*****The Open Championship*****

17,262 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Mr.Bond
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HOLY ****
Chipotlemonger
AG
^in reference to the Amanda Dufner view there. Good lord.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Didn't make it up for viewing pre-work this morning. What's been going on?
watty
AG
Boo Weekly is no longer a factor. Adam Scott is one over so far today. Phil is one under through 13.
BarryProfit
I'm starting to wonder if 10 wouldn't win the tourney?
jj9000
AG
Scott is looking like a mortal today.

The conditions are much more 'British Open' than yesterday.

Looking forward to see how Rory deals with his normal Friday struggles.
watty
AG
I'd take 10 right now. I think it will be 8.
bagger05
AG
Scott is +3 on the day. Only 19 rounds out there that are under par. Seems tougher sledding today.
Ag_07
AG
This Brit on the commentary sucks. Get Duval back in there ASAP.
BayAg14
Sergio!
Ag_07
AG
GD...I hate Sergio but that's a helluva shot.
Big Cat `93
AG
It was fun while it lasted, Boo.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Nice derail attempt. Since I don't have too much time right now...

http://www.jasonstaples.com/bible-studies/most-misinterpreted-bible-passages-1-matthew-527-28/
aggiebrother33
Sergio= one of my most "disliked" athletes, but man what a shot! I need to get me the belt and hat Rory is wearing...
tommeehawk7
I tried to tell you boys to put some jack on F. Molinari
Tom Hagen
AG
It looks like the coverage will be 90% Tiger this morning. Tiger checking his yardage book, Tiger writing down his score, Tiger walking to the next tee, etc..
aggiebrother33
SVP needs to do golf full time, CBS needs to pair him up with Feherty
bigfoot10s
AG
Sergio holes out on 2, but does espn show a replay? Nope. Tiger was on the course playing some catholic golf on #1.

And then because tiger is playing like crap, he tells the camera man to get away while walking down 2. What a tool
Ag_07
AG
This thread
Tuco Salamanca
You hardly ever see tiger pull Driver off the first tee and you hardly ever see tiger try an hit driver into a stiff wind... He's done both through the first two holes. I wonder why he isn't pulling out the stinger?
BreNayPop
AG
I saw tiger ask the camera man to step back 2 steps with a please. Anybody suggesting he was rude or out of line is crazy- the cameras havent been that close to any other player.

Tiger better get his crap together or its gonna be a long, painful round.
Deluxe
AG
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central/weekend-ratings-masters-worst-1957/

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24590216/us-open-ratings-were-abysmal

Need to show more Tiger to help boost ratings.
watty
AG
Tiger in big trouble. Once you struggle with wind, it's darn near impossible to turn it around in the middle of a round. He can do it, but the odds of him shooting a 79 are much higher than the odds of him patching together a 72.
Deluxe
AG
MUST take advantage of the par 5s
bagger05
AG
quote:
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central/weekend-ratings-masters-worst-1957/

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24590216/us-open-ratings-were-abysmal

Need to show more Tiger to help boost ratings.

Some of that was Tiger, but the Masters was a pretty boring Sunday (by recent standards) and the US Open was a total snoozer.
Tuco Salamanca
Yeah the level of entertainment has been awful in the majors this year
bagger05
AG
Some good names floating around toward the top of the leaderboard so far... Sergio, Rory, Fowler, Oosty, Scott. Let's just hope that Tiger is legitimately in contention or completely out of contention. Nothing worse than when he's five shots back on a Sunday with 15 guys in front of him and they show him to see if he can "make a charge up the leaderboard" instead of showing the people who are actually contending to win.
LeFraud
You try and tell this board a lot of things tommee, by creating meaningless threads every single day.

You also told us Zach Johnson will win, he may not even around for the weekend. Also told us Stroud and Stefani will surprise...they probably won't make the weekend either. But keep on keepin on.
Big Cat `93
AG
quote:
SVP needs to do golf full time, CBS needs to pair him up with Feherty

Agreed.

Looks like the only Lamar Cardinal who'll last the weekend is a South African.
Tuco Salamanca
I'm amazed by how often Tiger loses concentration these days.. Like Paul said, if this was the 72nd hole and his life depended on it there's no way Tiger would run that putt 25 feet past.
watty
AG
Tiger's head isn't in it. Azinger sort of said that,saying that awful putt from off the green just now was a mental error more than physical. I have to agree. The layoff is showing right now in his mental game.

Still, if he can somehow just get back to even for the day, he's in this. I just don't know if he can do that today.
Aggie1391
Holes 1-3 have eaten Tiger's lunch at Hoylake, even in '06. He's played a lot better on the back 9, maybe he can pick up a birdie on the front and shoot a couple under on the back. Shooting 72 would put him right in the thick of it.
BayAg14
Fantastic putt by Furyk! Would love to see him make a run for this. Just gotta keep it together this weekend.
LeFraud
Espn radio says tiger is +9 on the first 3 holes at hoylake, and -26 on the rest of the holes.
Ag_07
AG
It's just impossible to take that much time off od competive golf and expect to pick up right where you left off.

And as much as he says otherwise I don't buy that he thinks he can win right now. I think he just wants to be back and get every chance he can at a major. I don't expect him to compete like the Tiger of old until next year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.