Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sportscenter right now!!!

61,312 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Rocky Rider
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
ESPN is crafting a story. They want to see JFF fail so they can have stories and make a stupid 30 for 30 on him. They are trying to get into his head, mess with his mind and get him distracted so that he loses focus on the field.

Johnny succeeding is a huge story. Johnny performing on the field is also pretty good for the multiple billions of dollars ESPN has locked up in their contracts with the SEC.

And they already have enough for a pretty juicy 30 for 30, too. Or I guess at that point, it'll be 60 for 60 or something like that.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
quote:
If true he ruined himself for the NFL... Look how good Terrerl Pryor is doing after selling his autographs in college

Yeah, nothing to do with Pryor being a terrible passer.
hornhatinvol
Yet you never saw that pic of a Bama recruit holding up his dough with his boys on ESiPN. I can't wait till FOX gets their sports network rolling in a couple of weeks so I can tune out the teasipperbaggers.
Mr. Penguin
AG
Manziel is going to come back with a vengeance!!!
TXAggie2011
AG
I saw Dee Liner on ESPN.

However, he's not the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy.

agswag031990
All I'm saying is if it comes out he isn't guilty then I'll be overjoyed but if he does then I'm ttt this thread that staff edited my post on...
Fightin_Farmer
Time to cut our ties with him. He wins games but he and his family bring nothing but embarassment to our university. I would rather have a guy like Stephen McGee than him.
BMX Bandit
I'd rather you not share your thoughts
OwensTX
I like Johnny and am a sucker for a player who was lightly recruited and not expected to do much becoming a surprise Heisman winner.

For his sake I hope it's not true.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
enough with the ESPN conspiracy theories, some of you need to turn in your tinfoil hats.
Aggie GIGolo
AG
IF true, the only positive is that it does not appear there were any boosters involved ala the Greg Hill matter back in the day. Totally on the player, no A&M involvement.

Hopefully no evidence, and this blows over.

[This message has been edited by Aggie GIGolo (edited 8/4/2013 5:32p).]
longhornhere55
quote:
If true he ruined himself for the NFL... Look how good Terrerl Pryor is doing after selling his autographs in college

Difference is Pryor is a lousy QB.
Heismanziel
If Johnny really did this, then him and his dad are the new "dumb and dumber".
kowboykarl
This is probably not gonna end well for JF.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Time to cut our ties with him. He wins games but he and his family bring nothing but embarassment to our university. I would rather have a guy like Stephen McGee than him.

How about we cut our ties with you as an embarrassment to Aggies everywhere. I would rather have a guy like Johnny than you.
Federale01
AG
I hope Paul Manziel now understand why A&M has been up his ass in regards to compliance issues and will stop *****ing about it. I'm glad to know if he did this it was way outside of people around the program.

That being said, people need to stop convicting the guy based on just this information.
JJxvi
AG
If Johnny goes down does that pretty much put an end to all Manziels=Tyler mafia rumors?

[This message has been edited by Jjxvi (edited 8/4/2013 5:38p).]
jeffk
AG
Lots of posters with no Ag-tag wanting to push Manziel off the ship. Big surprise.
kyles7
AG
Articles say he did it before the national championship in Miami!
bobbyb0322
I've got a very bad feeling about this one.
1aggie02
AG
Even if true, his best bet is to say the guy duped him into signing that set as being for the military or a charity. Don't see how they can prove he took money. It's the scam artist's word against his at that point.
corvettemike86
AG
Put this lawyer on retainer asap...

aggie67,74&76
AG
quote:
Lots of posters with no Ag-tag wanting to push Manziel off the ship. Big surprise.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!
YourFavAggie
AG
Lot of rooks on this thread
Mr. Penguin
AG
when jff speaks to the media tomorrow

SA-AG72
AG
Minimally, this is a major disruption our team does not need for its first day of practice.
johnjohnson
AG
Better Call Saul

Mr. Penguin
AG

lets work up a number 6 on em
agmrpink
AG
Bob Loblaw Law Bomb

DannyDuberstein
AG
Hoping this is all BS, but 20 year old football stars have done dumber stuff than this. Hope to hell it isn't true, but it's at least plausible. If they really are able to authenticate the series, there is at least some serious 'splaining to do as far as why you'd go to that trouble for nothing. Charity would be the obvious one.

[This message has been edited by DannyDuberstein (edited 8/4/2013 5:48p).]
that poster
Turn out the lights... The party is over!
that poster
Time to bring back RC to "run a clean program"
Joan Wilder
AG
I hope to God this isn't true. I can't see Johnny being THAT stupid...

I'm sure there weren't ANY butt hurt bammers in Miami looking to catch Johnny in bad situations. They are always supportive of quarterbacks that beat their team and never accuse them of cheating.

Some of his friends seem less mature than Johnny. Guy who yells racial slurs and starts fights, another one who acts as his manager but they end up in NCAA investigation?

[This message has been edited by Clarke95 (edited 8/4/2013 5:53p).]
FatherOfRyan
AG
No Ag tag? Thank God...

You're right, that's why Mark Zuckerberg sold out for a few million after creating Facebook. Rich people apparently have no long-term sense and take the easy money...

quote:
quote:
Rich kid, rich family...he did not sign anything and get paid

You f'n idiots still haven't learned.

Kohl Stewart will never sign a multi million dollar MLB contract 'cause his family has money.

Johnny would never do anything for money, cause his family is rich.

Do you morons know how rich people get that way? Do you actually KNOW any rich families? Here's a hint...they don't build wealth by thinking, "hey, We've already got some money. Why pursue more?"

Dumb assess.

[This message has been edited by The Lyrical Gangster (edited 8/4/2013 4:51p).]
FatherOfRyan
AG
Ugh... See previous post.

"You don't go broke making a profit." But you don't make generational wealth by building something and selling it before it matures...

quote:
quote:
Uh yeah, does that shock you?!?! Kids with no money tend to jump at the opportunity before kids with money. Are you telling me that the Matthews boys are just as likely to take money as a kid from low income housing? I'm not talking about integrity, I'm talking about working hard your whole life with nothing and having an opportunity to have something.

Folks don't end up with money by ignoring opportunities to make money.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.