******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

60,540 Views | 965 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Agristotle
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonfarr said:

Vince Blake said:

bonfarr said:

Who does our scouts like at RB? Which did we bring in for interviews?

Jonathan Brooks, Trey Benson, Bucky Irving, Braelon Allen.

Jonathan Brooks has been heavily mocked to Dallas in the 2nd.

You think he will be there at 24? Most have him as RB1 in the draft.

Possibly. There doesn't seem to be a lot of RB needy teams and positions of more value are still available. Plus he tore his ACL I believe last season which may scare teams away. The Dallas team doctor did the surgery so the Cowboys will know the most about it…kinda like Jaylon Smith's surgery.

I think for the Cowboys it's going to come down which LBs are available. Big drop off in LB after the 2nd round but they can use that 3rd from Detroit and still get a nice RB like Trey Benson or Jaylen Wright.
Macarthur
Steele has a big contract. He is playing RT. Guyton will play LT and you can do things to help him. The middle of the OL should be really good w Smith and Martin.
gigem1223
Playing players because they have terrible contracts is what bad teams do. I could care less what Steele's contract is. If the OL is better with him at guard or as the swing then that where he should play. It's makes no difference in what you're paying anyways.
Grapesoda2525
If we don't like Guyton we can always call him gayton.

Joke for those of you with a 3rd grade sense of humor.
bonfarr
AG
A good number of quality CBs left, with so few defenders taken in the first rd hopefully the 2nd starts with a run on defense and RBs stay on the board.
jwag
AG
I'll trade Dak for Cousins from the Falcons right now. Never will win a championship with current QB.
gigem1223
jwag said:

I'll trade Dak for Cousins from the Falcons right now. Never will win a championship with current QB.

Wut? So you'd trade for a 35 year old QB coming of an Achilles injury, that has less playoff wins than Dak and just signed a 4 year $180M deal? Oh yeah let's just forget you'd have a dead cap hit of $25M the next 2 years and $11M in 2026. Stahp
jr15aggie
AG
I like watching these paid professionals fill up post draft coverage with comments like "This was Chicago's night hands down".

You don't say, the team with the #1 and #9 pick did really well! That's completely new information.
jwag
AG
Yes. I like winning. Tell me Dak is the answer and if it happens I'll pound sand.
gigem1223
jwag said:

Yes. I like winning. Tell me Dak is the answer and if it happens I'll pound sand.

Dak has won 65% of the games in his career, Kirk 52% . Has Dak struggled to get Ws in the playoffs, yep. Everyone knows that, but he wins a helluva lot more than Kirk Cousins.
Macarthur
They are not better w him at G. I truly believe Steele will be fine. He was playing less than a year removed from the ACL.
jwag
AG
With much better talent than Cousins. It's cool, Cowboys will do them. Sad.
gigem1223
jwag said:

Tell me who on the Cowboys is better than Justin Jefferson and Hockenson? Cook and Diggs were no bums either,
jwag
AG
It's YOY talent. Dak isn't a rookie. Agree to disagree.
bonfarr
AG
gigem1223 said:

jwag said:

Tell me who on the Cowboys is better than Justin Jefferson and Hockenson? Cook and Diggs were no bums were no bums either,

Let it go. Some people get so frustrated with Dak in the playoffs that it makes them say dumb irrational things
jr15aggie
AG
I'm sorry that this is going to appear like I'm calling out one person... when in reality this goes back years.... but for the love, can we just talk about the draft without somebody *****ing and moaning about the Cowboys current QB.

The 1st round just happened, perhaps we can just talk about draft stuff in the draft thread.
Infection_Ag11
AG
gigem1223 said:

I think they should go

Smith
Bass or Steele
Hoffman or draft pick
Martin
Guyton

Steele is your swing if Bass wins the guard competition.

People really have to stop trying to flip Tyler Smith to tackle. You don't take an all-pro caliber player out of his all-pro position.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
Infection_Ag11 said:

gigem1223 said:

I think they should go

Smith
Bass or Steele
Hoffman or draft pick
Martin
Guyton

People really have to stop trying to flip Tyler Smith to tackle. You don't take an all-pro caliber player out of his all-pro position.

