Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sportscenter right now!!!

61,333 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Rocky Rider
Verne Lundquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
who's going to sec rant right now? that should be fun
Coog97
Well, I'm sure if this turns out to be a whole lot of nothing, this (soon to be these) media outlet(s) will spend JUST AS MUCH time blanketing the airwaves, broadcasting the fact that no violation was committed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Mr. Penguin
AG
If he is found guilty,who will be more disliked?

JFF or Fran
Mike Elko
AG
Seven months of investigating autographs and no charges/ruling? Another great job, NCAA.

And suck it, OTL.
FrontPorchAg
Anyone else find it funny that people pay ten thousand dollars for his autograph and he can't make any money himself?

Hope he didn't do it but this rule is BS
Frisco - Ag
AgAllStar91
quote:
What makes me nervous is that this was before the **** storm he was getting for going to games/vacations/etc...so it was technically before he was under the microscope of public perception.

Agreed. If he did it, it makes sense it would be before all the stuff from this summer.
STARBUCK5
AG
When did marihuana come into play?
The Lyrical Gangster
quote:
Rich kid, rich family...he did not sign anything and get paid

You f'n idiots still haven't learned.

Kohl Stewart will never sign a multi million dollar MLB contract 'cause his family has money.

Johnny would never do anything for money, cause his family is rich.

Do you morons know how rich people get that way? Do you actually KNOW any rich families? Here's a hint...they don't build wealth by thinking, "hey, We've already got some money. Why pursue more?"

Dumb assess.

[This message has been edited by The Lyrical Gangster (edited 8/4/2013 4:51p).]
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
My question for the people saying that people are only looking for the bad in this, how can you explain large counts of sequential prints of his that came for sale right after the title game?

I get the fact maybe he signed some stuff for friends and what not, but having easy to authenticate signatures on a large amount of sequentially numbered prints kill both the idea that he did not know they were going to be resold and the idea that this was just a signature here or there..

Correlation does not equal Causation

I'm not 100% certain he signed the prints. I wouldn't put it past someone, especially a memorabilia dealer, to have the signatures faked and the prints numbered, then have someone claim the player was paid when called out on it. Autographs can be faked, just like anything else. The only way to know it's real is to see someone sign it.

Also, hundreds of autographs would take a long time. I'm pretty sure they would need to nail down a timeline and ask Johnny where he was then. If he has even one collaborating witness, it's he said she said. If no one saw money exchange hands, there's no case anyway.
laxtonto
"OTL: One authenticated series of autographs from Johnny Manziel being sold feature 999 photos numbered sequentially."

The interesting thing in this is if they do suspend him, would it be for 1 or 2 games or 3 (Bama)?
jdls13
AG
So, um, would it be possible for Showers to return? You know in case **** hits the fan?
CoachLB
I can tell you good things Manziel has done for the program. Fran not so much.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Uh yeah, does that shock you?!?! Kids with no money tend to jump at the opportunity before kids with money. Are you telling me that the Matthews boys are just as likely to take money as a kid from low income housing? I'm not talking about integrity, I'm talking about working hard your whole life with nothing and having an opportunity to have something.

Folks don't end up with money by ignoring opportunities to make money.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
quote:
Common denominator in all of this is that finch dewsh bag
TexasRebel
AG
nothing wrong with signing 1,000,000 sequential photos, even if they are meant for sale, as long as the NCAA player isn't getting any compensation, whatsoever, for it.

but then, why?

I guess I just dont get the whole autograph thing now that anyone can be anywhere in less than a day.
W
AG
speaking of Showers...has he taken classes yet at UTEP? Semester probably hasn't started
Gap
AG
Still waiting for anything approaching evidence that he got paid for anything.

Crickets chirping...

Still waiting...

Frisco - Ag
AG
Cam newton part 2?
Bowhunter08
Not buying the story. I will get worried when actual proof of wrong doing is presented. In the meantime I support JF.
BMX Bandit
Crotch shot ninja needs to visit OTL
Paradise Ag
AG
We beat Bama two years in a row with a freshman at QB.
AgAllStar91
Drake needs to step up and help his boy out. Promise all the NCAA chairmen he'll perform for free at any of their kid's birthday parties.
Mr. Peterman
Next thing ESPN will report is that Johnny is the guy who shot JFK.
Verne Lundquist
AG
secrant says we should get father manziel to say he took the money

[This message has been edited by Verne Lundquist (edited 8/4/2013 4:52p).]
CoachLB
W - I would imagine Showers enrolled for the first summer session in order to get in the off - season program at UTEP.

[This message has been edited by CoachLB (edited 8/4/2013 4:53p).]
jdebtam07
AG
After reading the ESPN magazine article where finch mentioned something about how he has had to cut down to only sign things for his parents to 30 mins, i knew this was coming. Poor kid is getting used like none other.
aggievb25
AG
"Uh yeah, does that shock you?!?! Kids with no money tend to jump at the opportunity before kids with money. Are you telling me that the Matthews boys are just as likely to take money as a kid from low income housing? I'm not talking about integrity, I'm talking about working hard your whole life with nothing and having an opportunity to have something."

I'm not assuming anything about the Matthews boys. You don't know everyone's reasoning for doing wrong. Rich or poor.
AggieEE
AG
LMAO you think he had time on that trip to sit down and sign approx 1000 autographs in a row in exchange for an NCAA butt****ing? Get real...
JerryAg
Well if true, Johnny is basically a shoe in to return for his Jr year
Mr. Penguin
AG
quote:
Next thing ESPN will report is that Johnny is the guy who shot JFK.

Gold !!!!
Maroon Dawn
AG
Reeks of desperate sip butthurt.

Nothing will come of this.
jdls13
AG
I don't think he'd be dumb enough to do this and it doesn't sound like they have any solid evidence against him. Whatever, ESPN gonna ESPN. Feel bad for Johnny. Can't even go a week with out a major PR headache
Heismanziel
let's just hope the investigation is complete AFTER the Bama game.
CrottyKid
AG
Who sits down and signs 100s of items anyway?

If he did it, all I can do is laugh at the stupidity.

If he didn't, all I can do is laugh at the "news".

Either way, the whole deal is tragically funny.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.