I suggest you read twk's post just above this one.
LB12Diamond
AG
Yes

If one has to go the route that players don't see the posts. That right there shows they know it should not have been posted.

It's like the area of reality Vs perception.

Reality is second base the rest of the year most likely will be hitting in the 9 spot. Thus, please stop acting like it's the end of the world if they get out.
trouble
AG
Imma come bash on you
AgLA06
AG
twk said:

jkag89 said:

This times 100.

We are 24-3. Schloss is trying to put together a team that can win in Omaha. If you want to bash him for not playing the guy with the higher batting average, rather than trying to get another power hitter back in form, then go ahead. But 2 or 3 threads a week calling out a player for Schloss's decision is pathetic.

If you need catharsis, you are in the wrong place. Get one of those online therapists if you need to vent to someone. That's not what this board is for.

Discussing this team is exactly what this board is for. Y'all chose to click it.

There's a group on here that is fortunate enough to get to go to most of the game and build relationships with players. The problem is they let that bias bleed onto the boards. This isn't your Facebook wall. Y'all shouldn't be controlling what gets discussed because it hits closer to home for you.

We're having a great year which amplifies the few issues that we have as a team. Much more so than if we were middle of the pack. So of course nagging issues are going to continually get brought up.

If you want to contribute to this thread, then do so in a meaningful way. We're half way through the year, it's not earlyin the season. If you believe this failed experiment should continue, then you should also say when is enough, enough. How many more at bats that could be better preparing Kent for Omaha does Targac deserve in your mind?

If there isn't a definite game or season that is soon, then this isn't about Aggie Baseball, but about something else.
LB12Diamond
AG
9 hole hitter

I have no problem if so called player was needed in the top of the lineup. But 9 hole does not deserve this venom. Have some perspective.

Besides that, Kent had a chance at 2nd at the start SEC play. Schloss is trying different things.
Sean98
AG
Agreed. With few exceptions the criticism/critiques on this board reflect results and they're legitimate questions. Outright hate and slander have no place here but I rarely see that.

It's one thing to say, "boy Sean98 is having a rough go of it lately. His emoji use is dreadful, his jokes aren't funny, he talks too much. I think TA mods might need to restrict him to commenting about Prairie View until he gets out of this funk.". There's nothing wrong with that.

It's another to say, "Sean98 sucks, his Mom sucks, I hope they all die." Even if you believe that, out of bounds. We rarely see that and when we do it's from an infrequent poster
jkag89
I'm getting a bit tired of this angle also. It goes beyond simple discussion when a K by Targac gets harped on when the the other two ABs in the same inning have end in the same way and don't even get a mention. It goes beyond discussion when an error by another player gets placed upon Targac in order to rant.
trouble
AG
But what does it accomplish?

Absolutely nothing. Schloss isn't going to read your post and be like "man, I'm an absolute dummy. I should change things right now!"

You're just venting. Admit that and move on.
AgLA06
AG
Outside of a dozen instances such as red,white, and blue out hardly anything is accomplished on TexAgs.

It's not the point.

I'm not venting at all. No matter how head scratching this situation is, it isn't upsetting. What is upsetting is honorary aunts and uncles that believe they have the right to try and kill threads.
LB12Diamond
AG
Help me understand your point. Help me understand why the venom for a 9 hole hitter? One that has not played every game and Schloss has tried different options.
NiagraSpews2014
AG
I don't stand a chance!
AgLA06
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Help me understand your point. Help me understand why the venom for a 9 hole hitter? One that has not played every game and Schloss has tried different options.
Explain to me in detail what you believe is "Venom".

Discussing player stats and the situation used to be called baseball talk. The emotional immaturity on this is next world.
NiagraSpews2014
AG
Also not going to be there tonight, unfortunately. I am headed to San Antonio for family Easter things
trouble
AG
Lots of small scale things get done here. There's a good community that takes care of it's friends.

I've admitted my bias. I like the kid and want him to do well. However, I don't get pissed and ***** when he's not in the lineup like some people here do when he is.
greg.w.h
AG
AgLA06 said:

LB12Diamond said:

Discussing player stats and the situation used to be called baseball talk. The emotional immaturity on this is next world.
Not getting it done…needs to be sat…not good enough. Wednesday morning managers. Go play the Show.
trouble
AG
I'm not either. Gotta finish all the Easter prep tonight.

I'll come bash you soon.
LB12Diamond
AG
Totally side stepped my point of 9 hole hitter and different options have been tried.

Not surprisingly. Posters don't answer questions that do not help their case. Deflect deflect deflect.

But I will play your game bc you are too scared to answer my points.

What second baseman has shown they clearly deserve the position this year? Not one is the answer.

It's between Kent and Targ at this time. Kent got the first shot and his at bats in SEC play were not good or he would have kept the position. Now Targ is getting a chance.

Please do not state Bell. He's not ready, looked bad and has bad numbers in the time he has played.
trouble
AG
AgLA06 said:

LB12Diamond said:

Because that's not all it's been. Staff does a great job of cleaning up game threads so most of it doesn't last long.
Sean98
AG
trouble said:

But what does it accomplish?

Absolutely nothing. Schloss isn't going to read your post and be like "man, I'm an absolute dummy. I should change things right now!"

You're just venting. Admit that and move on.
I mean if we buy fully into this them we eliminate all sports reporting, right? Just post box scores and nothing else.
trouble
AG
It's the emotionally charged "what the hell is Schloss doing/thinking" posts for me. We can discuss things without tearing anyone down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.