Larry Allen says hello
Infection_Ag11
AG
gigem1223 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

gigem1223 said:

I think they should go

Smith
Bass or Steele
Hoffman or draft pick
Martin
Guyton

Larry Allen says hello

Larry Allen was a good offensive tackle. He was a hall of fame guard, possibly the best guard in NFL history.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
We've seen Smith play LT. He was really good. We've seen Bass play guard as a rookie, he was good. Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why it's so controversial to want play those two where we've seen them excel before and keep Guyton (a RT in college) at RT. If Steele beats out Guyton, great. That just provides more depth. I just want the best 5 on the field, contracts be damned.
zgolfz85
AG
jr15aggie said:

I like watching these paid professionals fill up post draft coverage with comments like "This was Chicago's night hands down".

You don't say, the team with the #1 and #9 pick did really well! That's completely new information.

All they had to trade for it was 15 years of below average results
Peter Klaven
AG
I know we're all disingenued fans, but if there's one position group I trust the cowboys on it would be OL.

Serious question, what is the last real cowboys OL draft bust? I'd bet the cowboys have done OL better than just about anyone the last 10-15 years.
gigem1223
Probably Jacob Rogers in 2004. 2nd rd pick but a big miss.
Texker
AG
Oh, good call on Jacob.
BMX Bandit
Guyton feels like a very solid pick.

In other draft news, bills giving chiefs a speedy WR when they have no one seems like not the best strategy.
Tksymm7
AG
The cowboys have set themselves up extremely well to really do whatever they want in the second and third rounds. I'd personally like to see them obtain an additional second round pick to go and get a difference maker or two on defense. I think the talent level starts to fall off a little bit towards where the cowboys are at at 24.

If you have me someone like Braden Fiske and Payton Wilson, I would be all over that and say we're winning the draft.
Tksymm7
AG
The Bills will have their pick of either AD Mitchell (who screams NFL WR), Lad McConkey or Keon Coleman, who I think are all great.
jr15aggie
AG
Pretty sure the dripoff at OT is pretty steep after Guyton. He was the last of the elite OT prospects. I think there is another iffy guy from BYU, but after that is a bunch of backups that might develop one day.

Definteky still a need pick, but at least we took a need pick at one of the most important positions (unlike our DT need pick last year).
PooDoo
AG
Not a fan of the pick. Word is Powers Johnson blew the 30 visit. Guyton doesn't have the physicality or technique to be a pro bowler but has the traits of an AllPro. I think he's a charming guy that won the underwear Olympics. I don't trust our OL coach to be able to fix him. Hopefully Duke Manyweather can.

PooDoo
AG
He seems like a good kid and I'll be rooting for him.

PooDoo
AG
Voch Lombardi is the best OL evaluator on Cowboys YouTube. Guyton is the LAST guy they wanted the Cowboys to pick.

He's trying to be so positive about the pick in this video, it's hilarious

zgolfz85
AG
PooDoo said:

Not a fan of the pick. Word is Powers Johnson blew the 30 visit. Guyton doesn't have the physicality or technique to be a pro bowler but has the traits of an AllPro. I think he's a charming guy that won the underwear Olympics. I don't trust our OL coach to be able to fix him. Hopefully Duke Manyweather can.

I'm with you. Great kid, but I'm iffy on him. I love having more draft capital this year, but I'd have preferred to not trade down and take the sure thing in Barton.
batchuser
One of the weakest first rounds in recent memory. Where were the ****s in cocktail dresses? Looks like the prospects brought their kid sisters to the party instead.
Tksymm7
AG
I don't like or dislike the Guyton pick. I love getting more draft capital in a draft that is deep through the fourth and fifth rounds (thanks Covid, for something) and he has elite elite physical tools, but, he is incredibly raw and incredibly inexperienced, plus he played RT in college, and if they flip him to LT, that could be a massive adjustment.

Also, if they are truly going to keep Tyler Smith at guard, we didn't need to take a G/C in the first. I just don't think the value is worth it in the back half of the first when you can trade back, get an extra pick and get a prototypical tackle build. The latter just seems like the better value.
PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Voch Lombardi is the best OL evaluator on Cowboys YouTube. Guyton is the LAST guy they wanted the Cowboys to pick.

He's trying to be so positive about the pick in this video, it's hilarious

lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.