*****The Open Championship*****

17,270 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Mr.Bond
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SVP got his start on the Golf Channel I believe.

Fowler looking good.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Fowler playing good

FIFY

Dude looks ridiculous with that ugly hat and chitty facial hair.
Ag_07
AG
If Tiger hits a driver again during this tournament someone needs to jump the ropes and snap it in half.

He's strippin the irons down the middle.
bagger05
AG
quote:
Fowler playing well

FIFY
watty
AG
Even if Tiger doesn't contend, a Rory vs Sergio vs Rickie showdown would be HUGE for the game.
gougler08
AG
Rory is on fire
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
Dude looks ridiculous with that ugly hat and chitty facial hair.

haha, agreed!
Big Cat `93
AG
Ugh, even Van Der Walt has hit the skids.
watty
AG
Man, when Rory is at his best, like now, I really think his game is every bit as good Tiger's ever was. I think he actually is more of a birdie machine than Tiger when both are at their absolute best. Don't take that to mean that Rory is better than Tiger was, but simply that Rory has hotter hot streaks (maybe).
watty
AG
Of course I say that and he misses a five footer for birdie.
watty
AG
Yesterday Tiger had perfect distance control. Today, he hasn't been anywhere close to pin high. Long almost every time.
Ag_07
AG
Looks DJ learned how to putt better than a handicapped 4 year old.

If he can not get mentally rattled he stands a good chance to make a nice run this weekend.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Watty I think you can give most of the distance control problems to the wind.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Would be an interesting duel between Rory and DJ. DJ definitely has the firepower to keep up and both are very average putters right now (Rory being the better at times though). Both have had meltdowns in majors but Rory obviously has 2 so give him the edge mentally.
jj9000
AG
Fowler!!

Like the kid.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Fowler!!

Like the kid.
jj9000
AG
I wish they had ShotLink on every tee box of every Tourney. Especially with ball speed, launch angle, and carry distance.
watty
AG
Tiger
watty
AG
Tiger with a real chance of missing the cut with what he's doing on 17.
jj9000
AG
Holy crap!!

That bunker shot by Fowler was ridiculous.

Take a close look at the exit angle on replay.
Mr.Bond
AG

[This message has been edited by Mr.Bond (edited 7/18/2014 12:29p).]
Mr.Bond
MJ20/20
AG
HTF did woods triple 17?
Ag_07
AG
OB tee shot WAY right
2nd tee shot WAY left in the lettuce
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
HTF did woods triple 17?

He missed his 6th shot for a double
Mr.Bond
AG
At least he birdied 18
Ag_07
AG
Azinger just summed it up perfectly.

Tiger has got learn to drive the ball better. All the guys at the top (Rory, DJ, Scott, Sergio) are all great drivers of the golf ball. It's just not gonna happen if he can't put it down the middle.

And with Rory being 5 up right now and the weather supposed to get downright bad he may be coasting home come Sunday. Gonna be hard to catch him.

[This message has been edited by Ag_07 (edited 7/18/2014 1:01p).]
dodger02
AG
You mean pulling driver out and swinging out of your shoes isn't a good strategy for attacking a links course?!

It's a wonder that they guy still has knees and a back that somewhat work. I just can't see why there is any reason to swing that hard and be that wild with a driver in your hand. Dial it back a bit, dude. Quit trying to rip it 340y and settle for being in the fairway at 300y. Slow your ego down just a bit and see what happens.
Deluxe
AG
quote:
It's a wonder that they guy still has knees and a back that somewhat work. I just can't see why there is any reason to swing that hard and be that wild with a driver in your hand. Dial it back a bit, dude. Quit trying to rip it 340y and settle for being in the fairway at 300y. Slow your ego down just a bit and see what happens.
Aggie1391
Pulling for Rory now
Tuco Salamanca
quote:
quote:

You do realize who you're talking about, right? Trying to give swing advice to arguably the best to ever play the game
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pulling out driver and swinging out of my shoes is my strategy for attacking every course. It's also one reason why I get paid to do finance while I have to pay for my golf.
watty
AG
quote:

He doesn't always swing like that. He was mad on 17. That swing was nothing more than angrily trying to crush the ball as far as he could. And he paid for it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
You do realize who you're talking about, right? Trying to give swing advice to arguably the best to ever play the game

Oh jeesh. here we go again.
Confucius
quote:

If he was doing that, he would have directed the comment to Jack.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.