Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sportscenter right now!!!

61,313 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Rocky Rider
jteagle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, Texags overreaction makes me ashamed of being an Aggie sometimes.
OwensTX
Wasn't JFF's Dad whining in SI that everyone has made money off Johnny except Johnny?

Doesn't sound like someone who's been selling autographs.

[This message has been edited by OwensTTU (edited 8/4/2013 5:58p).]
Panda
AG
If he plays games before resolved, and found guilty, we forfeit.

[This message has been edited by Panda (edited 8/4/2013 6:00p).]
The Lyrical Gangster
quote:
No Ag tag? Thank God...

You're right, that's why Mark Zuckerberg sold out for a few million after creating Facebook. Rich people apparently have no long-term sense and take the easy money...

quote:
quote:
Rich kid, rich family...he did not sign anything and get paid

You f'n idiots still haven't learned.

Kohl Stewart will never sign a multi million dollar MLB contract 'cause his family has money.

Johnny would never do anything for money, cause his family is rich.

Do you morons know how rich people get that way? Do you actually KNOW any rich families? Here's a hint...they don't build wealth by thinking, "hey, We've already got some money. Why pursue more?"

Dumb assess.

[This message has been edited by The Lyrical Gangster (edited 8/4/2013 4:51p).]

You ag tsg d#psh#ts need to get over yourselves. You only get one. Once you've been permabanned, you don't get it back.
Your cognitive ability makes my diploma worth so much less...
Mr. Penguin
AG
quote:
You ag tsg d#psh#ts need to get over yourselves. You only get one. Once you've been permabanned, you don't get it back.

TRUF!
karatemonkey
So does this mean I should draft JFF to my fantasy team?
mclarenman
Guys,

A high-profile football player is gonna be more closely scrutinized than others. I wonder how many other student athletes are currently being investigated, and how many of them end up being found guilty.

Lets wait for this investigation to come to a conclusion before tarring and feathering Johnny Manziel. It's not fair to him, and reflects poorly on us.

Take it easy until then...
FatherOfRyan
AG
Only discussing the Ag tag? Makes sense. Change your name to "low rent."

quote:
quote:
No Ag tag? Thank God...

You're right, that's why Mark Zuckerberg sold out for a few million after creating Facebook. Rich people apparently have no long-term sense and take the easy money...

quote:
quote:
Rich kid, rich family...he did not sign anything and get paid

You f'n idiots still haven't learned.

Kohl Stewart will never sign a multi million dollar MLB contract 'cause his family has money.

Johnny would never do anything for money, cause his family is rich.

Do you morons know how rich people get that way? Do you actually KNOW any rich families? Here's a hint...they don't build wealth by thinking, "hey, We've already got some money. Why pursue more?"

Dumb assess.

[This message has been edited by The Lyrical Gangster (edited 8/4/2013 4:51p).]

TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Lets wait for this investigation to come to a conclusion before tarring and feathering Johnny Manziel. It's not fair to him, and reflects poorly on us.

Its not fair to ESPN to tar and feather them before we know the outcome, either.
W
AG
if a college or pro player receives five-figures for signing autographs...it has to be reported to the IRS as income. So there should be a papertrail, 1099, etc..,

Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Its not fair to ESPN to tar and feather them before we know the outcome, either.

all they did was report the investigation, what are you talking about?
W
AG
of course I don't think the NCAA can seize an athlete's tax forms
Verne Lundquist
AG
quote:
if a college or pro player receives five-figures for signing autographs...it has to be reported to the IRS as income. So there should be a papertrail, 1099, etc..

I found this funny
Mordred
AG
I'm not commenting on the veracity of the story at all, but I have a question regarding NCAA rules.

If a player agreed to sign autographs for a deferred payment would that be illegal? For example if an autograph broker approached Case McCoy and agreed to pay him $25 to sign 1000 autographs, with the payment to be paid out after he graduated or left early for the CFL. He hasn't received any money, so I wouldn't think the NCAA could do anything, but maybe they have rules to cover that loophole.
Ag4coal
I'm more curious about the two witnesses. I don't think JFF is dumb enough to sign autographs for money. And I REALLY don't think he's dumb enough to do it or agree to it in front of people he doesn't know/trust.
TombstoneTex
AG
Lol and we are supposed to self assess sales tax for online purchases too...
bobbyb0322
Surely you don't believe every dollar of income in this country is reported right?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
If I were Johnny, I'd just make a 5 figure donation to charity, say I didn't profit off the signatures and tell the NCAA to hold my ****.
BMX Bandit
Deferred payment still against the rules
Rock582
AG
I find it really hard to believe that he would do that. Taking that big of a risk for not all that much money.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Surely you also realize this money was paid in 2013 and it's still 2013. So even in this loopy aspect of this ordeal, nothing would be filed yet.
Captain Coors
AG
How many of you think Espn has had this story for months and it just "happens" to break the day the guys report? Really ESPN? I'm not disputing the veracity of the accusation at this point. Just the timing

[This message has been edited by Captain Coors (edited 8/4/2013 6:08p).]
rgag12
AG
quote:
if a college or pro player receives five-figures for signing autographs...it has to be reported to the IRS as income. So there should be a papertrail, 1099, etc..,

oh my word...........
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:

all they did was report the investigation, what are you talking about?

All the folks that are clamoring on about some ESPN out to get Johnny and A&M conspiracy.

And you're exactly right. That's all they've done. I don't think they deserve all the criticism, and perhaps even if the allegations aren't true, they probably don't deserve criticism.
1aggie02
AG
All johnny needs to do to get cleared is say he didn't take money an he thought he was signing those autographs for charity. Case closed.
rgag12
AG
Money Tip #31: Cash is almost impossible to trace.
bobbyb0322
quote:
Surely you also realize this money was paid in 2013 and it's still 2013. So even in this loopy aspect of this ordeal, nothing would be filed yet.

Technically, wouldn't he be required to make an estimated tax payment?

lol this is funny. (The stupid assumption that it would be reported to the IRS, not the Johnny situation)
Ragnar Danneskjold
sorry, misread
BMX Bandit
Yeah. That will make the ncaa quit investigating.
jml2621

We know Cam Newton was up for the highest bidder. NCAA balked

Just a hood bandwagoning on JFF

Meanwhile...The UNC basketball team is driving rental Yukons, Tahoes, Mercedes, Camaro SS, receiving free mouthguards from UNC oral surgeons, etc...

ESPN protects the east coast mafia and ND...

95_Aggie
AG
ESPN has been sitting on this story
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
All johnny needs to do to get cleared is say he didn't take money an he thought he was signing those autographs for charity. Case closed.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The NCAA can't do s*** other than ask questions. If it turns into a, "I saw him do a but have no proof of b," situation, and a is within the rules but b is not, the NCAA can't and won't do anything. All Johnny has to say is, "It's not my signature, just a really good fake," and the NCAA has no real proof otherwise. Or, he could say, "I just signed a bunch of stuff because I was told it was for cancer patients/military guys overseas."
Mr. Penguin
AG
Hey with inflation being 1.8% he is trying to capitalize on the money now baby!
TexasRebel
AG
bank robbers have to report income, too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.